My boss thinks anal sex gives you AIDS

ssongs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
So my boss at work (I don't work there anymore because I got laid-off a couple weeks ago) and I used to talk about a bunch of different inappropriate subjects. We'd share stories from when we were in the service, the different hookers we fucked, the first time we had sex, hot chicks that we'd see on the street, whatever. One time we were talking about sex and relationships and some how the subject got on anal sex. He said, "Boy, that is just the fastest way to catch AIDS! I always stay away from that."

I said, "What? Just because you have anal sex with someone doesn't mean you'll get AIDS."

He replied, "Well, ever since the gays started it all in the 80s you have to be careful."

This totally perplexed me. My boss, who is around 63 years old, is an excellent accountant, has two college degrees, and has years of wisdom under his belt, thinks that you can get AIDS from anal sex EVEN IF THE OTHER PERSON DOESN'T HAVE AIDS! Like it just magically appears! He grew up in Kansas and is REALLY conservative. I didn't even try to explain it to him. I knew that no matter what I said he would still think the same way. Or am I the one that is wrong? Are all those years in high school health class for nothing? (That's sarcasm by the way.)

Anyone else know someone like this?

MisterMark

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You're not wrong. He is. And it sounds like he's woefully uninformed about HIV.

You said that no matter what you say, he'll continue to think the same way, so he's not just uninformed and ignorant, he's also closed-minded.

Sounds like a great guy! :thumbsdown2:

Gl3nn

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
How ridiculous.

It's sad that so many people are uninformed.

It's like they still see it like 30 years ago.

These days more african heterosexual women have aids than white gay men.
But it's too bad that some people are so uninformed.

TurkeyWithaSunburn

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
HIV has been around since the early 1900's. Specimens taken from people dying of mysterious causes has been going on for quite a while. The earliest verified medical specimen that has been found to be infected with HIV is from 1959. So HIV has been around and verified since at least that long!
ABC News: Study Finds AIDS Virus Is a Century Old

Your boss is an idiot. Your boss might want to look up the Germ Theory of Disease.