My interests are changing..

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by B_thickjohnny, Nov 20, 2011.

1. B_thickjohnny

B_thickjohnny New Member

I'm back in the US and I'm finding myself more interested in meeting men of color and Asians. Don't know why and defo not complaining. Just say'n. I'm not sure where it's coming from except that living in Prague for 16 years I was surrounded by white guys and now this color buffet is getting me going.

I'm only mentioning this to see if anyone has an explanation for it. I've met some great guys since getting back 2 months ago.

BUT!! I haven't gone all the way with anyone. There's some sort of blockage there. How do I get past it? I'm serious. I want to go with one great black guy I met but I keep making excuses.

2. dad4you

dad4you Member

I think you just have to do it. I hardly ever have the chance to cross color barriers here in Boise, but have on occasion been able to meet other than caucasian men.

3. aqua-illusion

Gold Member

Albums:
    Everyone's taste changes with time, as we grow older what we find attractive changes...before I used to LOVE "boys" when I was younger maybe between 17-22 I liked the whole little twink look...but now it's like "they look like little boys" and is actually not an attraction anymore...

Just evolution of the mind I guess...lol

4. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    If you are making excuses it is likely not due to skin color but other things, so trust your intuition and don't jump into anything too fast. You are back in the land of plenty. Take your time.

5. B_chinagirl4u2

B_chinagirl4u2 New Member

Just relax and breath... it will be ok

remember the first time you jumped off a swimming board

6. serium

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Yes, remember the first time you jumped into a pool of water?

A change in preference is entirely normal, especially with age. You left a different person and came back as a different person.
    Explore these attractions, they aren't ill-founded and reflect who you are as a person today. Wish you the best of luck.

7. B_thickjohnny

B_thickjohnny New Member

Thanks for all the advice. I think Helga, as usual, hit the nail on the head. There's something more that's keeping me from going there. I don't want to admit it though.... I know... that's so 1960s.

8. mandoman

Gold Member

What brought you back, after 16 years in Prague?

9. willow78

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm in the same situation - I've had the 'opposite attraction' for as long as I can remember. Unfortunately, I've never had the chance to explore it. I need to move to the city where there is more diversity. Not just in men, but also in gay freedoms/lifestyle.

#9 willow78, Nov 23, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  10. B_thickjohnny

B_thickjohnny New Member

I met a guy not long after getting back here. We've met several times for beer at a local pub and he's been doing his best to get in my pants. I opened up to him and told him that I've never been with a black guy and he almost fell over. I told him in Prague the majority - like 90% of the population is white. I had a JO with a black guy once but that was it. He sort of backed down after I confessed. I think it bothered him. Now I'm not sure what to do except just say let's do it!

Draft saved Draft deleted