Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Who is noticeing more and more people around who fit into this description:

http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/warriorshtm/troller.htm

:huh:

*enguage Montey Python Moment*

This is just getting Silly! It started as a nice conversation between people about stiffies, and now we are just degenerating into rediculous claims and stories to bait people!

However, rather than just sit and moan, I propose the appointment of a few moderators to keep the forum in shape, the vast majority of members dont need to be kept in line, but the sheer volume of trolls, IMHO warrents some moderators to keep the peace.

Just my view ofcourse, and I know MrMark prefers this kind of self-regulating style, and I respect that, my view is that with the subject *tee-hee* in hand, it might be prudent to get a few moderators.

What do others think of such measures?

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
We are discussing the troll issues in a couple of threads on here as we speak,
not just this one.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
In incarnations past, moderation of the board hasn't been as successful as one would have hoped. Some moderators let the censorship power go to their heads as, without appropriate notice or consultation with Head Honcho Mark, they deleted and closed posts at their own choosing, which drew quite a bit of fire. Others were confused about their role on the site -- whether they serve more a censor/edit function than a help/assist one. And either way, there were more than enough trolls to keep people rather irritated anyway. Even worse, because those trolls weren't going away, moderators caught their disproportionate share of the blame and that didn't make them feel very welcome or appreciated either.

This is just my opinion, but I can agree with some of the grumbling people have done lately about the quality of posts and what not. More often than not, I end up ignoring half of what gets put on here; the rest of the time, should someone e-mail me about a tech problem, half the time I'm not in control of the mech stuff of the site, and the rest, I just divert 'em in the right direction.

::shrug::