Music Self Therapy

Neo8in

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've wondered this for a long time. When I was a teenager I completely anti social. I could put on the charm and act to interact with everyone, but would keep myself completely alone. For me to express my feelings in a "normal" way. I would listen to music and let my emotions be associated with particular songs or genres. This still works for me. Mentally it removes the strain of emotions from me and attaches it to a song. If I'm ever in a particular mood, I find a song I've already associated with or something new to bury my feelings in. Obviously this may not be "healthy" but it works. I was curious if anyone has ever done this.

Expozr

Cherished Member
Media
Neo8in, I totally get you. I have always been very introspective. For me it was all about music as well but rather than listening, I would sing and give voice to my feelings. It got me through some tough times. I can't even imagine how I would have coped at all without music. I do also associate certain feelings with some songs and I can instantly relate to those emotions when I hear a song that brings back old memories and feelings. Singing a song is about story telling and perhaps we each relate our emotional stories through music. By the way, impressive pictures of you.