my 3D art

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by jonfreak, Jan 22, 2008.

1. jonfreak

jonfreak New Member

2. speshk

speshk New Member

They make me nauseous. I don't like spikey, hairy things. However, I would say as an artist you've succeeded in eliciting my heartfelt response. Just don't expect to see me at any of your openings, at least not until you change styles. Good luck!

3. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

Very nice. Interesting stuff.

4. Willy_the_Wonka

Willy_the_Wonka New Member

Albums:
    Hi, jonfreak. Good exercise work....modeling, UV mapping and texturing, and the radiosity on the white thingy. What programs did you use for modeling, and for rendering? I'm somewhat slow to learn full-on 3d modeling and render, even though I have been at it for years. I find Rhinoceros to be the "friendliest" modeling program. Maya's a bitch! :eek:

Here's a progress render of an art project I have been commissioned to do.... [​IMG]
    It's ultimately going to render at 300 dpi for a digital print measuring 30 inches across and about 50 inches high, and will be followed up with a night-time version as well. A lot of post-production will be done in Photoshop, which I use pretty much for everything in design.

The render you see is far from finished. Vehicles, crowds of people, flying machines, atmospheric effects, more architecture....:redface: All in Streamline Deco style, all depicting a past vision of the future, with a heavy nod to Fritz Lang's Metropolis. :smile:

5. transformer_99

Gold Member

Like this kind of pic too ? It's not one I did personally, but saw it on-line and use it as a desktop background.

Attached Files:

Draft saved Draft deleted