My conclusion: Only women eat yogurt

H8Monga: I just noticed that all the yogurt commercials I've seen only have women eating it. I had no idea we had gender specific food now! Well... I guess Hungry Man will do... and I like yogurt!

prepstudinsc: Yogurt is good for you, especially if you have been on antibiotics. It keeps the good bacteria in your intestines alive so the digestive process can be effective.

AnonyMs: Eating yogurt with live acidophilus helps to prevent yeast infections in women.

I am convinced only men eat pork rinds. And who really eats pretzels? ?

prepstudinsc: I think you're right about the pork rinds....

I do like pretzels, especially the soft, hot ones you get at the mall or from a vendor on the street in NYC. Or at the store, I like the honey mustard flavored ones....pretty good for junk food. At least they're fat free.

da_blissmachine: r u kidding? pretzels are yummy! stop making me hungry with all this talk abt food

jackinman: [quote author=prepstudinsc link=board=99;num=1067917989;start=0#4 date=11/03/03 at 20:25:19]I think you're right about the pork rinds....

I do like pretzels, especially the soft, hot ones you get at the mall or from a vendor on the street in NYC. [/quote]

Hey Prep....you know about those City pretzels huh???
Yeah they are very good.

aussiechick63: I like pretzels. I'm not sure if they are the same as what you call pretzels. In Oz they are small hard crunchy salty sticks. They taste pretty good.

da_blissmachine: that sounds like what we call pretzel sticks

H8Monga: Mmmmmm pretzels...

*drools*

The big soft ones with cheddar cheese or mustard....

*drools*

At school we had better ones with butter and cinnamon/sugar...

*double drool*

You can buy the big soft ones in the frozen food section.

I have hated pork rinds... tasted burned to me.

gigantikok: oh yea man, those big, soft, greasy pretzels at the mall. *drool* ESPECIALLY when they are covered in cinnamon and sugar. OH YEA BABY!

I eat yogurt too!

...good to know I am keeping my bacteria healthy... That sounds kinda gross! :D

prepstudinsc: [quote author=jackinman link=board=99;num=1067917989;start=0#7 date=11/03/03 at 20:43:49]

Hey Prep....you know about those City  pretzels huh???  
Yeah they are very good.  
[/quote]

I thought it was a law that any tourist had to stop and buy at least one pretzel from a vendor at a cart while in NYC. ;D

prepstudinsc: [quote author=aussiechick63 link=board=99;num=1067917989;start=0#8 date=11/03/03 at 20:52:03]I like pretzels. I'm not sure if they are the same as what you call pretzels. In Oz they are small hard crunchy salty sticks. They taste pretty good.[/quote]

In the States we have two kinds of pretzels, Aussiechick.
We have the hard salty stick kind, (or salty twists or nuggets, even) and the large, soft, chewy kind that one gets from a street vendor or from a pretzel shop in the mall. (Am I missing any other places?) The hard kind are good to snack on while watching TV late at night, the other kind are good to eat while lazily strolling around the mall with the myriad of other people mindlessly shopping for nothing on a Saturday afternoon.

da_blissmachine: the large soft pretzels are also often sold at amusement parks and fairs

they look way too salty and greasy for my taste; and i doubt they are egg-free

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
I've enjoyed yogurt for years. One of my grandsons, only 2 years old, is crazy about it (if it has fruit in it :D).

A few years ago Dannon took advantage of the fact that some Russian mountain people routinely live to be over 100 by claiming it's because they eat yogurt.

Food for thought. And long life.

Pecker

(I'm going to live forever, or die in the attempt.)

longtimelurker: If you're lucky enough to have your own rasberry canes then fresh rasperries in natural yoghurt with a bit of sugar is just heavenly. The taste of summer.

prepstudinsc: To me, plain yougurt is just like a mild form of sour cream. It's fine in some things, but not something I would want to eat straight. I like my yogurt doctored up. I do like it on some Mediterranean/Middle Eastern food as a condiment, much as sour cream is used in Tex/Mex or Americanized Mexican food. If I'm eating yogurt as a food in itself, I want it loaded down with fruit to cut the tanginess.