Musicians (wannabe or otherwise)

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_Elijah_MorganWood, Mar 22, 2006.

1. D_Elijah_MorganWood

D_Elijah_MorganWood New Member

Who here likes to make music?

Me: Vocals, trumpet/Coronet and most recently Acoustic Guitar (I suck but I'm learning)
    I also write songs
    This is all just for pleasure

who else?

2. D_Barbi_Queue

D_Barbi_Queue Account Disabled

I love to sing, but I suck. I love to dance, but I'm white.

3. RideRocket

Gold Member

I like it when my skin flute gets played...

4. tallguypns

Gold Member

Albums:
    I also play trumpet/flügelhorn/cornet. A tad bit of piano. Less than a tad bit of acouitic guitar. I can sing, but I dont think I have a voice for it. And most importantly, I also am a recording engineer so I can "make music" that way.

5. Chuck64

Gold Member

Ditto.

I also play Clarinet (easily the most phallic instrument in a standard high school band) and Piano. I don't claim to be great at either, but when I'm invited to play at church, I always get compliments from the little old ladies - and you know how big of an attention whore I am. I also dabbled with the church organ for a while, but my feet aren't that coordinated.

6. prepstudinsc

Gold Member

Concert pianist and organist here, also a choral director. I also play the horn, carillon, handbells, harpsichord. And lest you think I only play classical music, I play black gospel at church!

7. mindseye

Gold Member

Have played: violin, piano, clarinet, hammered dulcimer -- but I'm now so rusty on the violin and clarinet that I'd be ashamed to play for anyone.

My first bachelor's degree was in music in an area called "THC" (Theory, History and Composition) until the university realized what else it stood for! ;)

8. GoneA

Gold Member

i play the Clarinet ... i've played it for 10 years now. sometimes, when i'm feeling particularly crazy, i try my hand at the piano.

9. ClaireTalon

Gold Member

I can play some piano, not enough that I'd try to play any classics, but I have some skills. Others also say I have a good singing voice, but I'd doubt that. I'd have to hit the key right to make that true.

10. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm a very good singer. I am currently being classically trained by a brilliant teacher.

I used to play the bass. I might buy a new (old, the oldest I can afford) bass and take it up again. I was once good enough to get into some programs at Juilliard. I never auditioned for university level study there. Not that I could have afforded it.

Now I play bass guitar (badly, oh, so badly) and am shocked at how it didn't just automatically translate. Maybe next year I'll get lessons. I can't see myself with the time for that right now.

I play the handbells also, I learned to play them at my church. We have a decent handbell choir, and I'd love to join, but I can't make the rehearsals.

White people can dance. Or so I've heard.:tongue:

11. B_Jeremy

B_Jeremy New Member

I play the guitar a bit. Jam with friends every now and than. Nothing serious, but it's good fun.

12. D_alex8

D_alex8 Member

I can play the piano and keyboards to an adequate level, but I'm also an abominable singer. However, I am also an expert at digital enhancement and remixing, which is why I've happily sent friends and acquaintances a home-made album of songs performed by me-me-me in the past. The little sister of one of them even thought it was quite good, and frankly, I think that 11 year-olds make the best critics. :rolleyes:

13. Matthew

Gold Member

Oh, how sweet it would be to get my hands on that. :biggrin1:

I was a classically-trained cellist and started college as a music major. Haven't played since my sister's wedding. Also played clarinet through high school.

14. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

I sing tenor/alto. As you can tell from my profile pics, I've sung before with a band. I read.

I played clarinet, and can still play acoustic guitar, bass, drums, and just about any single reed instrument. Haven't played oboe or bassoon in years, so it would take me a while to get them presentable again.

I mostly think of myself as a singer, though.

15. rawbone8

Gold Member

Albums:
    lame — but that doesn't deter me from playing acoustic guitar
    and once upon a time bass guitar as part of a friend's backup band at open stage appearances

16. Dr. Dilznick

Gold Member

<-------- multi-instrumentalist. Main instruments: guitar, bass guitar, keyboards.

To-do list:

- I Need a better mic, I'm using Adobe Audition, Kurzweil Keyboards and talent on loan from God.

- Drop my highly touted mixtape. Take it to a professional studio and have it mixed by some middle-aged white dude who charges $180 an hour. Nah, I gotta produce my own shit. I feel at home over my makeshift production. The mixtape is basically just the groundwork for the LP. Might throw it away. I need time to perfect my honey-drenched, smooth-as-satin-silk vocals and tweak my stage show before embarking on the world tour.

17. B_DWTS00

B_DWTS00 New Member

I write lyrics for my friends band(metal) sometimes and help with placing the music with the lyrics.

Not a pro or anything, just get it done while drinking and messin around with girls and maybe him in the near future.:biggrin1:

18. GoneA

Gold Member

oh yeah, i'm also pretty good at the harmonica

19. rawbone8

Gold Member

Albums:
    the art of suck and blow
    with the mouth... organ.

still unsure? or yet more evidence? :biggrin1: j/k

chromatic ? diatonic?
    BTW, are you a fan of Adler? I prefer Stevie Wonder. And many bluesy harp players.

20. GoneA

Gold Member

okay, you found me out *goes to change sexual orientation to 100% gay*

chromantic, cos they're easier; but diatonics are classier, i would say :biggrin1:.

actually i really do appreciate Larry; but alas, i prefer Stevie Wonder, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted