My faux pas with a young surfer boy

majormadness

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Guy Love, i'm rooting for you.
I've had similar situations happen to me, though few have contained any uncertainty about my subjects' preference, just their level of interest in me. Guys and girls. I'm sure you did fine, and especially the end part seems like he was digging you as well. Just remember, he may have been shaking over witnessing your beauty. It's possible that he felt at least a little the same way about you.
If you're lucky, you'll see him again. If you do, don't make the mistake that I always make and doubt yourself. It's better to try and get shot down than to never know if you had a shot!

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Guy Love, i'm rooting for you...

If you're lucky, you'll see him again. If you do, don't make the mistake that I always make and doubt yourself. It's better to try and get shot down than to never know if you had a shot!
Um, you totally missed his point. Guy_Love is 100% straight, and has NO interest in the surfer dude in THAT way. He was just telling us that he was looking at someone pretty, and that seemed to make the surfer nervous. :rolleyes:

B_Guy Love

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thanks for the positive feedback. It was a breath of fresh air.

I admired his beauty, and describe his beauty, in the same way I admire and describe the beauty of a sunset. In other words, the thought of a sexual encounter with this young man never occurred to me. I don't have sexual encounters with men. ("Not that there's anything wrong with it.") And, that aside, he was more than a decade my junior.

I was just baffled by the whole situation. If he was comfortable enough with his body to have his ass hanging out, then why tremble when others notice it? If he was coming on to me, what on earth would possess a beautiful young man like this to come on to me? Believe me, he could do much, much better. A young being in the prime of his life should find someone else like himself to come on to. Not a nearly middle-aged guy. The whole thing was just baffling for me. Adorable, but baffling.

Guy Love, i'm rooting for you.
I've had similar situations happen to me, though few have contained any uncertainty about my subjects' preference, just their level of interest in me. Guys and girls. I'm sure you did fine, and especially the end part seems like he was digging you as well. Just remember, he may have been shaking over witnessing your beauty. It's possible that he felt at least a little the same way about you.

And who deemed you the arbitrator of what straight men do and don't stare at?
It seems we all know better,.. and no matter how many times I try to treat people as equals, they won't heed.

And after witnessing the abuse of a questing soul, I'll need adjust my profile. You see, I was staring at a cute little girl the other day... eyes full of wonder, and a heart full of sadness... I think I should admit being 1% Pedophile,.. I did admire her beauty, after all...

I'm not so good with double standards.

Falcon9

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Guy Love, I think we still really don't know why he was shaking do we? You have read quite a bit into this I think, but it is understandable, we're human after all, we are social, and we wonder how to perceive others and how others perceive us. This feeling of having some kind of guilt over possibly causing him to be nervous doesn't add up I'm afraid, although I do believe you felt it. This is where you complicate things I think... this questionable assumption you have done something to cause a reaction in someone else and then allow yourself an emotional reaction on this assumption (the woe-is-me guilt over your self-described yet presumed faux-pas). Life does not have to be this complicated really. You mention not being able to share this kind of story anywhere else. It is good you have found an outlet to share parts of yourself. This should be a safe place for this, but as you can see, many will challenge you on a few or nearly every detail of your post(s). Again, life does not have to be as complicated. A good friend could make a difference to you, someone you could build trust with and share these kinds of feelings or observations with, someone who will accept you just as you are. And please don't make a new friendship complicated for yourself if they happen to be gay or straight or bisexual, a good friend is not going to judge you by the things you feel attracted to either. It can be very simple (and very enjoyable) if you allow it to be.

B_Guy Love

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Um. I'm not really that upset about this situation. I just thought it was an unusual/interesting story that some might like. This forum is full of stories about ackward encounters like this. (There are entire threads on this forum devoted to awkward urinal encounters, pissing with daddy, etc.) And I still haven't committed to any specific explanation for his trembling. I mentioned there was the possibility he saw me looking at his ass and that made him uncomfortable, but I don't know.

