My First HOUSE!

rikter8: Im excited!

I bought my first house, and am moving the end of the month.
No more renting.
No more spiders that bark or chase me through the duplex.
No more neighbors with the stereo cranked at 11:00PM on tuesdays.
I can FINALLY work on my cars and engines without the neighborhood complaining. (big block with open headers - who knew)
I can have my garden and grow my own veggies.
I can work on my furniture projects and not have neighbors complain about the sawdust.
I can stoke up a HOT fire in the wintertime and invite snuggle bunnies over for a hot cocoa by the fire.
Ahhhhh.......
I am Happy.

This week shopping for lighting, ceiling fans and paint.
Then pricing 3 new Anderson windows for a beautiful view of the countryside.
Next year, putting an extention on the deck.

Anyone have similar excitement as I?

7x6andchg: I did....still do, actually...bought my first house about 1 1/2 years ago and I love it - yeah, it's 60 miles from work, and yeah, it's 100 years old, but its sturdy, it's on a corner lot, and it's MINE.

Although you'll find you still have the spiders.... :D

Congrats.

7x6&C

gigantikok: Totally off subject, kinda...

But i just bought my first car! (I was given my first car as a hand-me-down, but this is the first car I bought on my own!!)

It's pretty bitchin'... 1985 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce. It's my lil two seat, Italian, Roaster baby. It's a beaut. Anyone who wants to see can go here:

http://www.alfaclassifieds.com/detail.php?siteid=1855
(it's almost exactly the same, except it is 86 instead of 85, and it is black instead of red)

7x6andchg: Nice car, G.!

It's funny, the pride of ownership isn't it?

Even though the bank still owns 96% of my house.

7x6&C

awellhungboi: [quote author=gigantikok link=board=99;num=1060648232;start=0#2 date=08/11/03 at 20:28:53]Totally off subject, kinda...

It's pretty bitchin'... 1985 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce.  It's my lil two seat, Italian, Roaster baby.  It's a beaut.  
[/quote]

I know next to nothing about automobiles, except that is a great freakin' car! Congratulations, gig!

And congrats too on your houses, dudes. Let me know if you need a slacker roommate. You know, somebody to lounge around on the couch all day, eat your food, manage to be in the bathroom whenever you really need to go. I'll be glad to oblige.

H8Monga: Congratulations everyone! I think all I own are my underwear and this computer! At least I know I own the computer... ::)

*sigh*

One day... so... when's the house-warming party?

jackinman: Congratulations guys. Enjoy your homes and car.
Hey G that's a really nice car buddy.
I used to own a car, but the "friendly" repo man had other plans for me.

rikter8: The house warming party is coming....not sure when at this point.
When I move in, the first thing im doing is installing the recessed lighting. Followed by ceiling fans, and tearing out the old shrubs

I need to rip out the carpet and linoleum.
Putting in Hardwood Oak floors that will flood from kitchen to dining room, and the carpeting will be a light creme all through the rest of the house. Foyer is going to be a marble tile - thinking green or some pastel color to give the house character.
Adding 3 windows. One in the bathroom, one next to the fireplace, and one in the dining room.

Once I do all that, Im going to tear off the existing deck, and build a large one. (Something like a 15X22). Once the deck is on, Im going to have to have 2 parties. One for my co-workers/social gathering and another for Family and Friends. Have to keep them separate...I dont want mom telling my boss what a little squirter I was as a baby.
;D

rivertowncowboy: Congratulations man - I bought my first house 3 years ago - still in it - and loving it. This year I painted it and am doing a major landscaping project on my own in the front yard. So welcome to world of refinance, money from no-where, and fat tax refund checks!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

gigantikok: [quote author=jackinman link=board=99;num=1060648232;start=0#6 date=08/11/03 at 23:34:35]Congratulations guys.  Enjoy your homes and car.
Hey G that's a really nice car buddy.
I used to own a car, but the "friendly" repo man had other plans for me.   [/quote]

Thanks jackinman, although I'm sad to hear they took away your car. That always sucks. What kind was it?

