My best friend wants to see my penis in person, please advise

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm in a really really weird situation right now. The whole issue is a potentially TL;DR story so I'll just put it like this:

My best friend of over 7 years recently asked to see my penis to compare it to his. This was completely out of the blue, I've never known him to have any insecurities or anything but (as he says) he does and wanted to see mine. I humored him at first (which may have been my mistake) and sent him a pic I had taken. I rather stupidly didn't include anything for him to reference my size so he said it wasn't good enough and now wants to see it in person.

First you need to understand he is my best and most trusted buddy. The problem is that I think it may be a come on. I'm pretty certain he's straight, which is why I'm asking your opinions here, but the problem is what if he isn't completely straight and this is a come on. I would have no problems being his friend even if he wasn't straight but I don't know how to deal with this situation. Like I said he's my best friend, we have so much in common and he's the only guy I have ever been able to confide in over some really personal matters.

If this really is just a big insecurity for him and I could somehow put his mind to rest with it then I'd have no problem at all showing it to him. And if that were the case but I just said no I think our friendship could be irreparably damaged because we have always been there for each other for whatever we needed.

On the other hand if this was a come on, and upon showing it to him he tried to take it further I would give him a resounding no and I don't think I could be friends with him for trying to pull such an underhanded move. At the same time if I don't show it to him I have no idea how it would affect our friendship e.g would he lose interest in me if he thought we'd never get together?

So how I see it, whether I show it to him or not I risk permanently damaging or destroying a friendship I hold dear. Any advice would be deeply appreciated, or any other way to try and get out of this situation without causing damage. I must say I'm really uncomfortable with the idea of showing him my junk in person.

I've read through all the posts to this thread and as usual find all the responses interesting. I look at it from a little different POV though. For most guys showing off our dicks is not something many of us are comfortable with. Myriad reasons why. But at the same time when you have a best friend, the whole point of the relationship is to be able to share things that we wouldn't normally share with a stranger. So in a way your friend felt trusting enough toward you to ask an intimate question about your body. I mean, who else would he ask? At the same time because of the emotional closeness, as you said, you might be concerned that he's sexually interested in you. Glad to hear that things are working out for you two.

frogprince1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I have to agree with hunginchicago. We all have dicks, why does it have to be sexual. It's only a body part. Show him and move on.

coolbrotha86

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Glad it worked out!
On a side note, I love how people post a problem here, get advice, resolve it, and then for weeks after people continue to post advice. :tongue: I'm sure that in two years, somebody will resurrect this thread with a post reading "Don't do it, man! He should know better than to make you uncomfortable!"
Yeah, I know that some people don't want to take the time to read all of the replies, but still kinda funny.

:rolleyes:

D_Harry_Crax

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
From this thread, I think I'm getting a hint about why the average American had three close friends 20 years ago and now has two. I would do just about anything in response to a sincere request from a close friend, except: commit a crime, act in a clearly unethical manner that hurt a third party, or do something really disgusting with him/her. Showing cock (and many other physical or sexual things) doesn't fit into any of those categories....

dandelion

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The reason we still keep posting is because although the original poster may be long gone others are still interested in the issue.

Once upon a time I was shy about being naked but that is long gone. At school i got used to being naked changing, but I guess if that was happening now, no one would have to ask to see. Later on I got less shy about other situations, such as being nude on the beach, which all in all was a more sexually provocative situation than a changing room.

Coercion qualifies as rape in almost all instances, and harassment in others.
Come on. That means I was raped by the staff at school who insisted i and all the others got naked. Maybe this is exactly the thinking behind why children increasingly do not see each other naked, but its daft. Likewise, every marine was raped by his superiors when ordered to be naked and use communal showers, etc? Every sportsman? Every doctor? All these are situations where someone unwilling may be coerced into getting naked and showing all. Im afraid I see being comfortable naked in front of others as a social achievement, not a harm done. Or, put it the other way about, being afraid to be naked is a handicap.

dandelion

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Thats always the trouble, isnt it? In real society sexual orientation is always 'no response' rather than posting the actual numbers! So when someone shows interest, what does it mean?

robfunguy1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I think your friend could possibly be having some issues with his sexuality , being a real close friend, I think he is hoping that you would understand his situation, maybe he is hoping that you feel the same way he is feeling.Maybe his trying to come out, if thats the case , and you don!t feel the same way, I think you should not show him because you would be leading him on , but maybe not get angry but talk to him seriously "why" the interest, maybe its his way of wanting to talk to somebody about it, be a good listener, you probably the only person he can talk to about it. Most importantly, stay friends , they are hard to replace, the world is made up of so many people with different problems ,Just let him down gently , Give him a hug, tell him what ever he wants to talk about, stays between you guys.