My grades this semester

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
i just wanted my friends here to know how well i did last semester! the numbers in brackets are how many credits the class is worth

MAT1033 (Intermediate Algebra) [3] - W; it was a once a week class. i withdrew because there wasn't enough repitition.

ENC1101 (English Composition 101) [3] - B; woulda been higher but i never had time to re-write the 2 essays i got Bs on

CGS1061 (Computer Concepts) [1] - F; i know, i know, not good. what happened was that i had to do a few projects, but the day i was going to the computer lab there was a bomb threat and the schoool was evacuated, so i couldn't even get on campus. i asked for a extra due to the circumstances, but the bitch said she wouldn't give me extra time. the good news is, i have three chances (well...now 2 for this class) to attempt a class, and they go with the new grade.

REL1101 (Introduction to World Religion) [3] - A; i was surprised to all hell about that one! like, no one could understand the professor because of his hella thick caribbean accent. plus, the book was way boring because the dude that wrote it would try to sound more intelligent than he was, but like, it was just awkward. and what pissed me off was how the dude that wrote the book (and, since it as like the bible for my professor, he also thought this...) made a huge mistake about hamlet; he said that hamlet's mom, queen gertrude was fully aware of the plot to kill the king, when in truth, she finds out at the end, before everyone dies. also, the dude that wrote the text (which was more a paperback novel looking book) said it was a religious play. yah, i had issues with that alleged text..

so yah, that was my grades for last semester. it was m first year of college! now like, i know it didn't seem like a lot of classes because it wasn't. but i hadn't been in school for 5 years, so i wanted to ease back in. now, this semester comin up, i'm goin full force. for my classes, i was thinkin of....

MAT1033 [3] (makin shure it's like, twice a week instead of one 3 hour class a week.

SPC1600 [3] - Introduction to Public Speaking

AMH2010 [3] - American History to 1965

PHI2010 [3] - Introduction to Philosophy

CGS1061 [1] - Computer Concepts, take two!

that sounds managable, yah?

RICKY_27

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
HEY NIXXY!

C O N G R A T S!!!
Thanks for sharing the great news about your fine efforts at school. I am very PROUD of you!!!

It is NOT easy to go to school and work at the same time. I know coz I've been there, done that. You are to be commended for working hard to make your future a positive one. Best of luck in the years ahead.

RICKY_27

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Wow, Nix, nice start. I admire your goal - my 12th grade English Lit. teacher was an old maid. Hope you're more successful than she was.

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Wow, Nix, nice start. I admire your goal - my 12th grade English Lit. teacher was an old maid. Hope you're more successful than she was.

i fully plan on it! i'm just pissed at myself about the F i got. it was mostly my fault, but like, my professor could have given an extra day due to the circumstances...

B_Kshelby67

1st Like
Media
CGS1061 (Computer Concepts) [1] - F; i know, i know, not good. what happened was that i had to do a few projects, but the day i was going to the computer lab there was a bomb threat and the schoool was evacuated, so i couldn't even get on campus. i asked for a extra due to the circumstances, but the bitch said she wouldn't give me extra time. the good news is, i have three chances (well...now 2 for this class) to attempt a class, and they go with the new grade.

Lesson in procrastionation perhaps? no excuses!!!

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Which school?

A) FAU

B) FIU

C) UM

D) UF

E) None the above.

This is a bonus question. No points deducted if not answered!

biguy2738

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Well Done! Not only for your results, but for finding value in furthering your education. It isn't easy to go back into the studying regime, so the fact that you are sticking to it, setting goals for yourself and trying to achieve them, is an achievement in itself.

Wishing you all the best for next semester.

playainda336

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Wait...were you full time last semester?

You got an F, A, B, and W....that was like 10 hours. 12 hours is full time at my school.

Well...don't take this the wrong way cause I did pretty bad my first semester.

Coming out of High School I had a 4.2 GPA and 1280 SAT.

First semester?

Honors Chem (3) - C
Honors Chem Lab (1) - B
English 101 (3) - B
Lab Animal Science Orientation (1) - A
Intro to Animal Science (3) - B
Honors Calc. (4) - B
Beginning Badminton (1) - W

A mere 16 hours, but 7 classes...bad idea. Plus I took two honors courses when I was supposed to only be in one. I thought it was like High school..and I bombed. The next semester I had 6 courses and dropped half of them.

So don't fret...you've got time to do great things. I ended up graduating Magna Cum Laude. ^_^

smoothrnb

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You have a good start. I sense that you understand where and how you need to improve, and that is half of the battle. College is a lot different than high school, and it takes a semester or so to really get into the swing of taking 4 or 5 classes while adjusting to new expectations from family, friends, and society. So, although not clearly your best effort, I believe you are prepared better for next academic year.

Don't be afraid to ask for help/advice. Although you don't fit the true definition of a non-traditional student (Since you are a little older than most first-year students), I would suggest you consult your school's non-traditional student advisor/office. They may have some helpful suggestions for you on time management, course selection, etc. Good luck!

NCbear

Superior Member
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Wait...were you full time last semester?

You got an F, A, B, and W....that was like 10 hours. 12 hours is full time at my school.

Well...don't take this the wrong way cause I did pretty bad my first semester.

Coming out of High School I had a 4.2 GPA and 1280 SAT.

First semester?

Honors Chem (3) - C
Honors Chem Lab (1) - B
English 101 (3) - B
Lab Animal Science Orientation (1) - A
Intro to Animal Science (3) - B
Honors Calc. (4) - B
Beginning Badminton (1) - W

A mere 16 hours, but 7 classes...bad idea. Plus I took two honors courses when I was supposed to only be in one. I thought it was like High school..and I bombed. The next semester I had 6 courses and dropped half of them.

