My complaint about lpsg

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
The author if this thread has some points to make. I for one am glad. The truth had to come out. There is an editorial board here that reviews and sets policy of issues of the day. I for one am willing to come out. I am chairman of this editorial board and one poster has discovered another editorialist here at LPSG Magazine, Madame Zora. Zora has been a great leader in formulating the LPSG Magazine's editorial philosophies.

People have a choice which magazine that wish to read.

Folks keep getting the LPSG magazine. The editorial board has not yet endorsed a presidential candidate from the Democratic Party. Of course we are far too liberal to even consider endorsing a Republican.

I think we show that we are willing to consider other ideas. We allow some letters to the editor that we don't agree with such as the one this thread author has made.

Who knows our little mazagine might womeday be more read that Newsweek or Time.

O yes, just in case some might not figure it out, this is a spoof on this thread.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
The author if this thread has some points to make. I for one am glad. The truth had to come out. There is an editorial board here that reviews and sets policy of issues of the day. I for one am willing to come out. I am chairman of this editorial board and one poster has discovered another editorialist here at LPSG Magazine, Madame Zora. Zora has been a great leader in formulating the LPSG Magazine's editorial philosophies.

Folks keep getting the LPSG magazine. The editorial board has not yet endorsed a presidential candidate from the Democratic Party. Of course we are far too liberal to even consider endorsing a Republican.

I think we show that we are willing to consider other ideas. We allow some letters to the editor that we don't agree with such as the one this thread author has made.

O yes, just in case some might not figure it out, this is a spoof on this thread.

The rest of the heretofore secret board has voted, Freddie. You must die.

fortiesfun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Just one person got it?
Well, fortiesfun got it, HardGuard, Alex8, HickBoy, Mattness, and a couple others. Doesn't mean they're rolling in the aisles with laughter.

Well, you got something right. Congratulations.

I actually did get a pretty good laugh out of it. :rolleyes: At first at myself, now at the number of people who obviously still don't get it and continue to post seriously.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
I actually did get a pretty good laugh out of it. :rolleyes: At first at myself, now at the number of people who obviously still don't get it and continue to post seriously.

Yes, astonishing, isn't it?
I think we should revive the bopperbasting thread. Fertile earth here for it this afternoon.
Care for a bump?
I know you do, ff. But I didn't mean that.:cool:

Media
oh dear, looks like somebody was at harvard...
Hell, no, dude! I dun go to da Sam Houston Institute of Tecknowlodgy. I just be practizing my big wordz! Kewl! Peace, out!
It made sense to me - I must be more fucked out than I thought.
An understatement, LP. Why should today be different than any other? I feel a Billy Joel moment coming on: "I love you just the way you are."
I wish I was a smart enough to understand all dem big words.....then maybe I'da know what youza talkin' bout......I'm horny...see ya!
Some do it with big words, Q, and then there is you: an artist of phallic magnificence and an equally magnificent phallus. I'm in awe. Stick to what you do best. I'd trade big words any day for what you got, Pal!
Well, fortiesfun got it, HardGuard, Alex8, HickBoy, Mattness, and a couple others.
Come on, Rubi, and cut me some slack. It was early. At least I had enough brain power to write something mostly coherent without having to use Scott Pakin's automatic complaint-letter generator. Be nice and I will let you do whatever you want with Doc when he hits 5000 posts.:biggrin1:
I think we should revive the bopperbasting thread.
Maybe not a good idea. Too much bopperbasting has addled my poor brain.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Oh gawd, how I've missed you!

No one will ever top that post you made about all of us in Guantanamo, classic stuff forever. No one ever has to worry about you "getting it".

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Come on, Rubi, and cut me some slack. It was early. At least I had enough brain power to write something mostly coherent without having to use Scott Pakin's automatic complaint-letter generator. Be nice and I will let you do whatever you want with Doc when he hits 5000 posts.:biggrin1:

Ah'll cut you mo' than slack, Samster.
Hmmm. Do what I want with Doc at 5000 posts?
My death by blunt object trauma, only 364 posts away.
Could he be, oh, intermittently 'etherised upon a table,' as T.S. used to say ... so we can stretch this out over the next 23 years.
Coz, if he can be, you're on, Sam.
Check with Doc, though.

Media
Ah'll cut you mo' than slack, Samster.
Hmmm. Do what I want with Doc at 5000 posts?
My death by blunt object trauma, only 364 posts away.
Could he be, oh, intermittently 'etherised upon a table,' as T.S. used to say ... so we can stretch this out over the next 23 years.
Coz, if he can be, you're on, Sam.
Check with Doc, though.
Sorry not to notice that you are also approaching that 5000 milestone there too, Rubester. Hmmmmm? Maybe you both could just come . . . to 5000 at the same time. The two of you could be the 5000 version of the 8000 post whoral achievement that Jeff Black and Alex8 edged us all with. As far as your proposal for Doc—'etherised or euthenized? Preferably the latter. If we stretch this out over 23 years, that would make Doc . . . older than old.

Oh, please be cuttin' me mo' than slack, Mistah Rubestah! I've been very bad. Spank me? Hard? :biggrin1: Your lovin' Samster.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Yes, oh, yes, I did, Rubester! And you are well known for driving a hard bargain! You've a good head for business.:biggrin1: And I am the very fortunate recipient of your expertise in driving your point home.

