My Car...

Sklar

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've had my car since July 31, 2002. It has served me faithfully and has been a wonder asset in my life.

Today, I had to let my car go. It was at 216,091 miles and, for the past few months, nickle and diming me to death. Today I found out that the wheel bearings on both the front tires had to be replaced and that was going to set me back 785 plus tax.

So I said enough.

With my mothers help, I got a 2007 Saturn Ion with only 31091. It's a great car and I really like.

But I do still miss my previous one, too.

Sklar

Steve26

1st LPSG Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Congrats on making the most of the old car. It sounds like you are bailing out at the right time ... the monthly payment on your Ion will surely be a lot less than $785.

I have a 2002 Passat with 168,000 miles on it. The car still looks and drives like new (I pamper it) and has been super-reliable ... aside from new CV joints, belly pan, and standard wear-n-tear stuff like brakes/tires/battery, it's all original.

No matter how much you love a high-mileage car, the question of how much more you're willing to put into it is always a dicey one. At this point I'd say that if my car needed a $1,000+ repair, it'd be the end of our time together.

Steve