My first time ever on a plane!!

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
In two weeks I'll be flying to Denver for a little vacay with friends! I was going to drive, but I didn't feel comfortable driving some 13 hours by myself, and this just saves so much on gas. Besides, I am horrible with directions. :redface:

I'm a little nervous, but very excited at the same time!! I just wish I had someone to join the Mile High Club with! :tongue:

You will be fine. GO to TSA.gov (TSA | Transportation Security Administration | For Travelers) to make sure you understand how you need to pack your carry-on (don't check any luggage) and pay close attention to the forbidden items.

Dress very comfortably. When I fly in warm weather, I wear a tshirt or tank top, shorts, sandals (as they have to come off through security). Very little jewelry and a belt without a metal buckle.

Buy chewing gum as your ears may feel stuff as the plane climbs and descends due to the changes in cabin and air pressure.

Have fun!

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You'll enjoy the experience once you get past TSA ! That even may be fun the first time to see what that TSA 9/11 experience is about. You'll come to dread TSA checkpoints, I did when the metal detector goes off for certain items and the x-ray machine rejects you over the length of you toothpaste tube.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In two weeks I'll be flying to Denver for a little vacay with friends! I was going to drive, but I didn't feel comfortable driving some 13 hours by myself, and this just saves so much on gas. Besides, I am horrible with directions. :redface:

I'm a little nervous, but very excited at the same time!! I just wish I had someone to join the Mile High Club with! :tongue:
Hah! Well, just scope out the stewardesses and take a chance.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If you are flying Southwest, I would advise you to set an alarm, and do an online checkin exactly 24 hours before your departure time. That will get you in an earlier boarding group, which should allow you to pick a window seat. Try to find a seat that is not over-wing, and you'll have a better view.

I always enjoyed flying. My very first flight was in my uncle's Cessna Cardinal 4-seater, many years ago, and it was incredible. Prior to 9/11, I enjoyed the entire process, from arriving at the airport to landing at my destination. Not so much any more, I only enjoy the in-air part of it now.

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Denver can be a little bumpy coming in...just some wind...keep beathing and enjoy the flight. Just to look out over the landscape is to be in the place the Greeks believed the gods lived. I love seeing the top of the clouds....we are really lucky to see such images. enjoy

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
No Sweat Mr Hc'
You will LOVE it,i am sure
Myself flown the BIG ones (Planes) down to the 6/8 seaters-currently regular/the Wind Buffetting on those ones,is all part of the experience..say again, you will be absolutely enthralled by it all
SAFE Trip and HAPPY Holliday
enz

TurkeyWithaSunburn

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I forgot one BIG part of my trip, I am going to see the Foo Fighters at Red Rocks with my friends! :wiggle:
RedRocks is beautiful!!!

I'm not a concert person so can't ever say I've seen a show there. I did go up there a few years ago with a friend, he needed some video footage for a college course.

Hope you enjoy your visit here :smile:

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In an airplane you do have a chance of surviving. Some horrific landing accidents have resulted in many saved lives. How many people do you know that have died in a car accident vs. plane accident? Has anyone in your neighborhood died in a plane accident? Probably not, but it is likely someone has died in a car accident in your neighborhood.

Even that terrible crash in DC at the river resulted in saved lives.

Speed per speed you are more likely to survive in a plane.

Yea but again , that's statistics. You can't convince me that more people survive in plane crashes than car crashes.

But you're right , I know no one who has died in a plane crash , but my father died in a car crash on Christmas Day when I was 6.

But people drive cars more frequently that they fly in a plane. Let's not forget how miraculous it is for someone to survive a crash landing , not to mention a catastrophic impact.

D

deleted3782

I'm a little nervous, but very excited at the same time!!

I've flown since I was 3 months old and to five continents, and I still get air sick. You could take a dramamine tablet 30 minutes before the flight takes off and sleep through the whole thing like I do. Just don't over do the dosage, it can make you groggy for a few hours after...maybe just half a tablet.

Flying is fine, you will have no problems. Enjoy Denver.

D_Marazion Analdouche

Experimental Member
Media
I'm not going with you so don't worry things will be fine. I have friends that refuse to get on a plane with me because if it can happen it will. I've had 3 emergency landings, including one that had us losing cabin pressure and they didn't know why. We had to land with a full load of full which is always fun, they stopped all landings and departures for us, which was kind of cool.

The woman next to me was all white knuckled, I just say there reading my book. She asked me how I can be so calm. I said "Miss, I've had a belly landing, two near misses, one while landing one in air, a helicopter crash while in the Army and I've walked away from them all, what's the worst that can happen now?" "At this point I think someone is just having fun with me, plus it's not like I can go up there and help so why get all worked up?"

She calmed down.

Now it's not like I've had a loooot of bad luck, I've logged over 3 million miles. Traveling Boston to LA twice a month for 5 years, international trips, years in the Military etc etc. Lot's of flights so stuff is bound to go wrong.

cockoloco

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Have a blast and enjoy! don't worry about the flight, you'll enjoy it!

Bring some chewing gum with you! It will help you minimise the effect of pressure on your ears at takeoff and landing.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I forgot one BIG part of my trip, I am going to see the Foo Fighters at Red Rocks with my friends! :wiggle:

Have a great time at the show! I used to like to take road trips and have gone all over the country by myself. But now, time and money are big factors and you can be in Denver in only 2 hours instead of driving all day. For me, the best part of flying is when the plane picks up speed on take off. Sometimes the acceleration is exceptionally good, and you could imagine how a Dodge Viper feels with your right foot pegged on the floor!