Next day, you saw the video, right?
Coz night befo', you'd soared to Oblivion.
Dat's between Ecstasy and Perdition.
Where the Hershey Highway meets High Spot Summit.
You knew your way ... and you sure got lost, fella.
Like always.
I like you.
We both do.:cool:

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Awww, boo-hoo. The big bad liberals are out to get me!

The complaint about liberal media bias is one that's been aired at least since the 1970's, and possibly before that, though I'm not so old that I can remember back that far.

I see two significant reasons for the bias that you perceive here (neither of them, incidentally, have to do with the number of gay people here. I know too many apathetic homosexuals to buy into that reasoning):
  1. American-breed flag-wavin' gun-totin' Republicanism is a uniquely American phenomenon. Conservatism in the rest of the world takes on a substantially different flavor. As a board with an international membership, it's not at all surprising that Republicans form a smaller percentage of the membership. Fact is, Democrats also form a smaller percentage of the membership here. The non-scientific political polls posted to this board over the past several years consistently reveal that libertarians are the group that is most disproportionately highly represented at LPSG compared to the American population.
  2. American conservatives have tried multiple times -- CDA, COPPA, CIPA, COPA, 2257 -- to restrict "adult" sites like LPSG. It's not surprising that a group of people who favor our extinction wouldn't turn out in significant numbers here.
We have never turned away a member based on her or his political ideology, and as long as I have a say in the matter, we never will. If you want a stronger conservative voice at LPSG, publicize the site at Redstate or whatever site you wish, and invite them to add their voices to the debate here. I will, of course, challenge them as I have challenged you, and I will continue to cite sources for the claims that I make when challenging conservatives. I'm not willing, though, to lower my own voice here in order to assuage your discomfort.

Except that I'll offer to stop posting to LPSG, BigA, if you get me a prime-time show on FOX. ;)

Media
Next day, you saw the video, right?
Coz night befo', you'd soared to Oblivion.
Dat's between Ecstasy and Perdition.
Where the Hershey Highway meets High Spot Summit.
You knew your way ... and you sure got lost, fella.
Like always.
I like you.
We both do.:cool:
You sure do live up to your hype, Rubester! The video has almost as many requests as reads on my high class fiction! (I mean, what Hypolimnas calls my diary.) Well, now it's out. Everyone should know: Rubi is Jack Hoff, and I am Dan the Man originally names Sam I Am! Check for DVD sales in the near future, everyone, and see the home-made movie version of Summer Stories starring Rubi and me. Here's looking at you, kid, both of us like you, too. Now, can we get back to some more ecstasy and perdition?

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's unlikely that this letter will win me many friends or even garner much attention. However, writing it is the only way I know to provide a positive, confident, and assertive vision of humanity's future and our role in it. The points I plan to make in this letter will sound tediously familiar to everyone who wants to expose lpsg's op-ed pieces for what they really are. Nevertheless, it says that hidebound energumens are more deserving of honor than our nation's war heroes. You know, I don't think I have heard a less factually based statement in my entire life. I am one of lpsg's victims. Or, to express that sentiment without all of the emotionally charged lingo, lpsg insists that diseases can be defeated not through standard medical research but through the creation of a new language, one that does not stigmatize certain groups and behaviors. Sorry, lpsg, but, with apologies to Gershwin, "it ain't necessarily so." Many people have witnessed lpsg disparage and ridicule our traditional heroes and role models. Lpsg generally insists that its witnesses are mistaken and blames its illiberal writings on the worst kinds of unprofessional cheapskates I've ever seen. It's like it has no-fault insurance against personal responsibility. What's more, lpsg is the embodiment of everything petty in our lives. Every grievance, every envy, every mad ideology finds expression in lpsg. If lpsg makes fun of me or insults me, I hear it, and it hurts. But I take solace in the fact that I am still able to arraign lpsg at the tribunal of public opinion.

Lpsg has been trying to convince us that university professors must conform their theses and conclusions to its virulent prejudices if they want to publish papers and advance their careers. This pathetic attempt to break down age-old institutions and customs deserves no comment other than to say that lpsg has stated that it can make all of our problems go away merely by sprinkling some sort of magic pink pixie dust over everything that it considers deluded or repugnant. One clear inference from that statement -- an inference that is never really disavowed -- is that everyone and everything discriminates against it -- including the writing on the bathroom stalls. Now that's just capricious. Let's face it: If lpsg can't stand the heat, it should get out of the kitchen. Trapped by the cognitive dissonance engendered by hard evidence and common sense, lpsg feels obligated to guarantee the destruction of anything that looks like a vital community in a deplorable attempt to justify its paroxysms. Someone needs to advance a clear, credible, and effective vision for dealing with our present dilemma and its most presumptuous manifestations. Who's going to do it? Lpsg? I think not. I hope I haven't bored you by writing an entire letter about lpsg. Still, this letter was the best way to explain to you that lpsg takes irreligionism to bed with it at night and snuggles up to it as if it were a big, fuzzy teddy bear.

I love big, fuzzy teddy bears!:smile: