Experimental Member
Media

Heather LouAnna

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Is this spam?

No, I don't think Muslim veils should be banned. One particular religious symbol, no matter that other cultures view it as degrading to women, should not be banned.

I view the Christian cross as morbid. Wearing a death symbol on your person is morbid to me, but I don't think they should be banned.

dolf250

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm not really interested in doing anyone's homework for them - thanks anyway.

I agree when it comes to topics that I may have to think about. However, if anybody needs to know the capital of Canada for their school work I am more than willing to share my vast knowledge of all things Canadian. (It is, in fact, Gander, Newfoundland.)

rimmer9

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Heather, the debate in the UK has been highlighted because a suspected terrorist suspect was able to avoid detection when leaving the country because he was dressed as a female wearing the veil. Good enough reason to ban it for me. Whilst I am sure the majority of wearers are genuine there is always that chance. Wear the headscarf by all means BUT NO VEIL.

Adrian69702006

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I don't think the wearing of any religious dress should be banned outright in public. For many people, a veil, habit or crucifix is an important statement not just of their faith but of what defines them as people.

However, I think context is all important though. In a school situation the wearing of a full face veil could obstruct either teaching or learning, depending on whether a staff member or student happened to be wearing it. This is certainly true within the context of certain subjects such as language classes where being able to see someone's face clearly is necessary for productive learning to take place.

Heather LouAnna

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Heather, the debate in the UK has been highlighted because a suspected terrorist suspect was able to avoid detection when leaving the country because he was dressed as a female wearing the veil. Good enough reason to ban it for me. Whilst I am sure the majority of wearers are genuine there is always that chance. Wear the headscarf by all means BUT NO VEIL.

The last article I read, and it was like..three years ago..lol was in regards to France and the banning of anything on women's head. The article I read was about a girl who was forced to remove her headgear at school. She then decided to wear a large hat instead, to cover her hair, which they also said she couldn't do...........so she shaved her head. The school just flipped out.

As an American, I rather consider (studpidly sometimes) European countries like states. I read "UK" and thought "Europe." My mistake.

Anyway, I don't think veils or headscarves should be banned. If you're going through customs, they have a right to check you. This is another American thing. They wont let you on a plane with half a bottle of mouth wash. They certainly wont let you on the plane if your face is covered up, no matter what religion you are. They need stricter rules, not bannings.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
I agree when it comes to topics that I may have to think about. However, if anybody needs to know the capital of Canada for their school work I am more than willing to share my vast knowledge of all things Canadian. (It is, in fact, Gander, Newfoundland.)

LOL!!! WHAT??? You mean it isn't Moosehead, Alberta?:eek: :rolleyes: :tongue:

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
If Muslims choose to live in a non-muslim country they should honour the customs and ways of life of that country.

I believe that's part of the problem, there should be no such thing as a 'non-muslim' country.

However, I do think veils should be banned, as I find it rude and disrespectful to completely or even partially cover ones face, regardless of religious beliefs, it's a human thing.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
Moosehead was the capital until the end of the war we had with the Minoans, when it was moved to Gander.

I'm disappointed that you weren't paying attention in Grade 4, when every Canadian student learns this.

Rob, as we BOTH know... Grade 4 boys in Ontario have to join the Pegasus division of the army, in order to prepare for OPERATION: BEAVER BASH.
I was busy learning to fly my Two headed beaver:rolleyes:

Heather LouAnna

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I believe that's part of the problem, there should be no such thing as a 'non-muslim' country.

I whole heartedly agree. There's no such thing as a "non-muslim" country. That's just ridiculous. Absolutely fucking ridiculous.

There is a time and place for everthing. If you're going through customs, there is a time for security and no place for anything that would hide your identity. IT doesn't matter what your beliefs are when it comes to safety. Social mores do not win over natural instinct for human life.

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
Rob, as we BOTH know... Grade 4 boys in Ontario have to join the Pegasus division of the army, in order to prepare for OPERATION: BEAVER BASH.
I was busy learning to fly my Two headed beaver:rolleyes:

Yes, but I went to school in the province of Restavit, not Ontario.

We learned to ride the furred hippocampi that are native to the arctic waters. I still have a picture of my graduation ceremony - I'll try to scan it and post it to my gallery.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I quite agree, let's not have non-muslim countries, let's all carry on the way we are tolerating Muslim intolerance and ignoring it till the (at the moment) minority of Muslims who call for Sharia law get their own way. The problem is that it's the voice of the radical and extremist that makes itself heard over the voice of the moderate Muslim.

Recently a channel 4 documentary 'Undercover Mosques' (anyone can see this on YouTube) was shown where statements were made in a Muslim mosque that advertised itself as moderate that gay men should be thrown from the top of a mountain, children should be beaten if they didn't pray, and Muslims were told to 'live like a state within a state until they were strong enough to take over.' If this had been any Anglican minister making these statements there would have been uproar and he would have been called to book, but what happened to the guys who did make these statements, ummm well nothing because we have to tolerate their rantings in the name of respecting their culture. Despite what people like to believe the UK is a Christian country, one of the queen's titles is Defender of the Faith, being multi cultural doesn't mean that the cultures within Britain are entirely equally spread, and while not being a country where people regularly go to church if asked the majority of Brits would profess to be Christian.

We have laws against the spreading of racist/religious hate which we're forced to uphold yet regularly we see in our papers photos of Muslims parading around with placards inciting the death of anyone who 'blasphemes,' tolerance should come from both sides and the problem we have in this country is tolerating intolerance.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If you lived in the Uk Heather you'd know how sick we were of seeing Muslims whine about being in the safety and luxury of our country and biting the hand that feeds them. And I don't think wanting the same laws applied even handedly is extremist.

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I whole heartedly agree. There's no such thing as a "non-muslim" country. That's just ridiculous. Absolutely fucking ridiculous.

After the Claiphate is restored, there won't be any non-Muslim countries. Sharia for all, and peace will reign ... except of course for those other Muslim sects which will have to be exterminated. This business of spreading a "religion of peace" through fire, sword, and treachery is hard work. But not as hard as getting the infidels to think that it's a religion of peace, rather than one of submission, in the first place. Fortunately, now that that misperception has spread to the highest levels of society and government, it's only a matter of time.