My gym told me to Cover up

michaang

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
wow... How did this post turn into a "Lets belittle this guy"?

Because a lot of users on LPSG have nothing better to do than to criticize another user. I've seen threads like this. Lots of them. It's rather saddening actually that people would overanalyze and put words in someone's mouth than have a moment to care about the situation at hand.

Humans.. go figure.

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'd totally ignore it...wear what you wear and maybe invest in a jock to wear under it...you'll still have some comfort. Just by one size larger than you'd normally wear and go with it..OR...wear boxers and loose short...you fall out a couple times then they can complain and you can go back to your old shorts :) hehehe

:veryhappy: I wish I had that trouble....:wink:

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I have to agree with the shorts over lycra comment- where is the harm in that?

and lets face it, '8 soft' under lycra CAN look obscene.

think about a heavily chested woman crammed into a tiny top.

I know *I* would look at either-

so how about a compromise?

----

I have had a simillar incident- I am involved in group that does workshops every 6-7 weeks. we sit ALOT. So I dress for comfort (which for me is walking shorts and boxers), it can get very warm. At a seminar about a year ago (I have shared this before), I was sitting (we sit in a large circle) listening intently to the group leader. Unbeknown to me, my cock and balls had 'fallen out' (I didn't feel it as they were laying on the shorts (not the carpet). I honestly had no idea was 'flopping'- except the woman directly across from me DID (as did the group leader).

I was nicely pulled aside and asked to wear more apropriate clothes (the woman said to the leader that she was 'distracted' (a fair statement, as I would have been :)), I rummaged around and found a pair of briefs- for me, VERY uncomfortable (kept wanting to rearange or....ugh, worse 'nut crunch').

As I have been with the organization for many years, I was reminded to 'dress as if you were teaching', so I now wear khakis (no shorts) and boxer briefs for the weekends.

Could I 'go ballistic'? sure. Could I be a grown up and compromise? sure.
Reverse the situation- what if you were lifting heavily and stopped to stare and someone in 'show off' clothes- and then injured yourself?

be a grownup, meet them halfway...

just my .02

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Because a lot of users on LPSG have nothing better to do than to criticize another user. I've seen threads like this. Lots of them. It's rather saddening actually that people would overanalyze and put words in someone's mouth than have a moment to care about the situation at hand.

Humans.. go figure.

I would assume that's directed at me.

I do care about the situation presented... but I look at the entire situation presented. And I recognize that the feelings of OTHERS in the scenario matter as much as the OP's

Assuming its not just a fantasy to spark discussion of his dick...His complaint is disingenuous...
sorry, but it just is.
He is bragging about his cock, describing how it looks in lycra shorts and how it bounces when he is doing calisthenics in front of a bunch of other people... brags about how people look at it... and then acting incredulous that anyone would complain about his overt displays of his genitals.

He clearly understands how his dick looks in lycra, he clearly enjoys people looking at his dick, and he imagines that covering it with a thin wisp of form fitting fabric should be render him immune from criticism...

Now... explain to me how his post does not fit that description?

People, in general, are not as innocent as they make themselves out to be.
Most of the time, most people understand perfectly what they are doing and why.

D_Whitcomb Whistlereed

Account Disabled
Media
Have some decency, dude. Wear some underwear that keep things under control. People go to the gym to workout, not to see your dick flopping around everywhere.

And for the people who said he should sue them for sexual harrassment, are you kidding me? It's more likely other members at the gym would successfully sue him for letting his dick fall out of his shorts at the gym.

str82fcuk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The YMCA has such a PC holier than thou attitude I had to stop going there ... these days there is hardly anything Young or Male or Christian about that place although the YWCA is still strictly for women only ... in any case they charge way more than many of the other better friendlier gyms here where I live and theyre just not worth it especially not with their supercilious judgemental attitude ...

Have some decency, dude. Wear some underwear that keep things under control. People go to the gym to workout, not to see your dick flopping around everywhere.

And for the people who said he should sue them for sexual harrassment, are you kidding me? It's more likely other members at the gym would successfully sue him for letting his dick fall out of his shorts at the gym.

Don't be ridiculous. It's sexual harassment. Guys have dicks and they make bulges under your clothing. Tits do the same thing and they're sexualized enough in our society to make Janet Jackson's nipple a national story. There is no reason men should be forced to hide the bulge of their sexual organs when women are allowed, even encouraged, to flaunt theirs. Men should take pride in what they have. I'm not saying flaunt it like you're wearing a Renaissance codpiece, but there's no need to squash it under your clothing either as if it's disgusting or perverted to have a male body with male body contours. Some guys are simply more endowed than others and no amount of clothing is going to hide everything.

It's a ridiculous double standard and it's damaging to the self esteem of males.

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
Double standard or not, he risks being banned from the gym. They have the right to set a dress code. If he's letting it swing that much, they can tell him to cover it up. Personally, I don't care if you have a big dick or not. I would find it creepy for you to come out with a towel hiding it. Then, you intentionally get on equipment that will have everybody seeing it flop. I think they OP is protesting waaaaaay too much.

musclemonkey5

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
My campus gym told me the other day that I couldn't work out there unless I was wearing gym shorts. He was dead serious, said I couldn't come back like that I was wearing normal Kakki shorts and a brand t-shirt. Can someone explain these damn gym rules???

