My complaint about lpsg

Mattness

Expert Member
Media
Kirkland, WA (Outside of Seattle, Washington)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The full truth of my conclusion I shall develop in the course of this response, but the conclusion's general outline is that he knows that performing an occasional act of charity will make some people forgive -- or at least overlook -- all of his drugged-out excesses. My take on the matter is that BigA often uses the phrase, "Studies show that...", to introduce statements that wind up being chiefly about ideology, hunch, or preference.

The mere mention of that fact guarantees that this letter will never get published in any mass-circulation periodical that BigA has any control over. But that's inconsequential, because all BigA really wants is to hang onto the perks he's getting from the system. That's all he really cares about. BigA is like a pigeon. Pigeons are too self-absorbed to care about anyone else. They poo on people they don't like; they poo on people they don't even know. The only real difference between BigA and a pigeon is that BigA intends to crush the remaining vestiges of democracy throughout the world.

That's why I oppose BigA's fulminations because they are debauched. I oppose them because they are self-righteous. And I oppose them because they will violate BigA's pledge not to toss sops to the egos of the benighted in the blink of an eye. Let me end this posting by pointing out that the battle to enhance people's curiosity, critical acumen, and aesthetic sensitivity is now joined on many fronts. We will not waver; we will not tire; we will not falter; and, we will not fail.

i8all12inches

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Oh and by the way...the letter allows you to change how many paragraphs you want from 1-2-3-5-10 etc...

and before everyone writes they should take a look at the web site....and surely you jest....and don;t call me Shirley...

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Oh and by the way...the letter allows you to change how many paragraphs you want from 1-2-3-5-10 etc...

Still defaults to 3 paragraphs, I see.

Of course the user can change that, but they generally don't. Even without a setting, the standard 3 paragraphs could be truncated (it's not that anyone would notice), or lengthened by doing two generations and cut-'n-pasting together, etc. A lot of work for not much.

There's another one which generates an abstract for academic papers in the social sciences. That one's funnier.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Still defaults to 3 paragraphs, I see.

Of course the user can change that, but they generally don't. Even without a setting, the standard 3 paragraphs could be truncated (it's not that anyone would notice), or lengthened by doing two generations and cut-'n-pasting together, etc. A lot of work for not much.

There's another one which generates an abstract for academic papers in the social sciences. That one's funnier.

I prefer ones that spew out obscure non-sequiturs, more laughs and less confusion.

D_Humper E Bogart

Experimental Member
Media
It's unlikely that this letter will win me many friends or even garner much attention...
Got mine. you are right about the liberal bias that this website has. I believe that the main cause is by proxy, the fact we allow women and homosexuals as well as people in all sorts of sexual relationships to take part makes this board "liberal". Personally, I kind of enjoy it this way. As for political arguments, I suppose that in some sense, that is also a bane for people with more conservative points of view like Pecker, or more "neutral (i.e. fuck everyone) attitudes like myself.

The cic issues come to mind as well as Zora's one-woman campaign to "fuck Bush over as much as he has fucked over everyone else". As well as the CO2 issue, there are cases where 'evidence' is thrown out and then backed and forth thrown at people.

I'd argue the main issue is PRIMARY SOURCES. The stuff that is posted online is not what a scientist wrote after spending 15 years cutting the tips off thick black penises in AIDSLand or from a Photosynthetic professor who loves CO2, they are re-translated, cut down and overly summerised. The real sources, that is the NOTES THAT MATTER are kept on subscritption websites and are under some tight scrutiny under masters of the field, while I could show my essay on "Bird Flu, it is coming to kill you" and we could spend the next month arguing sematics on defining 'kill'.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
A joke nobody gets is, by definition, a failure. A joke one person claims to get isn't much better. Is a "well done" really appropriate?

Well, you're not exactly a barrel of laughs, are you, big d?
It didn't become a joke until Post #7. (Do I have to help you with that?)
Just one person got it?
Well, fortiesfun got it, HardGuard, Alex8, HickBoy, Mattness, and a couple others. Doesn't mean they're rolling in the aisles with laughter.
But you certainly won't be.
Because you're Big D.