My Art

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have mentioned on here before that I am a semi-professional photographer. I thought I would share some of my work with you, and feel free to give some of your feedback. I am always looking for ideas and models....so if you want to model...........
Go to this link to see my work...........doug

doug61853's Overview - RedBubble

They are wonderful! THanks so much for sharing your work with us!

Quite Irate

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
the borders are only there to highlight some of my art on the front page. that is all. do you think they should come down?
Borders, in my humble opinion, should be minimal at all times, unless you're aiming to create a demotivator (see: despair.com). I'm not against borders. I'm against LOL I'M A REALLY FLIPPING BIG BORDER borders.
It's one of the most common critiques/complaints in photography forums, actually. Really big borders are considered to be a mark of amateurism at those places. It's simple, like taking the picture itself - if something isn't adding to a picture, it's most likely taking away from it.

You have some nice shots, by the way. Good model selection as well. :biggrin1:

bottombuddy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
nice pic of a snow scene doug.......i like to paint in oils myself - well until a few years ago i did......i need to get creative again....antiques,interior design,oil and watercolour painting,sewing,upholstery,diy,arts and crafts.......shall i go on?

Media
nice pic of a snow scene doug.......i like to paint in oils myself - well until a few years ago i did......i need to get creative again....antiques,interior design,oil and watercolour painting,sewing,upholstery,diy,arts and crafts.......shall i go on?

I know how hard creativity can sometimes seem. sometimes I feel as if my work is crap, but I keep plugging away. It will come back, and then you will be doing what you love........again.

bottombuddy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I know how hard creativity can sometimes seem. sometimes I feel as if my work is crap, but I keep plugging away. It will come back, and then you will be doing what you love........again.

sometimes i feel i need some inspiration but i will someday.id attach a pic for you to see but dont want them in my gallery...the attachment bit here just allows you to add a url unfortunately

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You're better than a lot of pros, those I've worked with and not. I would kill the borders too, and lay off the photoshop filters. There's nothing worse than someone taking a mediocre photo, running it through a filter or 10, and calling it "art." If they are photos, let them stand as such. If you want to get into graphic art, there's a lot more you have to learn about using filters and effects judiciously. When the photoshop looks more obvious than the actual content, you're in trouble. I have a friend who is a graphic artist, and she's mastered photoshop as an art rather than photo tool and it's taken her years. You look at her work and she's totally taken it beyond photography. That's when filter effects work.

But, otherwise, they are solid photos and well done, with a good sense of color and composition. Some of the images could use a slightly different crop or angle, but that's the kind of thing that comes to you with time and practice. The image, for me, that goes into "pro" more than "semi" is the head shot of the girl in the blue and white striped shirt. It's a simple shot, but the lighting is very well done and captures highlights and details that improve the composition.

I'm sorry if I'm being too critique-y here, but I teach photo and it's hard for me to look at work and not comment like I would to my students.

You're better than a lot of pros, those I've worked with and not. I would kill the borders too, and lay off the photoshop filters. There's nothing worse than someone taking a mediocre photo, running it through a filter or 10, and calling it "art." If they are photos, let them stand as such. If you want to get into graphic art, there's a lot more you have to learn about using filters and effects judiciously. When the photoshop looks more obvious than the actual content, you're in trouble. I have a friend who is a graphic artist, and she's mastered photoshop as an art rather than photo tool and it's taken her years. You look at her work and she's totally taken it beyond photography. That's when filter effects work.

But, otherwise, they are solid photos and well done, with a good sense of color and composition. Some of the images could use a slightly different crop or angle, but that's the kind of thing that comes to you with time and practice. The image, for me, that goes into "pro" more than "semi" is the head shot of the girl in the blue and white striped shirt. It's a simple shot, but the lighting is very well done and captures highlights and details that improve the composition.

I'm sorry if I'm being too critique-y here, but I teach photo and it's hard for me to look at work and not comment like I would to my students.

Was going to ask what you thought of my pics.....thought it a bit tacky tho...or me just being a smartarse:rolleyes:

I have mentioned on here before that I am a semi-professional photographer. I thought I would share some of my work with you, and feel free to give some of your feedback. I am always looking for ideas and models....so if you want to model...........
Go to this link to see my work...........doug

doug61853's Overview - RedBubble

Sexy belly and Autum walk for me, why? One is sexy, one is colourful clear and crisp. Both works of beauty in nature.

Media

You are right about the filters. Working only with elements 4 I am limited. Do all my RAW conversion in Lightroom. I just wanted something of a slightly different affect, so everything wouldn't be the same. But you are right, shouldn't go overboard on in. Thanks for the input!
--doug