Musical jeopordy (new game for lpsg music lovers)

Digger

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What is "sand"? (silica? quartz?) not sure which answer fits best...but sand seems the easiest to incorporate in a song title:

Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Castles Made of Sand" (Hendrix cover)
LOL - some old electronic disco...
Quartz - "Quartz"

Q: The second person to walk on the moon, Edwin Aldrin Jr. is more commonly known by this nickname.

Digger

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What is "dry" (weather)?

The Streets - "Dry Your Eyes"

Q: According to the Corpus of Contemporary American English, this verb - the sixth most common verb in the spoken English language - is the most common English word beginning with the letter 'c'.

Mellow

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
OK, I had been waiting for someone smarter than I to save the day, but apparently they have all taken a seat in anticipation of my making a fool odf myself. I believe, or rather, what google and I have come up with is the following;

What is to come, or came?

During a relay race, a runner hands the next person on the team this in order to signal his portion of the competition.

Perados

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
What is a "Staffelstab"? - how shouldI know the eEnglish word for it ;) - but the translate program says "baton" :D

Only song I could find

It's the name for clapping your hands to show you liked it

Digger

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The answer to the most common English word beginning with the letter 'c' is the word "can". I think "come" has more definitions, but in terms of written use of the word, "can" is far and away the most common 'c' word. Although I must say, Mellow had a great educated guess...and a great song selection!

just for kicks, here's a "can" song:
The Cramps - "Can Your Pussy Do the Dog?"

I'm sorry I don't have a great answer for Mellow's question. Is there a definitive answer? I think the first EUROPEANS to come to the Americas were Icelandic Vikings, but I'm not sure they were the first non-American natives period. I've also heard of legends in which it was Irish monks, long before the Vikings. Some theories suggest China? Or what about early people from what is now Russia, crossing the Bering Strait? Or possibly Polynesians coming across the ocean to South America?

(It's 4:30am here in Bangkok. I'm tired and probably thinking too much. My head hurts. or maybe it's the Thai whiskey.)

Here's a bunch of answers to cover all my bases. I'm sure Mellow will tell me if I'm wrong, but I'm stepping up to the plate:
Red Rockers - "China"

Doctor Dogan - "Iceland"

Paul McCartney & Wings - "Give Ireland Back to the Irish"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5il1gXFmEY

Iron Maiden - "Mother Russia"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLhC2eTkVCM

Let's give everyone a softball: This secondary color is produced by mixing the primary colors blue and yellow.

Perados

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
What is green?

@Digger I guess ireland, Iceland or China would work as an answer (even if I have doubts about china) - the people from Polynesia and Russia, who arrived between 12,000 and 7,000 years ago are the people we call "native Americans"

I love Quentin

The reverse numbers of 10 to 1 to initial an event

Reactions: Digger

Digger

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What is green?

@Digger I guess ireland, Iceland or China would work as an answer (even if I have doubts about china) - the people from Polynesia and Russia, who arrived between 12,000 and 7,000 years ago are the people we call "native Americans"

I love Quentin

The reverse numbers of 10 to 1 to initial an event
Yes, the George Baker Selection! That song kicks ass!

Answer: Countdown

Megadeth - "Countdown to Extinction"

Question: Varieties of this item include ball-peen, claw, sledge, and steam.

Mellow

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
All the answers listed, post Asia are loosely recorded (which are now known as Native Americans, as was said above), I have to accept, because I should have articulated that I was looking for the first country that was given documented credit for reaching the Americas by way of sea, not the land bridge. It is a bit of a curve ball, as it was written, and even evidenced in archaeological dig sites that the Vikings likely are to be credited with being the first. But in history with all the clarity of the world as we know it, Spain in their great conquest proudly, loudly, and most perilously planted their booted foot in the earth of the Americas. I was a bit rushed posting that, and I know I am dealing with you highly schooled, and fact checking folks here. It begs that I give much more care when posting my trivia from here on out. My bad.

The answer here is:
What is a hammer.

It is the Egyptian symbol of power, and health, used for it's protection. Also known as the Eye of Ra, this hieroglyph is one of the most recognizable symbols used by the ancient race.

(Digger, isn't Thai Whiskey basically moonshine? Whewwww! Take care of that head today.)

Digger

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What is "the Eye of Horus"?

I'm going to beg forgiveness on this one, because I don't know any song with 'Horus" in the title. But I do know "Horace".

^one of their all-time best songs!

Priest!

Question: Washington, Madison, Jackson, Polk, Buchanan, and Harding were the only U.S. presidents to never have any of these.

Perados

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
What is the Planet Jupiter?

Einstein proofed that this "dimension" is linked to space and one can't exist without the other

Digger

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Digger

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've heard this question before somewhere (probably at a pub quiz). The popular answer is "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer" by Mark Twain...since Twain himself made this claim in his autobiography. However, later research has shown his memory was slightly incorrect: the answer is actually a different Twain novel, "Life on the Mississippi".

Rush:

Mountain:

Fill in the blanks in each of the following with the same missing word: _____ ball .... learning _____ .... Lita Ford album "Dangerous _____s" .... LPSG member CurseOf_____s

Reactions: TheHappyWhore

Digger

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
...and Diggs man... really?
Is that a pensive "really", as in "hmm...I never knew that"?
or an annoyed "really", as in "don't be such a douche, Digger"?
I fear I've offended you somehow. If so, it wasn't my intention. Just trying to cover my bases, since there didn't appear to be one definitive answer.

Digger

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What is a mayfly?

In 1979, the Coca-Cola company introduced the soft drink Mello Yello specifically to compete with this similar Pepsi product.