My ex FB called me tonight

ConstantComment

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have to admit he puts a smile on my face but things went dead since last July.

Under the conditions that you still liked but are concerned about this hiatus, what questions would you ask him when you call him back?

mephistopheles

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I don't quite understand.

You are taking a break, or are you broken up?

Anyway, you should talk to him like a friend.

Just a friend.

You should ask him about his day, his friends, etc...

But don't call too often or ask too many questions.
He'll think you're trying to control him or something.

Personally though; I just broke up with me girlfriend of four years, and like all of my ex's I will never talk to her again.
I can't handle being around an EX, especially if they have a new boyfriend. I dont feel inadequate or anything, I just dont want to be around people who have seen my significant other naked. Kinda weird I guess.

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I would just talk to him and treat him like a friend. I wouldn't go any further than that. At this point you may not know what he wants, so I would play it cool.

AlphaMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
No contact for a year seems rather odd. He probably just wants sex again and since it's been so long who knows how many people he's been with between now and then.

I also agree with submissivegirl, I'd play it very cool with this guy and wouldn't rush right back into sex with him.

ConstantComment

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Depends why did you break up?

He just stopped calling. He does live 4 hours away and is in my town regularly for work. I put it down to the possibility that he found a gf closer to home and "didn't want to two time us."

So honestly, I don't know why he stopped calling.

thetramp

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
PMSL:wink:

To the OP, seriously if he hasn't called in that long I would keep him at arms length. NO SOUP FOR HIM!

NEEEEEEXT

:lmao: got to say not calling for a while is not always out of bad intention or does mean that one doesn't care. But a year is a pretty long time, and looking that he just stopped it without having the guts to tell you why lets me say think twice whether you wanna get involved with him again and even whether you think he'd make a valuable friend.

Jacksmedulla

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
He just stopped calling. He does live 4 hours away and is in my town regularly for work. I put it down to the possibility that he found a gf closer to home and "didn't want to two time us."

So honestly, I don't know why he stopped calling.

[FONT=&quot]If he didn't even bother giving you an explanation I wouldn't even bother calling him back but thats just me.[/FONT]

green carnation

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
call me sentimental but to me a fb is just that, a fuck buddy, with far more emphasis on the fuck than the buddy. Therefore i dont expect any explanations or anything else of a commitment. It is an arrangement for sex at a mutually convenient time.
Now, if it was a Fwb one could expect a bit more communication

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I think there may be lots of reasons why he didn't call. Sometimes life (and girlfriends) gets in the way.

I recently had a very positive experience reconnecting with a fuck buddy. We stopped being in regular contact sometime after I became exclusive with my ex in 2001. Still saw each other occasionally for a while but we found it difficult. After a while we lost contact entirely.

I tried to reinstate contact when my ex and I broke up in 2005 but I was still recovering from depression and wasn't very good at maintaining contact or being a friend in general so it sort of died again.

I recontacted him again this year and we've got on like a house on fire. We've fallen back into our old patterns and have a great relationship again. I'm extremely glad I had the balls to contact him again. I was really worried that he wouldn't want to speak to me or we wouldn't get along anymore, but it all worked out fine.

So basically I would say - talk to the guy! He may have a great reason for not contacting you. He might not, but we all make mistakes. Talk to him and see if you still work well together. Good luck!

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
No call for a year? NEEEEEXT! Seriously. If I were the OP, I'd think I merited at least a message of some sort, a year ago-

"Sorry ConstantComment, I know this is sudden, but I got a new job/new girl/moved to Zimbabwe/won't be in your area much anymore, and I just don't think it's going to work for me right now. Be well!"

I mean really!