Muslim Demographics - The ULTIMATE Fear Mongering Tactic

Discussion in 'Politics' started by B_VinylBoy, May 28, 2009.

1. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

A friend of mine just sent me this video that is currently on YouTube. If you thought the fear mongering amongst anti-Liberal and anti-Obama people was big, wait till you see this! Somehow, they managed to tie in the fear of terrorism and blend it with the issue of gay rights.

I kid you not... check out the video.
    YouTube - Muslim Demographics

Shit like this really pisses me off. Does anyone actually THINK before they waste their time making these videos of obvious fact distortion? Then again, who knew that we could actually stop terrorism and the spread of Islam by simply FUCKING? Guess this means I should tap into my 10% and try to save America!

Sometimes I wonder why we even let stupid people near technology. :rolleyes:

2. chijack

Gold Member

Instead of profanity, name calling, insulting remarks, and ad hominem attacks, why don't you try to use facts and data to make your point?

BTW, the population trends mentioned in the video are much closer to truth than fiction.

3. StrictlyAvg

StrictlyAvg Member

The population trends quoted are true enough but the underlying message it's trying to get across is undoubtedly fear-mongering and racist in nature so why bother going to the trouble of collecting vast arrays of facts and data?
    Put it in the "ignore" bin where it fucking belongs!

4. B_mitchymo

B_mitchymo New Member

religious propaganda

5. DiscoBoy

Gold Member

"*Cue in dark music*
    "Immigration."
    "Islamic Immigration."
    That little sequence honestly made me laugh.

But are you seriously shocked? Even people on LPSG advocate this kind of ignorance and intolerance (as we've recently witnessed). People have it set in their minds that Islam = terrorism. They fail to realize that their own bible also contains passages that call for violence ("
    [FONT=&quot]Stone him to death, because he tried to turn you away from the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery" Deuteronmy 13:10).

Whether the statistics are true or not is besides the point. The US has a population of about 306,000,000 and the video stated that there are currently 9,000,000 Muslims in the US. That's 2.9% of the population. The video makes it seems as if that's some kind of epidemic. They're exaggerating the importance of these numbers.

Also, it doesn't take into account the rate that atheism/agnosticism is increasing at (Adherents.com: Atheist Statistics | Agnostic that link has some statistics). Whether you're born into a Christian family or a Muslim family, you could very well drop the faith, so it hardly matters how many Muslims are currently within the country. I was raised a Catholic and I don't label myself as such.
    [/FONT]

6. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Actually, the person making the video makes very vague assumptions on data that he claimed to have "researched". If this video was to be thorough and informative, then why be so secretive about the sources you used to come up with statistical data? It's not as if Census data or population counts aren't public record. Secondly, changes in the social demographic of a nation are always subject to change. Just recently, didn't Hispanics become the biggest minority of our own country? Where were the videos about Hispanic Demographics if maintaining some fictional level of status quo was really the focus?

It's too apparent what the creator is trying to do.
    The constant mentioning of the word Muslim targets those who are in fear of another terrorist attack. He paints this dooming picture of how Muslims are somehow moving into every country in the world and are taking over by just breeding. What other issues do these people worry over? The closing of Gitmo, the issue of condoning torture, same sex marriage. Kinds nice how all of these pieces of the puzzle fit together, huh?

And if you don't like my language, then that's on you. I have to deal with reading some of the most racially motivated, socially ignorant posts from people who call themselves rationally thinking adults. I reserve my right to use some 4 letter descriptive adjectives once in a while. :rolleyes:

7. Zeuhl34

Gold Member

Albums:
    Oh Lord, they're going to consume us all!:rolleyes:

Anyway, to make a few points:

1) The video treats Islam as if it is inherently bad and violent. That it is not. Islam, like all major religions has an inherently good message, but of course there are some whack-jobs who pervert it to fit their own needs, as in all religions. The video also fails to differentiate between the differences between extreme Middle Eastern Islam and the brand of Islam practiced just about everywhere else.

It can safely be assumed that only a fairly small percentage of Middle Eastern Muslims are the extreme fundamentalists that do hold the scary viewpoints. Then, take into account that the Middle East is only the 3rd-most-populous Muslim region on the planet (behind Indonesia and Africa). The video implies (through ignoring population statistics) that all Muslims hold extreme beliefs and are aiming to take over the world which, when any amount of critical thought is applied to it, is just stupid.

2) It ignores the historical presence of Muslims in Europe. Islam was born in the Arabian Peninsula in the 7th century A.D., and by 711 A.D., the Muslims had conquered the Iberian Peninsula, which they held for over 700 years. By the time the various Caliphates had morphed into the Ottoman Empire, Asia Minor was entirely under Muslim control, and they soon pushed through into the Balkan Peninsula, capturing what is now Greece, Albania, Bulgaria, parts of Romania, the former Yugoslav states, the Caucasus, and parts of Ukraine and Russia, leaving large Muslim populations in most of those countries.

Islam didn't have much staying power in Spain, thanks to the Spanish Inquisition, but it has always had a very strong presence in the Balkans and in parts of Russia. Furthermore, these Muslims (much like the ones in Indonesia) are MODERATE. They are, like most European Christians, very secular in their everyday activities. What is there to make one believe that any new influx of Muslims are going to be the crazy ones?