Guy Love, I think we still really don't know why he was shaking do we? You have read quite a bit into this I think, but it is understandable, we're human after all, we are social, and we wonder how to perceive others and how others perceive us. This feeling of having some kind of guilt over possibly causing him to be nervous doesn't add up I'm afraid, although I do believe you felt it. This is where you complicate things I think... this questionable assumption you have done something to cause a reaction in someone else and then allow yourself an emotional reaction on this assumption (the woe-is-me guilt over your self-described yet presumed faux-pas). Life does not have to be this complicated really. You mention not being able to share this kind of story anywhere else. It is good you have found an outlet to share parts of yourself. This should be a safe place for this, but as you can see, many will challenge you on a few or nearly every detail of your post(s). Again, life does not have to be as complicated. A good friend could make a difference to you, someone you could build trust with and share these kinds of feelings or observations with, someone who will accept you just as you are. And please don't make a new friendship complicated for yourself if they happen to be gay or straight or bisexual, a good friend is not going to judge you by the things you feel attracted to either. It can be very simple (and very enjoyable) if you allow it to be.

Falcon9

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
...the shaking? He might have been on a high level of chemicals too... it happens with the surf crowd sometimes.

B_Guy Love

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
See. This is why you start threads like this ... because you might learn something. I know nothing of the surfer culture.

That aside, the question remains: how can people feel comfortable with half of their asses hanging out?

...the shaking? He might have been on a high level of chemicals too... it happens with the surf crowd sometimes.

Falcon9

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Um. I'm not really that upset about this situation. I just thought it was an unusual/interesting story that some might like. This forum is full of stories about ackward encounters like this. (There are entire threads on this forum devoted to awkward urinal encounters, pissing with daddy, etc.) And I still haven't committed to any specific explanation for his trembling. I mentioned there was the possibility he saw me looking at his ass and that made him uncomfortable, but I don't know.

Guy Love... are you SURE you weren't that upset? This sounds like upset to me... or at the very least, some rather unnecessary feelings of self-loathing, which my earlier post has also attempted to address:

This is the part where I felt like a total creep, that I had committed a "faux pas." It occurred to me that maybe this young man realized that I had glanced at his ass and was admiring his beauty (all the while attempting to conceal my admiration), and that this had made him uncomfortable. This just crushed me. The last thing in the world I would want would be for something so beautiful to be ashamed of his beauty. I felt like a total pervert for having looked. .

If you weren't that upset, you could have worded this differently, and we all might not have been so, uh, concerned... got it? good!

B_Guy Love

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Past tense. "Felt." I felt like a total creep for about thirty seconds. That sense of feeling like a creep eventually gave way to feeling a bit puzzled and having an odd story to tell. Not a major issue.

reallyhot

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Regarding the trembling, maybe the kid was just in heat...LOL
I've seen a number of guys who shook so much they talked funny,
their bodies shook, and they were almost spastic in some movements,
they just were super horny, hormones and age I'd guess.
At that age hormones are roaring...

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You know, I may be mistaken but I think Ganymede/Guy Love has placed me and Sam and Novice (and many others) on his ignore list. Of course it does make for humerous reading as more and more find the queerities of his post.

And how about his moniker--GUY LOVE--that says it all, clearly he loves guys and that was how he chose that name although he may have done so subconciously. Too bad I am on his ignore list and he will never read my psychiatric evaluation of him. (unless a generous kind hearted poster quotes me in their post:smile: --I will reward them generously)

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
And his old name Ganymede--it screams (in a queenly way)--GAY!

Ganymede Ganymede is the young, beautiful boy that became one of Zeus' lovers. One source of the myth says that Zeus fell in love with Ganymede when he spotted him herding his flock on Mount Ida. Zeus then came down in the form of an eagle or sent an eagle to carry Ganymede to Mount Olympus where Ganymede became cupbearer to the gods.