So don't fret...you've got time to do great things. I ended up graduating Magna Cum Laude. ^_^

Sounds similar to me: 4.4 GPA, 1360 SAT, and valedictorian, on partial merit- and need-based scholarship to Wake Forest, and then my first semester hit me.

Yes, two As, one B, one C, and one D. Before then, I'd only seen one B in my life and never ANY Cs or Ds. Woke me right up.

Every semester after that I made the Dean's List (so I could keep my scholarship) and graduated cum laude.

NCbear (who earned better grades in graduate school)

P.S. And Nixxy, I was an English major planning to teach high school as well. Took one semester of student teaching for me to realize I'd much rather be a college professor who can say, "Get the hell out of my classroom!" And make it stick. (wink) Now, of course, I've gone beyond that career goal and am working in university grant administration, teaching faculty members how to write effectively. It's an even bigger challenge than teaching college-level composition classes. (double wink)

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I just wanted my friends here to know how well I did last semester!
Did I read this correctly? You took four courses, withdrew from one and failed another. So technically you only took 3 classes. I get that you did the work but had technical difficulties beyond your control; and I agree she should have given you an extra day.

FYI - Though I prefer the term learning junkie; I am what my dad used to affectionately call a "professional student." I have a bachelors degree in art history with a minor in elementary education.

By the way, I took Intermediate Algebra in a 4 week summer session; it met for 3 hours, 3 days a week. I failed. :frown1: :redface: I'm not proud, I'm just saying it's a bitch of a class if math isn't your thing. I attended Jersey City State College in the early 1990's. So many elementary education majors were failing Intermediate Algebra they invented a new class for us,:redface: it was called *Problem Solving. We affectionately called it dumb-dumb math. :biggrin1: It was the bare minimum of Intermediate Algebra required to fulfill the core curriculum requirement for our major to graduate. I took it pass/fail and passed. The prof was so pissed at me when he realized I took it P/F; turns out I would have had a B+ :smile:.

I just wanted my friends here to know how well I did last semester! The numbers in brackets are how many credits the class is worth
MAT1033 (Intermediate Algebra) [3] - W;
ENC1101 (English Composition 101) [3] - B
CGS1061 (Computer Concepts) [1] - F
REL1101 (Introduction to World Religion) [3] - A

So yah, that was my grades for last semester. Since I never took less than 18 credits and worked no less than two part-time jobs I'm just not sure if you are bragging or complaining. It was my first year of college! now like, i know it didn't seem like a lot of classes because it wasn't. but i hadn't been in school for 5 years, so i wanted to ease back in. That was smart! :smile: now, this semester comin up, i'm goin full force. for my classes, i was thinkin of.... I went back to school for my BA at 25, I have an idea what you are going through. It's not going to be easy, but it will be worth it in the end. Don't give up! :smile:

MAT1033 [3] (makin sure it's like, twice a week instead of one 3 hour class a week.

CGS1061 [1] - Computer Concepts, take two! Can't you just hand in the work you already did?
That sounds managable, yah?

AMH2010 & PHI2010 will require lots of reading, writing, and research time.

*MATH 205 Problem Solving (3)
This course seeks to prepare elementary education majors to pass the national test required for teacher certification. It provides a thorough review of problem solving skills through Pre-Calculus for others. This course is a General Studies course and may not be counted toward the Math major or minor.

arliss

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
i just wanted my friends here to know how well i did last semester! the numbers in brackets are how many credits the class is worth

MAT1033 (Intermediate Algebra) [3] - W; it was a once a week class. i withdrew because there wasn't enough repitition.

ENC1101 (English Composition 101) [3] - B; woulda been higher but i never had time to re-write the 2 essays i got Bs on

REL1101 (Introduction to World Religion) [3] - A; i was surprised to all hell about that one! like, no one could understand the professor because of his hella thick caribbean accent. plus, the book was way boring because the dude that wrote it would try to sound more intelligent than he was, but like, it was just awkward. and what pissed me off was how the dude that wrote the book (and, since it as like the bible for my professor, he also thought this...) made a huge mistake about hamlet; he said that hamlet's mom, queen gertrude was fully aware of the plot to kill the king, when in truth, she finds out at the end, before everyone dies. also, the dude that wrote the text (which was more a paperback novel looking book) said it was a religious play. yah, i had issues with that alleged text..

so yah, that was my grades for last semester. it was m first year of college! now like, i know it didn't seem like a lot of classes because it wasn't. but i hadn't been in school for 5 years, so i wanted to ease back in. now, this semester comin up, i'm goin full force. for my classes, i was thinkin of....

MAT1033 [3] (makin shure it's like, twice a week instead of one 3 hour class a week.

CGS1061 [1] - Computer Concepts, take two!

that sounds managable, yah?

congratulations...keep up the good work

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Can't you just hand in the work you already did?

already SO on it! i still have all my pojects on my jump drive thing. like, she knows i wasn't a bad student. i was one of the few who showed up every week. i got 100s on ALL of the tests she gave me. i ask for one more day due to a omb threat, and she disses me like that. i'm planning on taking her again so i won't have to do the work again.

AMH2010 & PHI2010 will require lots of reading, writing, and research time.

yah, i'm fully aware. which is why i started off college the way i did. now that i know how to properly manage my time, i feel i'm ready for these kinds of classes.

also, this year around, i made a friend who's gonna take as many classes with me as possible (i'm an english teacher major and he's going into nursing school) so i know i'll have a partner in all of my math classes, and i think we're gonna have 1 or 2 science classes together