Musicians (wannabe or otherwise)

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Classical Piano

I began taking lessons at 4 and continued through sophomore year in undergraduate school (age 19). I have played publically both for profit and for various causes and at my church (when I was still a congregant). But it was never my "thing" to play for an audience.

I prefer playing without an audience or at the most a few friends.

Playing piano is a tonic to the soul.

kwc4you2003

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Am i the only drummer here. YES!!!!! I was in both High School marching band and Drum Corps. I played bass drum and snare in high school, quints and quads in drum corps. I also can play any mallet instrument (xylophone, marimba, vibes) at college level. I can also play piano. My current gf was in band too. She played a low brass instrument. She blows and i keep the rythm.

kwc4you2003

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes I was in Carolina Crown. I'm not any more as pharmacy school takes too much time and money. I will say that to this day it was the best time in my life. I learned a phrase that has helped me piss some people off (makes them mad because i'm a perfectionist ... most of the time). "Only excellence will be tolerated"

D_Claude Hopper

Experimental Member
Media
I play a few. I play trumpet (which I used to be pretty good at-I was a jazz playing fool, like glen miller type stuff) Along the way i picked up French Horn, F-horn for marching band, and about 1 octave of the tenor sax.

Anyway's it's mostly acoustic guitar now. I fell in love with just about anything that required finger-picking.

As for singing....It's not recommended for people's ears.

tallguypns

Sexy Member
Media
Pensacola, Florida, United States of America
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
kwc4you2003 said:
Am i the only drummer here. YES!!!!! I was in both High School marching band and Drum Corps. I played bass drum and snare in high school, quints and quads in drum corps. I also can play any mallet instrument (xylophone, marimba, vibes) at college level. I can also play piano. My current gf was in band too. She played a low brass instrument. She blows and i keep the rythm.

I used to video about 400 marching bands a year. Thank god that's over with.

shymonster

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Guitar here. Not good enough to perform really but I derive a lot of personal pleasure from it when time allows.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hi,

One of my undergrad majors was voice performance. I have sung as soloist with a major symphony orchestra . I studied piano, classical guitar, oboe , clarinet. however I am so rusty at this point it is shameful....

Naughty

D_Elijah_MorganWood

Expert Member
Media
naughty said:
Hi,

One of my undergrad majors was voice performance. I have sung as soloist with the Baltimore Symphony . I studied piano, classical guitar, oboe , clarinet. however I am so rusty at this point it is shameful....

Naughty
Too bad you aren't closer. I studied with an acclaimed voice teacher. I'm Tenor with a 4 octave range. I have a fetish for harmonies. I sing 1 hour, 4x a week all by myself :cool: I briefly had a singing partner in my assistant until I fired him.

sexycobra

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I play the piano and organ. I've also sung and played the recorder for a long time (I'm still decent at it). My life actually revolves around music (though not necessarily performing in public).

GoneA

Sexy Member
Media
kwc4you2003 said:

yes, it was elementary school that initially introduced me the Clarinet; i kept with it through high school and afterwards. being in the band was bittersweet - i liked playing, but i hated having to play in the freezing cold

Mumzi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I play guitar and a little drums. I have a really pretty cherry red ibanez, and a teal fender.
Haven't played much in the last few years tho.

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Mumzi said:
I have a really pretty cherry red ibanez, and a teal fender.

Am I the only person who thinks this sentence has the makings of a good double entendre? :rolleyes:

*sorry, Mumzi* :redface:

*walks off hanging head in shame* :cool:

dudepiston

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I play piano, sing, compose and play a little guitar. I love it.....you're right, piano (and music of any kind) can be a tonic to the soul! It's a great expressive instrument....and it keeps my hands busy for hours!

I also have a home recording studio (no mics or other major equipment, yet) but I'm getting there. If anyone has suggestions, I'm open....

aleftcurve

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
dudepiston said:
I also have a home recording studio (no mics or other major equipment, yet) but I'm getting there. If anyone has suggestions, I'm open....
I have a small recording studio in my bedroom at the moment.:biggrin1: So i'll be happy to help you out with any questions you might have.