My Humility

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Okay I'm a bit worried...or something, that my friend has found my Myspace. The thing is, its kind of a hideaway for me, like this site but to a lesser degree. I can talk about things here/have poetry and things on there that I couldn't do elsewhere. Plus there are pictures of me...Plus on my myspace there's a reference to my 'size'...one of those t shirt slogans. I don't want him knowing I have a big dick! That would make things weird I think. And I don't really want him to see my myspace since its personal to me.

Anyways, I added him as a friend (he requested). Adding to the matter, his ex/gf had added me earlier. I accepted, didn't message her or anything cos I'm not into her...but still. I also think he maybe added me in reaction to that?

What should I do! I feel...violated. There are things I don't want my friend to know or see...anyone been in a similar situation or have any advice? I want to make my page private now and delete him as a friend or otherwise prevent him viewing my page! It's very personal and a lot different to how I am IRL. Help!

smoothnfree

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Given that myspace is wide open for all to view, i wouldnt post stuff on there that ya dont want others to see. Going private is one solution til they ask why didnt you accept the add. fuck it, if ya got a big dick, and you posted a funny pic about it, you must be somewhat proud of it. If it shames you, take the pic down. Myspace simply isnt very private, bottom line

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You say you added him, why would you feel violated when it was your choice to add him? I'm not sure if you added him when he said he'd stumbled across it, or if you just thought he'd found it so you added him.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Okay I'm a bit worried...or something, that my friend has found my Myspace. The thing is, its kind of a hideaway for me, like this site but to a lesser degree. I can talk about things here/have poetry and things on there that I couldn't do elsewhere. Plus there are pictures of me...Plus on my myspace there's a reference to my 'size'...one of those t shirt slogans. I don't want him knowing I have a big dick! That would make things weird I think. And I don't really want him to see my myspace since its personal to me.

Anyways, I added him as a friend (he requested). Adding to the matter, his ex/gf had added me earlier. I accepted, didn't message her or anything cos I'm not into her...but still. I also think he maybe added me in reaction to that?

What should I do! I feel...violated. There are things I don't want my friend to know or see...anyone been in a similar situation or have any advice? I want to make my page private now and delete him as a friend or otherwise prevent him viewing my page! It's very personal and a lot different to how I am IRL. Help!

Write them and tell them you had a change of heart. Tell them both that your profile is going to go into different arenas that necessitates privacy. Tell them that you are going PRIVATE. Delete them both as friends on your MySpace. Make your profile PRIVATE.

bstexas

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well, sorta a weird situation for sure. U opened a can of worms by accepting the ex/gf and then the friend. I add and delete people all the time on my yahoo. I like ot have people on there who I can say hey to or see what's up with them. Not like I can personally get to know them all (hecck, they are all over the world), but after a while if I don;t hear from them I delete them as a friend. In MySpace, don't you have to "allow" them to get into ur space? Well, "disallow" them access. If they wonder why, then tell them you jjust had a change of heart, culling, or whatever. But as was mentioned before, the best think to do would be to be honest with them and either A) tell them you don;t want them on because they are too close and you use MySpace more as a diary and having close friends see if it embarassing; or 2) talk to them as close friends and be totally open one way or another. Either let them see everything or tell them u have second thoughts. You need to deal with it in an adult way, not just to another friend space like Facebook or whatever others are called. You'll just end up in the same situation eventually.

ganja4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, for one, if he's really a friend of yours, maybe you should open up to him a little bit more? If you aren't comfortable with that, then delete him and make your page private. *shrug*

I agree with this. Also, if you are worried they might get upset if you delete you could always make a different one and this time anybody you don't want on your buddy list just don't add them. It might be a pain in the ass the make another one but it could also make you feel better about the situation. I also agree that myspace isn't really ment to be a private thing since there is millions of people that use it and it is pretty easy to find people that you know. Maybe try putting a little false information so people who know you with think "Oh that couldn't be him."

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hmm...okay. It is kind of like my diary though and that's the thing...would you let people read your diary? And I added them because I know them and didn't want to hurt their feelings by NOT adding them as friends.

I'll just delete them and see what they say! I shouldn't be embarrased about my poetry or pictures of myself though should I? Should I just leave it be and see what they say?