Double standard or not, he risks being banned from the gym. They have the right to set a dress code. If he's letting it swing that much, they can tell him to cover it up. Personally, I don't care if you have a big dick or not. I would find it creepy for you to come out with a towel hiding it. Then, you intentionally get on equipment that will have everybody seeing it flop. I think they OP is protesting waaaaaay too much.

If they refund his remaining membership then sure. Go somewhere else afterwards. Tell them what you think of them with your money. It's the only thing merchants listen to.

My campus gym told me the other day that I couldn't work out there unless I was wearing gym shorts. He was dead serious, said I couldn't come back like that I was wearing normal Kakki shorts and a brand t-shirt. Can someone explain these damn gym rules???

What is the difference and did you ask to see a copy of these rules? Get one!

D_Ollyvalle Treegirth

Account Disabled
Media
This is exactly what I was going to point out --- it seems a little schizoid to me--- the obvious awareness of displaying your package at the gym (labored explanation for why you choose spandex), and anxiety about covering yourself in the locker room.

you seem a little conflicted.

1)if you carry a towel around with you to cover your bulge, ur'e already aware putting your junk on display could be unwanted by some. even u admit the bouncing is "excessive"

2) if you're pissed that they asked u not to walk around with a thin layer of nylon painted on ur dik why carry on like a mormon in the lockerroom? maybe ur a closet case that likes to tease gay guys?

D_Chocho_Lippz

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I may be on the fringe here... but...

If you go into a place of business, the owners need to look out for the interest of everyone. If your bulge is causing concern, then they have every right to confront you about it.

It is just like if you come there smelling like shit (horrible BO) and people stop coming because they don't want to be around you. Then what is the owner supposed to do... loose all those customers so he can keep you? No, it is good business sense to address issues. And from the sounds of it, while it may have been embarrassing to you, imagine the owner/worker having to confront you.

If you have a problem with their request, then you have the option to find another location or try to fix the problem.

D_Chocho_Lippz

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Don't be ridiculous. It's sexual harassment. Guys have dicks and they make bulges under your clothing. Tits do the same thing and they're sexualized enough in our society to make Janet Jackson's nipple a national story. There is no reason men should be forced to hide the bulge of their sexual organs when women are allowed, even encouraged, to flaunt theirs. Men should take pride in what they have. I'm not saying flaunt it like you're wearing a Renaissance codpiece, but there's no need to squash it under your clothing either as if it's disgusting or perverted to have a male body with male body contours. Some guys are simply more endowed than others and no amount of clothing is going to hide everything.

It's a ridiculous double standard and it's damaging to the self esteem of males.
I have no problem with the male body and if I can get a glimpse, even as a straight guy, I will check out a dudes junk (same goes for general body checking out).

You make it sound as if we should be able to do anything, just because we love the male body. Where is the line Jason? Would it be OK if we went to the gym and wore short-shorts and no support and our dicks just hung out our leg? Or would it be OK to just come in and run in the nude? What is over the line?

Bottom line is that whenever you enter someones home or business... you are stepping into their domain. If you want to show off your junk, then find a place where it is accepted. Nobody is doing a visible penis check on you at the door. If that was the case, then I can see how that is discrimination. But they are not... They have complaints and they are addressing that like any other business would do.

I'm sorry but that is not discrimination.

Some guys are simply more endowed than others and no amount of clothing is going to hide everything.
Are you serious?

D_Diesel Oyl

Sexy Member
Media
I think a really big roided up bodybuilder has every right to workout wearing whatever he wants, spandex, cuff-links, cock rings, vacuum pump tube - anything goes.

mtl85

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I do many classes as part of my membership at Toronto's Central YMCA. I go through alot of workout clothes an have found lycra and easy fallout ( no pun) .Sometime I wear lycra knee length shorts under a t shirt or workout top , I know I have a BIG whapper laying in there its the same soft as it is hard a firm and thick 8 " almost 9...
I get tonnes of M and F looks to it and most often carry a towel to hold in front of me.WhenI do step classes the bouncing ,even under baggy shorts is excessive , eeven still. Most times I dont think about it much, In the change room I ONLY undress in the shower stal with curtain closed and frequently have a gay guy following me hoping for a glimpse... not that I have anything against gays , I love em , but no guys are seeing my dick! ha
Anyways My gym asked me to cover up , wear loose fitting cotton shorts and "supportive underattire" I was sooo mortified I blushed as the gal told me the concerns,,,or as she put it "complaints"
COMPLAINTS!!! I was like WTF , do u ever hear of a guy complaining about he well endowed girls?
I have a bi one, clothes are a huge task, I thought the gym was sacro-sanct
ha anyone else been asked to conceal bigger "little guy"

No offense, but your story sounds very "Toronto". You would never have that problem in Montreal :) But good for you, don't be mortified.:cool: