My Friend "Steve"

TrentonLuke

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Well I didn't know exactly where to post this, but I figured since he's my age, and boasts to be quite large... I've just been wondering about my friend lately, I think he may be gay. And I am definately falling for him.

Okay, so for the last month I have been partying more often with a group of friends in a smaller, more how do i say it... RedNeck town. And one of the guys who hangs out there has been very friendly towards me. Very. examples of being friendly such as lending me his jacket when cold, making sure i have a blanket and pillow when it's time to for bed. (last night sleeping under the same blanket and pillow.) Flashing his balls to the whole party, while dancing around shirtless.. with his bronzed body. Oh by the way, when I was intoxicated and stupid the other night I made my move and caressed his leg throgh the holes in his pants. A normal staight guy would freak out if I were even to bump into his leg. "Steve" simply hugged me tightly and whispered "Not now... no man, I'm not like that." Then it was off to bed for he and I.

So tell me guys, does "Steve" sound like your average straight guy?

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
TrentonLuke said:

No Luke, he actually sounds like a really nice guy. I suggest you keep him as a friend. Alot of straight guys may not handle that situation as well.:smile:

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
TrentonLuke said:
A normal staight guy would freak out if I were even to bump into his leg. "Steve" simply hugged me tightly and whispered "Not now... no man, I'm not like that." Then it was off to bed for he and I.

I have to agree with Jeff.. he just sounds like a chilled kinda guy who's free from prejudice and comfortable with who he is... wanting him not to be a "normal straight guy" sounds like wishful thinking on your part to me. It sounds as though he likes you and values you as a friend and is sensitive to your feelings.. but I really don't see any more than that here.

If you really want to pursue this any further, consider that heartbreak and a lost friendship could easily be the order of the day. You could always have a conversation about sexuality in general with him... but absolutely not going into it with an agenda or expectations.

In other news: the font color you chose even made my cat vomit.

Greekdick69

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Sorry dude I agree with Alex, it does sound like whishful thinking. Considering that a good friendhsip is at risk I wouldn't make a move. I have friends who gave me their jacket, other jokingly held my hand, and one other went for a kiss on the mouth! NONE of them turn to be gay, I know it sounds silly but since then I have been paying more attention and they are not gay, just are not afraid to joke about it...I guess very str8 confidence maybe. I decided not to risk the friendship so we're still friends and I am waiting for a stronger signal or move on their part.:biggrin1:

TrentonLuke

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Thanks guys, I guess your right. I should stop thinking about my wants and needs and pay better attention to others. so I could be a good friend like "Steve."

And I chose the most obnoxious font color offered becuase I've never seen a post on LPSG with any color. Sorry.

Have a nice day guys!

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
As a laid back, enlightened straight guy I agree with the above advice.

If "Steve" isn't as straight as you assume he'll end your speculation himself when the time is right for him.

Otherwise, congratulations on finding such a good friend!

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
good friend you have in him...keep it at that..he understands...make sure you respect him the same way and you guys will have a deep friendship forever

chris88

1st Like
Media
He doesn't sound like your average straight guy: he sounds like an above-average guy altogether. However, he does sound like a straight guy, by his own confession. He might be kidding himself, who knows? But it isn't your place now to worry about whether he is kidding himself or not.

D_Elijah_MorganWood

Expert Member
Media
alex8 said:
If you really want to pursue this any further, consider that heartbreak and a lost friendship could easily be the order of the day. .

Looking at this from the outside, I see someone with a huge crush looking for any little morsel. I think he shot you down as gently and respectfully as possible. He sounds like a wonderful guy. You might take a little break from him. I've found it helps the hormones wind down.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Pecker said:
If "Steve" isn't as straight as you assume he'll end your speculation himself when the time is right for him.

That's your best benefit/risk ratio.
He's told you no in a wonderfully gentle way.
All you can do is be open to his opening, if it comes.
It's never worked for me -- no such prospect has revealed the side I was hoping to experience.
But I never lost any friends by letting hope trump prudence, either.
And I think Sorcerer is probably right when he suggests you avoid the guy for a while. When the fire burns down a bit, you'll be able to examine the situation more clearly.
Right now, with the best motives, you may be projecting more than you realize.

Normal_Guy1

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I would have to agree with the advice given. I am in the same situatuion sort of, but I am the straight guy with the gay friend. Don't confuse his confidence in his sexuality and the education of your sexuality. If you have feelings for him, I would tell him if I were you. Its better to keep a nice, open, honest relationship.

dudepiston

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I hate to be the voice of dissent, here, and I realize this thread is so old that the people involved are probably in the nursing home by now, but something about this doesn't seem right.

If this dude & his friend, Steve, are becoming closer, then why not just try the honest approach? Maybe Steve wasn't open to having his leg touched that way at that TIME. Maybe he would be open to being in LOVE with this other perfectly wonderful young man. Why is "Steve" the great one in this story? What about the OP? Why is it so unfathomable that Steve might actually have deeper feelings for his friend, the OP? Why not explore that? Why do we box ourselves in all the time?

Just a few questions on a rainy Wednesday. :biggrin1:

reallyhot

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Hey TrentonLuke:

Let's analyze this a bit for ya.
Hugs me tightly...a Big Yes I'm your friend.and maybe more...
Whispers,........asks for consideration and privacy
Although I'm flamboyant and flashy in public, I want you to get to know the real me first...not just the public me.
Not now.... later would be better timing, I want it to be special.
or I'm not ready for this step yet.
no man...I'm not like that ...........I'm still in the closet you see?
and I've got a lot riding on this...please be considerate for my sake.
or...............I'm the romantic type and want to keep things private
or I love you as a brother, not more.
Guess you'll just have to take it slow and easy with him, give him time
and space and talk with each other in private, sounds like he would be willing to open up to you to clarify the situation. It will be a big relief for both of you. Definately sounds like a friend to keep either way.
Sounds very interesting.
Keep us posted, I'm sure others would like to know how it turns out.
Good Luck!

hungbiguyuk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
This is a tricky one…

I have been in this situation myself before with a friend from College. We were in our mid 20's at the time.

This guy was always there for me. He also had a girlfriend of many years.

He was never afraid to be semi naked in front of me and acted perfectly naturally. However, if he had a few drinks (just a few mind) he would act a lot differently.

Many a time he would sit on my lap if there was a shortage of seats in the pub and would often times get very very close when everyone was up on the dance floor on a night out - grinding to the music and grinding against me.

I was so in love with this guy and perhaps I still am - we lost touch years ago (thanks to his wife - and not just me a lot of his friends). He never knew how I felt about him and at the time I could never attempt to take it any further for fear of losing his friendship even if we had taken it further - losing a love and a friend can be a great loss.

Hope this helps

xx

Jackson56716

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hey Luke:

He sounds like a very nice guy who understands your situation, is comfortable with himself and with people who don't share his sexuality. Don't spoil a potentially good friendship here. If in fact he is gay, which I highly doubt, at the very least you can be kindred spirits. In the meantime, he sounds like someone worth knowing and whose company you can enjoy. Keep it that way.

Uncle Jack