My apologies for not being here

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Not long after being made a Mod my ADSL was switched off. (welcome to Spain and the monopoly called Telefonica) I thought it would be sorted quickly but 7 weeks down the line I'm now no further forward. I'm temporarily stuck with dial up which is the most frustrating thing ever. I had decided to stay away until this was sorted but it looks like it is going on forever so I will make do and get online as much as I can despite the dire service.

I live in a town in Tenerife that is mostly occupied by Brit expats. The rest of the Island is covered by ADSL at 6 or 10MB but this town only has 1MB despite being heavily populated. The number of ADSL lines is very limited and Telefonica refuse to upgrade us as there are so few Spanish here. How racist is that? It's time their monopoly in Spain was well and truly "fucked".

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
How frustrating!

It took us a year and a half of nagging to get DSL in this village - there were lots of Brits (and me :biggrin:) griping about it, but nothing happened til the local baker went round with a petition. Have you got a friendly local who can spearhead the nagging? It might just tip the scales.

I hope it gets sorted.

Oh and it's lovely to see you :smile: Did you and Paul have a good Christmas?

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I was recently wondering where u had got to. I was just about to start a "where the fuck is that bitch?" thread. :tongue:

I cant bare being without tinternet for one day so I feel your pain!

welcome back.

:smile:

And here I thought you and Paul were too busy enjoying your honeymoon!

Legal marriage or internet....hmmmmm.... Guess Spain can only have one. Try turning off the graphics. That should make everything load much faster. I'm frankly surprised you have highspeed internet at all in your area. Half of American households do not.

*tuts*

This is Europe, baby... If one of has something the rest of us have to have the exact same thing or Italy can sue!! :yikes: And we wouldn't want that! :no:

Yeah because the Italian legal system is SOOOOO efficient! :rolleyes:

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm off to the Guardia Civil tomorrow after work to make a Denuncia against Telefonica. It should be interesting so I will let you know how I get on.

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm off to the Guardia Civil tomorrow after work to make a Denuncia against Telefonica. It should be interesting so I will let you know how I get on.

Be sure to let us all have the address so that we can send care packages to your cell. :rolleyes:

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
There'll be more chance of getting adsl in the cell ;)

So you can pass the time surfing all the "Prisoner Cell Block H" fansites, at least. :cool:

*still has a sneaking suspicion that "getting adsl in the cell" may turn out to be prison slang for something completely different, though* :eek: :rolleyes:

Smartalk

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
How did you survive with out your life line Dave, I would go crazy without "tinternet" Have you tried two tin cans and a piece of string, here you get lightning speeds on that system lol

Welcome back hope your successful with your Denuncia

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
And here I thought you and Paul were too busy enjoying your honeymoon!

Legal marriage or internet....hmmmmm.... Guess Spain can only have one. Try turning off the graphics. That should make everything load much faster. I'm frankly surprised you have highspeed internet at all in your area. Half of American households do not.

I don't have hi speed internet, being in a rural area (the real Boondocks), and phone companies won't deal with wiring an area that would not be financially rewarding.

Welcome back Davey!

Knockernail

1st Like
Media
Not long after being made a Mod my ADSL was switched off. (welcome to Spain and the monopoly called Telefonica)

:rofl:

You know how many people calls it: Timofonica (swindle).

I'm sorry for you but it could be worse; try Orange and you'll see.

I live in a town in Tenerife that is mostly occupied by Brit expats. The rest of the Island is covered by ADSL at 6 or 10MB but this town only has 1MB despite being heavily populated. The number of ADSL lines is very limited and Telefonica refuse to upgrade us as there are so few Spanish here. How racist is that? It's time their monopoly in Spain was well and truly "fucked".

That's a very strange answer. I know that there are some areas in the peninsula without ADSL (some are few kms from my city) and obviously the company does the improvements in those areas where it can get more money. If they give you that answer you must run to the police and to a "oficina del consumidor".

Even without that answer, seven weeks without line it's crazy. Don't you have any other option as Orange, Vodafone, Jazztel or so?