My first time ever on a plane!!

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_Jurgen Klitgaard, Jun 29, 2008.

1. D_Jurgen Klitgaard

D_Jurgen Klitgaard Account Disabled

In two weeks I'll be flying to Denver for a little vacay with friends! I was going to drive, but I didn't feel comfortable driving some 13 hours by myself, and this just saves so much on gas. Besides, I am horrible with directions. :redface:

I'm a little nervous, but very excited at the same time!! I just wish I had someone to join the Mile High Club with! :tongue:

2. lucky8

Gold Member

Goodluck, I hope it doesn't crash

3. B_JasonDawgxxx

B_JasonDawgxxx New Member

OMG.Flying is so nothing.Your gonna love it.So much faster than driving there.Hope you have a safe trip.

4. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

Don't worry, airplanes are the safest form of transportation.

5. D_Jurgen Klitgaard

I used to be deathly afraid of flying, but that feeling has really gone away as I've gotten older. It's only going to be a little over two hours in flight time, I'll have my iPod with me. But I was wondering, how do laptops work on airplanes? I'd imagine I wouldn't be able to even get online, but I will have it with me for the trip. Hell, I could bring some DVDs I guess to watch on it.

6. lucky8

Gold Member

Laptops are fine as long as the wireless connection is turned off

7. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

Hey. Have a nice time and a safe flight.:smile:

8. D_Jurgen Klitgaard

Thanks!

I wonder if I can get some little wings and a tour of the cockpit? :biggrin1: Lets hope I don't get strip searched!:tongue:

9. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

You are brave.. I wont fly. Have fun!

10. 1BiGG1

Gold Member

If you have been anxious about flying in the past make your first flight as easy as possible by not loading up on high fat/high sugar foods and instead eat something simple like bread or crackers before you go. I am suggesting something like crackers or bread until you see how you feel flying under different circumstances and I also highly suggest not going on an empty stomach.

Sometimes flights can get stuck on the tarmac for a long time before taking off and the air doesn’t work worth a crap while on the ground which may make you nauseous and some flights run into severe turbulence while in the air which can make even a very seasoned flyer like me nauseous. I have been on flights where you would be bouncing off the ceiling if you weren’t contained by your seatbelt and they are not pleasant.

Not trying to scare you as most flights go off without a hitch but on that note, I have seen very sick people on smooth flights because they are A) drunk/drugged or B) their nerves get the best of them.

11. simcha

Gold Member

I love to fly. You'll like it. It's quick, safe, and mostly easy even with the newest security protocols. And if you get a nice flight crew, you'll like it even better.

12. D_Bob_Crotchitch

D_Bob_Crotchitch New Member

I love flying. I wear earplugs to help with the pressure in the ears. Often times, I'll take a nap on the flight.

Have a great time. Enjoy yourself.

13. mista geechee

Gold Member

Albums:
    Maybe in terms of statistics. But in a car wreck you actually have a chance of living.

14. D_Davy_Downspout

D_Davy_Downspout Account Disabled

Which is good, because you have a decent likelyhood of getting into a car wreck at least once in your life, while you are highly unlikely to ever have an incident in an airplane.

15. D_Jurgen Klitgaard

I forgot one BIG part of my trip, I am going to see the Foo Fighters at Red Rocks with my friends! :wiggle:

16. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

In an airplane you do have a chance of surviving. Some horrific landing accidents have resulted in many saved lives. How many people do you know that have died in a car accident vs. plane accident? Has anyone in your neighborhood died in a plane accident? Probably not, but it is likely someone has died in a car accident in your neighborhood.

Even that terrible crash in DC at the river resulted in saved lives.

Speed per speed you are more likely to survive in a plane.

17. crescendo69

Gold Member

I do fine as long as I take a meclizine tablet well before hand for travel sickness. But if you never get carsick, you probably will be fine.

18. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    Your first time? Cool. Get a window seat for sure! You will probably be too keyed up to use your laptop, especially since it's only two hours.

It took me years of flying before I made it into the mile high club. Wanking in the bathroom doesn't count! :tongue:

19. D_Jurgen Klitgaard

I'm flying Southwest, and I got the Wanna Get Away tickets, so I'm not exactly sure on if I get a seating choice. Hell, it's only costing $300 round trip.

20. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    Phone them up and ask. It can't hurt and if they say no, fed them some BS about it being your first time and you're so excited and you're afraid of vomiting. If you wait until you check-in at the airport, there may be no choices left.

Draft saved Draft deleted