My GF says Doggie-style is bad for women's health and refuses to do it?

UpwardCurve

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ok, me and my gf here in Asia aren't even having sex (we are waiting for marriage) but we talk about sex a lot. She insists that she will never do doggie style since it is "dangerous for health" to a woman's body. The reason she thinks this way is because she read articles from doctors here that say that doggie style can cause permanent damage to a woman's canal, maybe cause of the angle, i dunno. She also said her friend tried it with her bf and it hurt a lot.

personally, i dont think doggie style would be any different from missionary, health-wise. but she is very adamant about this. which is a shame since i really want to try her from behind (for an asian girl, she has got a really nice rump). But she is somewhat of an (obsessive?) health nut (i.e. critisize every little thing i eat, touch, do, etc.) I guess it is because of asian health culture i dunno.

Thoughts?

cdarro

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've had a couple of girlfriends who didn't like it because, they said, I "went in too deep" in this position. But a health problem? Don't know. Ladies?

Last edited:

Physical health, mental health, spiritual health and such..? Well, it's a lot to balance, and I can't say they all mesh together in synchronous harmony.

I haven't much to say about "Doggie" position at the moment, other than that it's been in use by animals for some time... (though often for shorter duration, la la la.)

( Yes, I've heard many things in regards to this, but... If you both had the time, you could explore your own physical dynamics, and the reasons for it hurting her. Even self-experimentation may prove more than sufficient. )

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
doggy style sucks.
being jabbed in the cervix isn't sexy.

maybe they're getting it mixed up with anal.
or maybe it's cultural...like yanks thinking uncut knobs are unhealthy.

polesmoker

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
doggy style sucks.
being jabbed in the cervix isn't sexy.

maybe they're getting it mixed up with anal.
or maybe it's cultural...like yanks thinking uncut knobs are unhealthy.

We don't think it's unhealthy just unattractive. I was taught that uncut=ugly/dirty.
to the OP if you are waiting to have sex you don't have an issue yet. I know some girls who don't like the pressure of the angle.

B_Dustydo

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Doggie has to be one of my favorites, along with my legs over his shoulders.
Both are very deep and very intense.
Perhaps she is worried you're going to hurt her?

blakobra8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
have you dated anyone besides this woman? I would seriously suggest dating for a couple of years, and then if she's really the one for you, you will hopefully be waiting for each other. I wouldn't do it any other way, myself. I'm not married, so i can't really say.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sounds like she criticizes everything you do, why are you with her? If she's this critical now wait till she's got a ring on her finger.
Waiting for marriage to have sex is a really bad idea, it's a bit late then to find out your idea of how often you should have sex is three times a week, hers is twice a year.

jdoe86

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Not to pick on anyone, but there are some who think that "doggy style" is unnatural due to religious reasons and rather than say they won't do a certain position because of this, they come up with a "medical" explanation. You can refer to any number of sex manuals and intercourse from behind is perfectly fine and unless her gynecologist has told her that she has a problem where rear entry could be bad for her, she's just blowing smoke up your ass. Sorry to be so hard on her, but I've had woman with a tilted uterus, a "shallow" vagina and other reasons which could cause pain and they have never had any problem taking my penis.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Sexual compatibility is a critical element in any relationship.

A woman like your GF as you've described has a lot of prejudicial hang-ups about sex. That either comes through ignorance or indoctrination or both. In any case, it's a mountain of psychological baggage that may take her years to work through...if she can do it at all.

If sex isn't a huge deal for you, and if you have the patience, you might be able to make this work with her. I'm skeptical, though, because usually people with those issues aren't material for any sort of relationship until they learn to shed their hang-ups and love themselves.

If sex is a big deal for you, then I advise you to move on. SpoiledPrincess is dead on the money with regard to waiting for marriage...it's a really bad idea, and the fact that she's already imposing limitations on your sex life before it even begins only makes it worse. Don't short-change yourself...find someone adventurous, because that's what it will take to make your relationship work through the long haul.