Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I figured I'd throw this one out there. Musicians, let us know what kind of music you make, etc. I'm curious to see how many LPSG proudle boasts.

Blessings

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I play guitar, piano, electric bass and keyboards well enough to write my own songs. I know some music theory. I can write my own charts Nashville Number System style.

I like doing remixes: filter house, funky R&B, old-school soul-type stuff. But I also like doing some textural guitar work kinda like Richard Werbowenko at ASCHE AND SPENCER does. I like making my guitar sound like a keyboard synth with a lot of effects.

I listen to a lot of classical music...especially Rimsky-Korsakov. And I listen to a lot of film soundtracks...for harmony ideas. I like big pretty chords and progressions. If I like a piece of music...I will learn bits and pieces of the tune just enough to learn the tune. Then, I take the idea...and make it my own. I jam on it. If I like what I hear. I write it down in my notebook.

mephistopheles

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I play guitar(acoustic/electric), bass guitar, piano, violin, trumpet, banjo, drums and a few other various instruments.

I have written more than 400 songs; I usually dont write anything below a 4 piece ensemble.

myspace.com/lipstickvogue37 is my music myspace.

Some of the stuff on there is pretty basic though, I only have a multitrack recorder so I can't record a lot fot he music I write just yet.

I am 100% percent self taught.
And yes, I use sheet music and I know how to write it.

D_Tilly_De_Toilet

Experimental Member
Media

idesofmarch

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Beautiful!

Any chance, that you guys could upload some vids where you play? Music is my first love, and I love it in all kinds of genres. Classic, ethnic, pop, rock, blues, soul etc etc.

When I put my cd player to work at home, it depends a lot on my mood what I listen to. Right now, Van Morrison. Yesterday it was Led Zeppelin, and tomorrow it could be one of my favourite finnish artists who sings traditional jewish songs in hebrew or jiddish.

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
Beautiful!

Any chance, that you guys could upload some vids where you play? Music is my first love, and I love it in all kinds of genres. Classic, ethnic, pop, rock, blues, soul etc etc.

When I put my cd player to work at home, it depends a lot on my mood what I listen to. Right now, Van Morrison. Yesterday it was Led Zeppelin, and tomorrow it could be one of my favourite finnish artists who sings traditional jewish songs in hebrew or jiddish.
I'm the bass player. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEE1G3xqxs0

drumstyck

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
drummer, obviously.

played in concert bands thru school, did a few pit orchestras for musicals in college. been in & out of regular old rock bands, nothing ever took off or kept my attention for long enough.

Apollo1

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Nice! I'm really pleased with all the posts. I, myself, recently started a one-man shoegaze/post rock project. I've been playing out a good bit, and so far, so good.

Blessings

Embrace69

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm primarily a singer a mezzo soprano to be exact. Though I play many different instruments. Piano, Guitar, Flute, Clarinet, Trumpet, Violin and can play other instruments pretty proficiently. I have a B.A. Degree in Music with a concentration in Vocal Studies.

I've performed in local operas, musicals and bands/symphonies.

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I play keyboards, and I write music too. Most of the music I write is in the vein of prog-rock (or something similar), with occasional metal influences. I'd like to eventually record some of my stuff, but for the time being, I have it all saved in documents (for the sheet music) and MIDI files on my computer.

Embrace69

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
So when do we get to hear you sing, Ms. Embrace?

Blessings

Seeing as how this site is sexual in nature and anonymity is a pretty nice thing to have here, I'd say chances are probably pretty slim. :sad:

But my bf gets to hear me sing in other ways. :wink:

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Guitarists, what kind of pedals do you use (if any)?

I'm not a guitarist, but I often hook my keyboards up to wah-wah and/or distortion pedals. (I'm not sure of the brand , exactly. I generally just borrow my brother's.)

Apollo1

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You should look at hooking your keyboard up to a whammy pedal. I'm not sure if you're familiar with the group Battles, but they do some really interesting things like that.

Blessings