My girlfriend is a transsexual

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
omg, that's the sweetest thing! i'm gettin' all teary-eyed over here. i am so happy you found someone you love, regardless of gender, sex, chromosomes, etc. when you find happiness and love and someone who feels the same about you, all that other stuff doesn't matter. all the best to you and nicole :smile:

Last edited:

WellHung83

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I hate it when you have to explain yourself to everyone when it comes to your choice in life partner but I applaud you guys for starting this thread and taking the time to answer the questions and thus 'normalising' this type of relationship for us. Although I hate, hate, HATE the word normalise or normal to describe anyone because lets face it, a lot of us on this earth are far from what other people consider the norm for society as a whole.

sweetnicole

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
omg, that's the sweetest thing! i'm gettin' all teary-eyed over here. i am so happy you found someone you love, regardless of gender, sex, chromosomes, etc. when you find happiness and love and someone who feels the same about you, all that other stuff doesn't matter. all the best to you and nicole :smile:

Thanks Stacy. Well I wish you and your boyfriend all the best to you too. Take care sweetie... :smile:

savageburnup

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Ok first im not an expert by any means so im just giving an opinion. I think the terms transsexual and transgendered implies the same thing, but havent reseached it at all. Hermaprodites, i think wouldn't be considered transgendered for the fact that they owe their disposition to a genetic abnormality, they are born with both sexual organs but they are not like transgendered persons that transcend from one sex to another. The one is very much genetic thus biological, the other a more mental and i would say psycological, that is they are born with the mind of one sex but in the body of the other. Must be said that i dont considern all effeminate males to be transgendered or even gay for that matter, and same goes for tomboys. I think the issue is whether a person wishes to transcend the sex they have been born with and how far they are willing to realize their wish. You might find an effeminate male that is 100% straight and happy to be what he is, then you could not consider that person to be transgendered, you might find a straight guy that likes to crossdress because he likes the feeling of being in womans clothes, but that doenst make him transgenedered. So I would say a transgendered person is someone that is wanting to be another sex and has at least started acting on that desire in a personal or public capacity. If anyone else has something to add please feel free.

amygdala

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well put. I agree that it's all about the mindset of the person. Not everyone fits neatly into a specific category - sexuality can be fluid, however, gender identity usually is not.

There was a fascinating segment on NPR not too long ago about an American family dealing with their 8 year old child who was born in the body of a male but who, from a very early age, clearly demonstrated a desire to be a girl. Luckily for the child's own sanity, the parents sought professional help and came to realize that their child was transgendered. Deciding that their child's happiness was way more important than what other people, including some family members, thought, they opted to start certain hormone treatments BEFORE the child began puberty, so as to avoid developing male secondary sex characteristics. Therefore, after puberty, she won't have to deal with certain things that most transgendered people have to deal with, such as removing the unwanted sexual characteristics that come with puberty. Obviously, such an approach is only available to those with openminded parents who care more about their child's happiness and sanity than anything else. After listening to the segment, I walked away 100% convinced that the child knew exactly who SHE was and what she wanted and that her parents absolutely made the right decision to allow her to start the puberty-preventing treatments. Hopefully someday, we as a society will evolve to a point where such treatments are the norm - completely divorced from controversy, ridicule and shame.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=90273278

Last edited:

dale90

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
i have a question
you say nicole doesnt fuck you, as women dont do that, and shes a women, she obviously feels 100% a women and so what, so in my eyes, shouldnt her status be 100%straight, as afterall, she is a women not a man now, and your a man, so its straight when you both think of her as a woman, get my point?

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I just read this thread, and I'm bumping it because I think it's great to see this kind of discourse with a couple including a transgender individual. There's a lot of misunderstanding about transgenders, so it's great to get it out in the open and let people understand it!

First of all, I think it's awesome that you two are open and honest about things here.

Moreover, I'm happy for you because a happy couple, regardless of the genders involved, is worthy of congratulations and joy. :)

Anyway, somebody previously asked about transsexual vs. transgender. They are technically different, and transsexual is typically thought of as a subgroup of transgender. A transgender individual doesn't necessarily have to live as the sex opposite from what his or her genetic makeup or genitals defines him or her as. A transsexual is a transgender individual who actually lives as the opposite gender from what his or her genetics and genitalia determines him or her as.

In other words, a genetic male (XY) with a penis who identifies as a female but still lives as a male is transgender but not transsexual. A person like sweetnicole who is genetically male and has male genitalia but identifies as a female and lives as a female is transsexual.

It reminds me of a book I read with a character who was a transsexual woman who lived life as a gay man. Genetically and physically a woman, but lived as a homosexual man. In other words, he had heterosexual homosexual sex. :smile:

It was called "Kafka on the Shore" by Murakami. Give it a look if you like reading.

dj30905

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
To each their own. As long as the relationship is built on love, I believe that is all that should really matter. At least you have found someone you truly love and they love you right back. Best wishes!

ruffboy

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i think DJ right there said it simply and right as have many others on this most interesting, informative, enlightening and life-affirming thread! good on you sweetnicole and savagebump, you two are fantastically brave to endure the slings and arrows of the fearful and ignorant and inspirational to the rest of us working each day to find and/or keep our partners in life.

oh, and good lord is sweetnicole hott!! hehehe, sorry, couldn't deny the perv in me ;-p

sweetnicole

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
thanks dj and sk_bum. it has been love from the start. and it feels like falling in love over again each day i get up from bed. and misses him terribly every time i close my eyes to sleep.