my beef with society...

bif5x5: Been lurking around this board for a while now.

Finally decided to add my 2 cents.

My beef is that society ...American society anyway... is hypocritical.

It's okay for women to show cleveage. To wear halter tops. To wear skin tight jeans that are very revealing.

Heck even the jeans that are not so skin tight are revealing. (I am str8, by the way).

But if you're a guy with a bulge. A guy with no comfortable place to put your package--you're a show-off. A pervert. Have loose morals, etc.

I went from whitey-tightys to boxers a few years ago. Doesn't matter what I wear, I have a bulge--esp. in jeans. And since that was the case I decided I may as well be comfortable.

Am I all alone on this observation?

BTW 5x5 are my limp measurements ;D

bigsoft: Don't worry about what other people think. They probably do not give a second thought to seeing a bulge in a guy's crotch. Men have a cocks and some men show more than others. This is understood and accepted. You are just being too self-conscious.

When I went from wearing briefs to boxers as a teenager, I was shy about the bulge down my left leg. It took a long time for me to feel comfortable wearing boxers. Now I am oblivious to the fact that I show a bulge. I got tired of fooling with baggy boxers and have been freeballing for several years now.

Just be comfortable and accept yourself as you are.

ericbear

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Your observation is correct, but I think the reason is not so much hypocrisy as insecurity among men in european cultures. Men like to be stimulated, and therefore like to see a woman’s features. So, it is acceptable for women to show cleavage and body contours in many situations. However, men do not like to be reminded that some other guy has a bigger dick. By making the prohibition on male exhibition be part of the rules for decent conduct and morality, they don’t have to admit to the insecurity factor.

You see this mirrored in art. In most European culture, both classical and renaissance, women are often depicted as amply proportioned, but the men, when visible, have modest or even tiny endowment. A while back, someone on this board asked why the statue of David has a rather small penis, instead of a great big schlong. The reason is simple- that way men could look at the statue, and feel superior, because most of them knew they were better hung than this marble idealization of the male form, and therefore feel good and secure about themselves. By contrast, art from other cultures, such as Africa, often shows exaggerated male endowment.

joe: history and religion dident allow the great statues to have normal size penises. Since my family is Roman ALL my cousens, uncles , brothers and dad are all Hung to the point , it can be quite embaressing if my family were carved in stone. Large balls , fat and many vains.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Don't forget: it's not necessarily the most appropriate for women to gawk at what men are packing anyway. Remember, these same women were once, and arguable are still, seen as crude, shallow, lecherous, harlot, slut... you name it...

But I'm with the guys posting here. I didn't ask to be well hung. I am, and I like it, and I really don't give much a damn if someone's offended simply because they can't keep their own eyes off my johnson. Perhaps it's our responsibility to do all else but slap our erect or flaccid packages in people's faces; that's all.

ORCABOMBER: Biff.. well, that's an intresting ppoint there, for me, can't give a shit, heck, "everyone" hates my hair because it's an "afro", as a point, it's more like Guile from streetfighter's but a lot shorter and messier, and I'm Black so what's the prob?

But back on point, crotch showing isn't a prob for me at least, but then I'm still exploring my sexuality. ;)

micro: Actually, the statue of David has been repeatedly vandilized since it was created. He is very lean and muscular, and there is a sort of repose that says, "I can attack you, but I choose not to". He doesn't seem to need a big cock to impress, the muscle and body language is enough.

longtimelurker: [quote author=ericbear link=board=relationships;num=1036798819;start=0#2 date=11/08/02 at 20:56:04] In most European culture, both classical and renaissance, women are often depicted as amply proportioned, but the men, when visible, have modest or even tiny endowment. [/quote]

Hadn't seen this one before...
Hasn't always been this way - The Cerne Abbas Giant, found in Dorset, UK is a pagan fertility god, and his endowment is FAR from modest! I think it would have to be over 14" long if made proportional.

