My good news

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Okay, this has nothing to do with a damn thing on this board, but ... it's official: I will soon have my Master's degree: Master of the Arts, English Literature. Now I have to decide whether or not to pursue a doctorate. Dr. D. M. Whopper, Ph. D. would sound impressive, wouldn't it? ;)

Max

Sexy Member
Media
To DMW, Esq., MA (or soon to be)

Well done!! As for the PhD, I know from first hand experience that they are hard work. But go for it! You won't forgive yourself later if you don't

Finedessert: Go for it Whopper.....

Every Jewish mama wants her daughter to marry a Doctor.......maybe they want their Sons to marry one too... :D :D :D

Grandpa

H8Monga: Congratulations! I'll call you Dr. Whopper now to get you used to the ring of it. :) Why not go for it? You can do it.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Thanks for the words of encouragement, both here and in my IM box. Here's the situation: I've been a student for almost twenty years now. My tentative plan is to take off for a year and try to pay off my student loans and spend time with my bf ... time that has been at a premium due to school and work. Though we both do the same work, we generally don't dance on the same nights so we don't don't get to see each other much. My future is important to me, but that includes my future with my mate. If my pass up the opportunity to try for a doctorate, I'll kick myself from now until I die ... I know that. One year off will not derail my intentions and will be good for the soul. In the meantime I'll just be a Master at my Art! ;D

tott666: Well, congrats future Dr! It must feel good to see the light at the end of the tunnel, sort of.

Just try to make sure you go back to studying, it's all too easy to get caught up in real life and wait just a little while longer to go back...

Ineligible: Congratulations, DoubleMeat! That's a great achievement.

It can be difficult to go back once you've stopped being a student - you can easily find it very dificult to go back to having less money, or less time. On the other hand part-time PhDs almost always fail - it's just too difficult. So if you want one, don't leave it too long, and don't get into too much of the good life in your year off.

But for now, enjoy the achievement! Will you be able to incorporate it into your act?

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Congratulations! I didn't know you were in college. (If you'll pardon the stereotype, it explains your being an exotic dancer. LOL) Seriously, what more can I say? You seem to have reached a good compromise, waiting another year for your PhD. It'll give you time with your BF, and keep those student loans from reaching astronomical levels.

Ralexx

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Aaah, Jacinto, this is great news !
Congratulations, Monsieur le Ph. D. en Anglais, de Nouvelle Orléans !!! ;) I know what it means (after all, I'm here in Paris to finish my MA studies.)

So, you're wild & free now, huh ?... Then please be so kind and, if you have some spare time, get to Paris asap !!!
;D