7x6andchg: You guys are far too into home improvement for me ;D - I haven't even finished buying all the furniture I need yet - too little money, not enough time.... :(

7x6&C

jackinman: [quote author=gigantikok link=board=99;num=1060648232;start=0#9 date=08/12/03 at 14:42:18]

Thanks jackinman, although I'm sad to hear they took away your car. That always sucks. What kind was it?[/quote]

Your welcome buddy, but that was a long time ago. My car was a 1989 Oldsmobile Calis or something like that. What happen was I lost the job I had at that time and didn't have any money to keep up with the payments.

prepstudinsc: Rikter-
Congratulations on your purchase. I bought my house about 2 years ago. It's been a lot of fun and a lot of work. Luckily the house had been redone a couple years before I bought it, so all I needed to do was change some paint colors inside. The best part was that
the hardwood floors had all be refinished, so it really looks great. I'm still buying furniture as I find pieces I like and that I can afford...unfortunately, my taste is for high end stuff so I can't always buy things when I want them, but I wait a few months and get a new piece.

7x6-
I'm in a similar situation to you...I'm also about 60 miles from work (through the country), but it takes me as long to get there as it did when I fought traffic on the interstate to go 25 miles. I bought the house because I liked the neighborhood (older homes, quiet streets, university neighborhood) and the fact that my street had established trees. I didn't want a new home where every house looks the same and all the trees look like toothpicks.

Gigantikok-
Congratulations on your new car. Alfas are very cool. I always wanted one when I was in high school, but my mother thought I'd be in a wreck and get killed, so I never had a fun car like that. Enjoy it and be careful.

rikter8: [quote author=rivertowncowboy link=board=99;num=1060648232;start=0#8 date=08/12/03 at 13:41:32]Congratulations man - I bought my first house 3 years ago - still in it - and loving it.  This year I painted it and am doing a major landscaping project on my own in the front yard.  So welcome to world of refinance, money from no-where, and fat tax refund checks!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:[/quote]

yessir! i cannot wait. - for the tax refund hehehe

Im going to do the landscaping as soon as I can. The shrubs are all overgrown and need to be yanked out.
Ive got the GMC for that, and Ive got the nitro Blasting caps for the tree stumps. - oh my neighbors are gonna LOVE me....
Its all for home improvement though.
Next thing I gotta find is a man to help me do the work :)

C

7x6andchg: Prepstud-

I live in a college town too...65 miles from work takes me 70 minutes. I know people who live in the Twin Cities metro area who are driving that long to go 25 miles...makes me think I'm not as dumb as I look on the face of it, eh?

Although tell that to my car, which has 73000 miles on it in 2 years, and for which I need an oil change once a month.

7x6&C

rikter8: 73,000?  Thats nuttin...
My 90 Pontiac Bonneville has got 265,000 miles - just getting broken in. Another 100,000 to go before I have to put parts in.

Im near large towns. its nice here, but my house is sittin on the outskirts, just enough so I can watch the deer in the morning, but close enough to peek at the cute lawn boys :)

C

7x6andchg: Ah but rikter:

Your 1990 car has 265000.
My 2001 car has 73000...

I think my average mileage per year has ya beat... ;D

7x6&C

RedheadedSpdFrk: [quote author=7by6etC link=board=99;num=1060648232;start=0#16 date=08/13/03 at 17:59:28]Ah but rikter:

Your 1990 car has 265000.
My 2001 car has 73000...

I think my average mileage per year has ya beat... ;D

7x6&C[/quote]

Your average mileage definitely has me beat...my 01 Mustang only has 10,470 on it and my 93 Mustang has just over 94,000.

gigantikok: I got really lucky with my Alfa. Only one owner the past 18 years, and it was an old woman who only drove it 50K miles. She only drove it during the summers to the supermarket, pretty much!

awellhungboi: [quote author=gigantikok link=board=99;num=1060648232;start=0#18 date=08/14/03 at 01:29:32]I got really lucky with my Alfa.  Only one owner the past 18 years, and it was an old woman who only drove it 50K miles.  She only drove it during the summers to the supermarket, pretty much!  [/quote]

Was she the little old lady from Pasadena? :)