For image: http://www.imagesofdorset.org.uk/Dorset/103/10.jpg

wvalady1968: [quote author=AnonyMs link=board=relationships;num=1036798819;start=0#8 date=09/16/03 at 14:53:04]
Thank goodness there is a place like the LPSG Ladies' Auxiliary for all us crude, shallow, lecherous, slutty harlots to call home!
[/quote]

Amen, Nony!!! :D

Whatever you have, flaunt it!! ::)

gigantikok: I think one reason for the hypocrisy is that men are mostly visually stimulated. Women are not so much visually stimulated, and I think there are a great deal of women that don't want to be looking at enormous bulges at risk of feeling uncomfortable (as well as the men who don't want to be looking at your bulge, unless they are homosexual, but that is another story).

Plus, trying to compare cleveage to a penis bulge is like trying to compare apples to oranges. They really aren't the same thing.

meathose10: I have the same beef. That's why I agressively break the taboo. My jeans cling and cup my genitals.I never wear underwear. I love the feel of my heavy hang. My big sloppy flopper and outsized low-hangers are quite evident down my left thigh. It all rolls and bounces as I walk. Somehow I learned growing up that 'showing it' was wrong. A panel of priests had me stand in front of them in Catholic junior high shool. Thay made me walk around. "We can see it" they said ,and sent me home to change trousers. Imagine! I had this sort of complex , though experience kept telling my my size benifitted me , won me friends. ...And truthfully , being pretty much of an exhibitionist now has NOT been met with condemnation. Quite the opposite.
I think ericbear hit the nail on the head. "Men do not like to be reminded that some other guy has a bigger dick.By making the prohibition on male exhibition be part of the rules for decent conduct and morality , they don't have to admit to insecurity." Bingo! It's a conspiracy by underendowed males - the very ones who yearn for large meat and would flaunt it night and day were it slung between their own legs. A big penis is magnetic. (I get followed. People initiate conversations but aren't looking at my face....cracks me up.)C'mon , men - if you're hunghuge show it off!Get comfortable. It's our RESPONSIBILITY as Dee says...

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
[quote author=meathose10 link=board=relationships;num=1036798819;start=0#11 date=09/16/03 at 23:55:45]It's our RESPONSIBILITY as Dee says...[/quote]

Hey now, don't take me out of context.

You're right, on one hand -- if my dick shows regardless of what I wear, there's little I can do about that. I have to wear those pants whether you like it or not.

On the other hand, I wouldn't deliberately flaunt my stuff, especially to make a Joe Schmoe in the dick department feel bad about himself. Just like I'm sure some massively built dude (hopefully) wouldn't go around flexing his guns to make me feel bad for being a leaner guy.

Of course, if he were that much of a meathead... I could boot him in the back of the head, end of story. :)

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
[quote author=AnonyMs link=board=relationships;num=1036798819;start=0#8 date=09/16/03 at 14:53:04]
Thank goodness there is a place like the LPSG Ladies' Auxiliary for all us crude, shallow, lecherous, slutty harlots to call home!
[/quote]
::licks lips:: Nony, you're my favorite harlot. ;)

This brings up another of society's hypocrisies: We look down on the world's oldest profession. But we elevate the world's second-oldest profession, which is beating women who practice the world's oldest profession. Exhibit A: A can of Pimp Juice. I don't have an exhibit B, but do I need one?

Longhornjok: Huh? Is someone elevating beating women? ???

meathose10: Meathose/Meathead?.....I was deliberately taking your 'responsibility' comment out of context , Dee. Joking. Just trying to add an absurd twist to the topic.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
[quote author=Longhornjok link=board=relationships;num=1036798819;start=0#14 date=09/17/03 at 17:26:08]Huh? Is someone elevating beating women?  ???[/quote]
I was referring to pimping.

gigantikok: [quote author=jonb link=board=relationships;num=1036798819;start=0#16 date=09/18/03 at 20:08:40]
I was referring to pimping.[/quote]
I don't really think that many people elevate pimping.  I mean certain types do, but a majority do look down on pimping as much as whoring around.

I never understood why prostitution is illegal.  Sex is legal, capitalism and being a consumer is legal, so why can the two together be legal?  It's a pretty victimless crime... well, expect the whores that get murdered.  Eh, maybe my morals are just loose or something.

H8Monga: Hey...  

Pimpin' ain't easy...

*walks off dressed in the most outrageous 1970's pimp outfit complete with cane and hat AND my theme music*

God bless the wah wah peddle...

I know I'm off topic... but I had to...