3. The video failed to differentiate between "Islamic Republic" and "Republic with a majority population of Muslims." For example, Iran, a theocracy, is an Islamic Republic. Turkey, on the other hand, has a secular government, but a majority of the population is Muslim. Simply having 50%+1 of your population be a certain religion does not make your country a "______ Republic." If that were true, the US would be a Christian Republic.

4. It assumes all the Muslims that move to Europe are the crazies and also assumes that the very secularized culture of Europe will not have any tempering effects on the crazy ones. By immigrating to a new land, people are often forced to pick up on certain aspects of the culture, and from what I know about Europe (I'll admit I've never been), it is very secular and non-religious. One would think that this type of atmosphere would "rub off" on some of the more fundamentalist ones and would only encourage ideological moderation, much like the Balkan Muslims.

Just because Muslims are a very fast-growing population doesn't mean the world is going to hell in a handbasket. Various world governments are doing that fine without the help of religion.

8. scarletfury

scarletfury New Member

Exactly. This is one of the most stupid things ever made. It's purpose is nothing but to frighten people.

9. DiscoBoy

Gold Member

Isn't it? :rolleyes:

Great post by the way!

10. Zeuhl34

Gold Member

Albums:
    Only if you listen to the crazies:wink:

Thank you

11. maestro071

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Well Albanians on Kosovo (province of Sebia) were minority before the WWII... just some 60 yrs ago... simply with demographics (one of the bigest fertility rate in the world in few decades), they became mayority of 90% in some 50 yrs... and finally pushed the remaining serbs out,(who owned more than 50 % of land and properties), with the great help of some countries as well as bad serbian policy, and got the state recognized by many western countries (and worth of mentioning by onle few islamic states, although Albanians on Kosovo are muslims)...
    I know that this will happen with Europe, scenario had been already seen in Balkans.
    Besides the main goal of Islam, and not hidden is to spread the word of Alah and its religion and to spread it all over the world and finally becomes the only religgion.
    Good thing is that islam is very tolerant toward christians...
    But again, its not the end of the world...Besides dont beleive that number of muslim population in europe will change the situation so much...
    Maybe it will bring us some more and some new values in our lifes and new better culture, ...just new era, lol ;)
    I didnt like the vid, since its paranoid and doesnt really call on tollerance and democracy... but has some other hidden masage that I didnt like at all!
    Cheers!

#11 maestro071, May 28, 2009
    Last edited: May 28, 2009
  12. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

I'm so glad most of you get it. Restores some of my faith in people on this board. :)

13. D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

THis video fails to take into account that immigrants, even muslim immigrants, tend to assimilate into the larger culture.

We may have "x" million middle-eastern muslims living in the United States, but basically they are no different than the koreans or russians or irish or chinese who assimilate into the culture, interbreed with the rest of the population - and blend.

This video, with it's sinister middle-eastern soundtrack, wants us to assume that muslims only interbreed with other muslim -- and give birth to radicalized child suicide bombers.

14. B_mitchymo

B_mitchymo New Member

WELL SAID man!

I think that if the time came that the world wanted to protect its declining minority religions or secular societies then a UN decree combining a little US and Turkish declarations. A UN constitution that dictates military forces must protect democracy against religion would be a welcoming thing. (This is the only reason why Turkey has a secular government...their military has intervened to remove government that threatens secularism on numerous occasions)

15. dong20

Gold Member

The only element in the video that should cause concern (beyond its motivation of course) is the last phrase of the final sentence. '... a call to action'. For many of those with whom this video is likely to resonate, that's a starting pistol.

Ironically, it reminded me of Obama's 'yes we can' video. A very different message of course, but a broadly similar delivery, to me at least.

16. B_stanmarsh14

B_stanmarsh14 New Member

17. Trinity

Trinity New Member

I did not see the following in the clip:

I saw the clip to say that Islam is growing with the increase in populations and changes in demographics. This increase was viewed unfavorably from a Christian standpoint and an American and/or European Cultural point of view.

Thinking in terms that the American Culture could be gone in fifty years or French Culture as we know it today, or Greek, or German...the points made were in terms changes in National Culture and Religion as we know it today.

Some other clips were also posted there too with Mark Steyn:

YouTube - The End of Europe - Mark Steyn (1 of 5)

YouTube - The End of Europe - Mark Steyn (2 of 5)

18. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Of course you wouldn't see or even comprehend the underlying tone of the video, Trinity. Because you approve the previous administration's excuses for using torture and honestly believe that all Muslims are evil. I don't think a person on this board is even surprised.

Your links are completely irrelevant. The fact that the Muslim population is growing worldwide is NOT some threat to our nation. It is NOT a threat to Christianity. And it's NOT a threat to our safety. It IS however, a threat to bigoted & ignorant people like yourself... because that means you'll have to grin and bear it whether you like it or not. Everyone else on this thread gets it. What's YOUR excuse?

19. sparky11point5

sparky11point5 New Member

Attention <member of my nation | ethnicity | religion | neighborhood | high school>!

It is important you know the FACTS and make up your OWN MIND about a very important threat! Anyone can see the danger! Don't be like those other sheep who just believe what they read on the Internet!

Some <random other nation | ethnicity | religion | neighborhood | high school> is
    <increasing | arming | fucking your women | dressing strangely >!

ACT NOW BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!

HATE THEM!

Brought to you by Trinity "Always Wrong" (tm) and the National Council of Stupid, Fearful Bigots

20. Guy-jin

Gold Member

Albums:
    Effective video if the audience is completely mentally deficient.

Fortunately for them, most people are.

Draft saved Draft deleted