My First HOUSE!

7x6andchg: [Minnesota Up-Nort' accent a la "Fargo"]
She's the terror of Colorado Boulevard, don'tcha know.

Go Granny Go Granny Go Granny Go!

[/MUNAALF]

Sorry - couldn't resist. Love the Beach Boys.

7x6&C

awellhungboi: Just what the world needs, Paul, a good Minnesota Surf band. "Ah, for Pete's sake, Norm. I got me a car and I call it a woody, doncha know."

7x6andchg: We're goin' ta Surf City cuz it's twotaone...ya, we're goin' ta surf city gonna have some fun.

It's like two girls fer evry boy there, yah.

I don't actually talk like that...I've only lived here 6 years. :D

Paul

rikter8: LOL 7by6etC

You should have been in the sing along at the Woodward Dream Cruise..I think every other song was either "Little old Lady from Pasedena" or "409" or "Little GTO"

Sing it Honey! ;D

7x6andchg: Don't get me started....wa wa wahh wahh wahh wahh waaaaa....

Anyway - boy this got way off topic didn't it? ;D

wvalady1968: Rikter,

You're house and your plans for it sound wonderful! Will you marry me?

:D

Seriously, congratulations!! I'm SO jealous!

7x6andchg: You'd probably have to become a Wolverine then.

But I lived in Detroit for 3 years...it's a much nicer place than its reputation would suggest, WValady. :D

Just kidding folks - glad to see this is back on topic. Maybe we can have the LPSG home improvement forum? LOL.

7x6&C

awellhungboi: Home improvement tip #1 for Paul:

Get an air conditioner!

Hope things cool down for you up there. :)

throb919: [quote author=7by6etC link=board=99;num=1060648232;start=20#26 date=08/18/03 at 18:21:27] Maybe we can have the LPSG home improvement forum?[/quote]
Paul--Or maybe we can jump on the pop culture bandwagon of the summer and stage the LPSG version of "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" and get five of us entirely tasteful and soigné gay guys to come decorate your new home. Wha'd'you say DMW (maybe hermanito Diego too), Rikter8, Txqis, Dag...? (I don't mean to leave anybody out in my queer roll-call: RoysToy, Bartonside, Bklynbigballs...)

You trust us don't you, Paul...? It'll be faaaaaaabulous!

Congratulations, you big ol' homeowner. (And you can't spell "homeowner" without homo, y'know!)

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Congratulations, Paul, on acquiring your very own Money Pit.

I've had this 5 bedroom tri-level through 4 kids and a defunct marriage and at long last my last kidlet, the 28-year-old son is about to marry and move out. I'll enjoy rambling through this big old place all alone (that last re-finance at 5.5% lowered its payments to less than rent.)

But this big old place is very intelligent. Every time I save up a little cash, the house suddenly pops up with another repair that eats it up. That delicious little Mazda Miata that I'd had my eye on turned into cream-colored vinyl siding in 1999. Then there was the jacuzzi I was planning to put on the patio - that became a new roof.

I don't dare to save for a heart transplant.

Pecker

(Get Off the Table Mable, the Two Dollars Is for the Beer)

awellhungboi: [quote author=throb919 link=board=99;num=1060648232;start=20#28 date=08/19/03 at 09:20:37]
Paul--Or maybe we can jump on the pop culture bandwagon of the summer and stage the LPSG version of "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" and get five of us entirely tasteful and soigné gay guys to come decorate your new home.
You trust us don't you, Paul...? It'll be faaaaaaabulous!
[/quote]

Well, Throb, I live in the 919, and I'm the stereotypical tasteless straight guy--so add my pad to your spruce up list!

(And, off-topic, but since you bring him up, I haven't heard from Txqis in ages! Where are you, pal?)

prepstudinsc: After you get done doing those houses, come on down to SC and do mine, too. I've been looking for some pieces for my dining room and am thinking of doing some more painting in here, too.

7x6andchg: It certainly has to be more FAAAABBBULOUS than a lot of what I see going on in Trading Spaces or While You Were Out...some of what they DO to those places.

It's an old 100 year old house in an old town in Western Wisconsin. It has settled as far as it's going to settle and I got it for less than $70K. So I can't complain...too loudly.

Actually throb it's more of a "homeo"...perhaps the E is silent? :D

Paul
7x6&C

rikter8: [quote author=wvalady1968 link=board=99;num=1060648232;start=20#25 date=08/18/03 at 18:18:26]Rikter,

You're house and your plans for it sound wonderful! Will you marry me?

:D

Seriously, congratulations!! I'm SO jealous!

[/quote]

Thanks Sweetie - Yes, I am excited as well.
I close on the 26th of Aug. Already got the recessed lighting fixtures bought, and Anderson windows picked out for the dining and living room. Cannot wait to get in there and start knockin down walls, and pulling old shrubs to let the light in :)
The guy was an elderly gentleman that did not do any landscaping work - the shrubs grew past the eve's!
(Spooky Fact: I put an accepted bid on the house on a wednesday - that sunday the gentleman passed away).

Queer eye for the Straight guy eh guys? Yea...I'll be the butch hairdresser - the other guy just gives me the Eeeby BeGeebies.
I would enjoy creating a show to depict gay guys as GUYS....I know theyre tryin to make a statement..but I just think its a bit strong.
Yes..im Gay, YES, I build and race my own cars, YES I do construction, YES - I am a VERY passionate Kisser :-*
Someday.....(hopefully soon, and when I loose the weight) I hope to land a sweetheart.
Mabee the house will help.

7x6andchg: Rikter-

Owning one's own house does tend to show stability...which is a plus in a relationship of any type, IMHO.

As for QEFTSG - I'd like to think that not every American thinks that gay men are all like that...but...there are 300 million Americans...chances are you're right. Plus most of us straight guys are afraid to even find anything OUT about gay men - me, I enjoy learning, so I ask questions, and I find out. Mind wide open, I say.

Reminds me of the time I learned bears weren't just animals in the forest - but that's another story, another thread...

throb919:
...and I'm the stereotypical tasteless straight guy...
Monstro--you are only ever one of those things: straight. Right around the corner in C-boro, huh? Raleighwood here. You'd think my (promised) cockring and manual of style might've arrived by now, huh...? Then we'll talk about your window treatments!

... the other guy just gives me the Eeeby BeGeebies.
I would enjoy creating a show to depict gay guys as GUYS...I know they're tryin' to make a statement...
Rikter--Doesn't he?! They are trying to make a statement? I'm missing it, too. (That is a bit spooky about the former owner, may he rest in peace.)

As for QEFTSG - I'd like to think that not every American thinks that gay men are all like that...but...there are 300 million Americans...chances are you're right. Plus most of us straight guys are afraid to even find anything OUT about gay men - me, I enjoy learning, so I ask questions, and I find out. Mind wide open, I say.
Paul--you're doin' a lot more for "us" than the show is! And your honesty is always as refreshing as your openness. Sincerity trumps PC lip-service any day. (And of course the "e" is silent--at least the way Rue McClanahan and I pronounce it!)

Enjoy your houses, guys. The LPSG "Designer Guys" will get to you all as soon as we can. (Y'all know that Toronto-based TV show? Much better gay interior designers. Apparently, there are a lot of homosexuals in that profession. Who knew...?!)

Back to my swatches!
Tony