my boss was fired:(

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_Marius567, Sep 14, 2011.

1. B_Marius567

B_Marius567 New Member

thay fired my boss that has work there for 31 years and his boss was fired too:mad:

is this the start of something bad?
    i will save more money and eat in more to save money.

2. Not_Punny

Gold Member

Albums:
    Good luck. Hopefully, it was just them, and not you. :-*

3. Drifterwood

Gold Member

I am afraid it might be. I am not an economist, but I noticed something in the figures the other day and I'll generalise about the figures if you don't mind. Many western economies suffered a drop in GDP of around 6% around 07, 08, 09. In the one I was looking at, unemployment only rose by 2% up to now.

I think a lot of companies have kept people on even though they have had a downturn. They have been waiting for an upturn, but for many this doesn't look like happening anytime soon and so I think you will see more redundancies coming through from now.

4. Horrible

Horrible New Member

Albums:
    There are sometimes too many bosses, that were put in place during more prosperous times, and maybe your employerer was just trimming some fat. Good luck to you!

5. dad4you

dad4you Member

business can get along without so many bosses, but workers are what brings in the money day after day and do all the grunt work.

6. erratic

Gold Member

I'm sorry to hear about that, man. Getting let go after 31 years has got to be horrible for him, and scary for you. Scary for all your coworkers, most likely.

Personally, I think you're wise to save money. I'm not saying you're next to get fired - like the others have said, this may just be a move to get rid of middle management. I don't know. But what I do know is that there are very few people in the world any more who can count on working at one job until they retire - and even fewer who can count on any kind of pension afterward.

If you're worried, sit down and draw up a budget. Talk to a financial consultant. Don't spend money that you don't have (meaning don't purchase on credit). These are things that most of us should probably be doing right now anyway, whether or not there are layoffs where we work.

All my best, and do try to take care of yourself emotionally right now.

7. MrToolhung

Gold Member

That is awful! I often wonder if the axe is going to fall on me at work because I have been there longer then most. My time off is double of what the new people are getting. More then likely you are fine as the company is looking for ways to cut costs. However, it could have been something more then that though as both of them got fired.

8. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    They need you if you are just a worker. And they probably pay you very little compared to a boss. Try to relax.

9. monstro

monstro New Member

I don't know, but good luck to you.

Draft saved Draft deleted