My favourite Pub is closing down.....

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Media
1 week left at The Reg. It had, cheap, good food. From the Skream Burger, that made my heart cry, to the bacon covered chicken that pretty much did the same. The only place where you could shoot rhinos, two feet away from shooting pool. The drinks were cheap, the tables where graffitied and sticky, and the toilets where decorated with comics instead of wall paper. The only pub that played alternative,metal, and rap music instead of top 40 nonsense.

Its making money, but the company have decided to make it over into a trendy indie bar with a dress code and a cost just to get in. Its a sad day here in pompy. On the plus side i got some "souvenirs" last night. Where will i drink now after my radio show? The union is shit.

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Media
Try the Elephant & Castle, two blocks over.
Or maybe the Cock & Balls, on Linsday Street, just off High and Rupert.

Radio show? Tell us more.
I have a show on student radio. I was nominated for best male presenter, but didnt win. I wasnt aware i was nominated or at the event itself. I forgot it was on. I might have to start going to the One Eyed dog or Little Johnny Russels.....

Ain't it, though?
Maybe i was abit harsh on it, but it is not amazing.
I can still taste the BBQ sauce there......:frown1:

i should probably clean my teeth....

Booo. :(

The Slug n' Lettuce in Didsbury is cool...but it's like...7 hrs away. :p

Daisy

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
LOL...I have no idea what you just said :) I will say though, be grateful you ever had pubs in the first place. We have a few British pubs here that SUCK and the one good one is overcrowded and overpriced.

Pauligan

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Warm beer, darts, what's not to love about a British pub?

Very sorry to hear your place has gone trendy, there's probably another place in the area, ready to grab the spotlight, one with sawdust on the floor, a pool table, and upholstered seating at old oak tables, and sturdy stools at the bar. Best of luck then, and, as the Funeral parlor adminitstrator said to the grieving family, try not to cry on the bier.

Mickactual

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
1 week left at The Reg.
I feel Your pain.
My favourite pub was a joint on 8th Ave, in Manhattan called McHale's. I was heartbroken when they closed a few years ago, and I've yet to find a comparable burger anywhere since.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well, my favorite store in the world is gone and my favorite restaurant and bar, but you'll find someplace else eventually and you always have the wonderful memories.
It sucks more when your favorite friends and family members are gone forever!

Viking_UK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I know how you feel. My two favourite pubs, because they were popular and busy, were turned into gastro pubs. It completely killed the atmosphere in both places and drinkers aren't really welcome until the diners have left. Before 10:00pm, the only seating for drinkers is in the garden because the tables inside are all reserved. The live music has disappeared and so have the darts and Aunt Sally teams. There are still some good pubs in the area, but they're a taxi ride away as opposed to a stagger.