My best friend is a straight guy

11ish

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
im christian and straight, but some of my friends are gay. not my place to judge them one bit. some of them are my favorite people. if a gay person compliments me, i take it as a compliment.

glad that your straight friend accepts you and that you and his relationship doesnt matter from orientation

Last edited:

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
im christian and straight, but some of my friends are gay. not my place to judge them one bit. some of them are my favorite people. if a gay person compliments me, i take it as a compliment.

glad that your straight friend accepts you and that you and his relationship doesnt matter from orientation

Taking a compliment from a gay man as a compliment may or may not be a reasonable thing to do; it depends on circumstances. If a gay man compliments another man simply as a prelude to treating him like a piece of meat, perhaps it should not be taken as a compliment.

11ish

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Taking a compliment from a gay man as a compliment may or may not be a reasonable thing to do; it depends on circumstances. If a gay man compliments another man simply as a prelude to treating him like a piece of meat, perhaps it should not be taken as a compliment.

im refering to a compliment vs a pickup. if its the latter, i inform them im not interested, but thanks for the offer

hungboy18

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I find stuff like this so... cute... I don't even know, it just fills me with happiness, hahaha
ADORABLE

I feel the same way, I'd love to have that someday! If you're good, you can expect good things to happen to you, a friendship like that can be much more complete, sometimes it's weird when you have to behave a certain way just so the other person doesn't think you're being too distant or too available, and what that means... gosh, I just want to be able to say "I love you, you're my friend, I love being with you, I enjoy your personality, I don't care what you or I said or what that meant, I just want the best for you", without freaking the guy out, or without him think I'm trying to hit on him or something, when two friends start behaving like that it opens a door to a thousand possibilities.

hungboy18

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I think straight guys need gay best friends, it's gonna be a future trend, because nowadays, the 21st century male is, let's face it, metrosexual and sensible, at least to a certain extent, and more open minded too.

I agree with Exwhyzee, I really like being friends with straight guys, at the end of the day I'm a man, and I sorta like being a man, and I have more girl friends than guy friends, and I enjoy being their friend, but I also feel the need to talk with a straight guy, not cave man or a close minded dude, just a regular guy. One of my best friends once said "women are bitches, we hate each other", in a way gay guys can be the same or things can get complicated easily, I'm not criticizing, I actually would love to have more gay friends, but I'd like to have a great relationship with a straight guy!

Capitolhillguy

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Practically all of my gay friends died during the Plague. Now almost all of my pals are straight. It is so cool to have straight guys who find it to be no issue that one is gay. I don't know if this happens often in other parts of the country, but you can find this attitude everywhere in Seattle and it is so healing.

SR_Jherkin_McGherkin

Experimental Member
Media
haha i don't have that type of lovey-dovey friendship with anyone, male/female/straight/gay.

texting "good night" to a friend is the polite way of saying "ok, stfu, i have to get up early" lol

and yeah, never hugged a guy that i wasn't related to by blood.

kudos on such an open friendship, tho

jeff926

Sexy Member
Media
I have a gay friend. When he first said he is gay and loves me, I got so shocked that I didn't know what I had to reply and just gave him a shrug and grin. Honestly, I don't care whether he is gay or not. It's ok he loves a guy, however, it made me confused that it's me that he loves. Anyway, we still have a good friendship. Now, I think it's good to have someone who loves me, no matter who it is.

Pierced1953

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
It's always good to hear that people can be friends, express their feelings even though their sexual pref is different.

I have two gay friends and we all love each other. Our parties include everyone, we can talk about anything, joke and hug each other. The one even gives me a massage[naked] when I want one. He even bought me a piercing and I let him put it on for me, but no sex has been involved, though he jokes about giving me a blow job.

hung9mike

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
My best friend is a straight guy as well. I've written about him here before. We're very close, as a matter of fact, we really see each other as brothers, rather than friends. He's also one of the very few people I can look at square in the eyes and tell him that I love him. (Which, of course, I do, but it's still hard for me to say! :tongue:) And yes, he'll say it back to me. I don't know how many things that he knows about me that I've never told anyone else, and likewise for him. He and I are living proof that a straight guy and a gay guy can be very close friends.

D_22

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Pretty much all my best friends are straight males. I have a lot of close friends, some I don't see as often or there's a long gap but we stay in contact when we can and try to reconnect. I have a good number of close female friends but definitely more guy friends and I'm out to them all. A few in particular we see each other as brothers and they're very open and accepting and we can talk about anything, even my sex life with other dudes. There's one guy friend who I'm close with who isn't that comfortable with all that, so I try to let it be. It's also not uncommon for my straight friends and I to be affectionate and say we love each other.

Heh, one of my friends even pushes me to date more guys than girls as he feels we have enough straight friends in the group and we need more diversity.

Last edited:

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
I know it's considerably worse in the U.S. unfortunately, yes. In that respect I'm quite lucky, don't think I've ever had to deal with real homophobia in person. Some ignorance from a friend of mine more-so out of stupidity than homophobia and certainly online, but when I came out all my friends and family were all totally fine with it without exception. Couldn't have gone done better.

Even my ex-girlfriend remains to be my best friend. Not closer with anyone in the world than I am with her.

They are no less homophobic in the UK than they are in the US - not in general terms (lived there). The difference is, is that UKers do not use religion to down gays and lesbians to the same extent; in other words, homophobia is not as nearly reinforced by contemporary religion (most folks in the UK are not at all religious). That does not necessarily make homophobia less intense, but rather "better" justifies it (homophobia is engrained in all Western cultures rooted in Christianity). And honestly, America is getting more and more secular by the day; and I see the day when religious people will be a true minority (look how many states are voting for gay marriage now).

The young generation here, like in England, is much, much more accepting of homosexuality than their parents. And if you live near a big city like New York or San Francisco, people are more open-minded in general, like they would be in and around London.

I often hear also how tolerant Australia is of gays and lesbians. The reality is, is that I lived there, too, and I can tell you they are no more tolerant of gays than we are in the US.

(PS: Some of the most homophobic people I ever met were anything but religious.)

Last edited:

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have a gay friend. When he first said he is gay and loves me, I got so shocked that I didn't know what I had to reply and just gave him a shrug and grin. Honestly, I don't care whether he is gay or not. It's ok he loves a guy, however, it made me confused that it's me that he loves. Anyway, we still have a good friendship. Now, I think it's good to have someone who loves me, no matter who it is.

It is that attitude that he must love. I think a straight man that is comfortable and supportive of his buddy. You are the best a man can be.

I am often surprised how some straight men really confide in me...like they are starved for a person that they can be emotional and truthful with in this world. One of my straight buddies and I spent the day together after a long absence form in person contact. At the end of the day he gave me a kiss. It was really sweet...I was so surprised. It was totally platonic too. :)

FleshlightKing

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
And I love him so much.

I love that I can tell him I love him, and he tells me. That hardly a night goes by without us texting each other goodnight.

I love that he tells me everything about his relationships and sex life, and is always asking about mine. That I'm going to be his future kids' uncle.

I love that when I told him I am gay (after knowing him a few months) he said "This is going to be so cool," and gave me a hug. That we are completely comfortable around each other despite our differences.

Share your love for the straight guys in your lives!

The same with me and my best friend! I love him to death :D