my junk itches...bad!

D_Harvey_Dipstique

Experimental Member
Media
hey guys...this is prolly a stupid post, but i have a question. do any of you suffer from a very itchy pubic region? i am very clean....absolutely no std....no jock itch or rash or anything, but the base of my shaft and balls, and even my taint, itch all the time....i dont know if it may be a size issue (like perspiration buildup) or my underwear or what. I feel like almost every pair of pants I own are tight in the crotch, especially when I am seated, and I wonder if that is a factor. I have tried lotions and oils to see if its dry skin, ive tried powders, and i have even been wearing jock itch cream (even though there is none) to help with the itching. does anyone else have very itchy junk or know what may cause it?

Rubenesque

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No idea...

just make sure you always dry it thoroughly after bathing, always wear cotton underwear and let it hang loose as much as you can when you're at home... it might help

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If oils, lotions and soap all cause this to happen, you may have an allergy. To determine this, rinse your trousers completely-run them through a few times with just water in the washing gizmo. Take a water only shower and hopefully you have a hand-held shower attachment. Rinse your genitals completely. Lift your balls and get the water washing over them. Once through air dry yourself. Do not use a towel! A towel would have soap and perfume residue which may be a cause of your itch. I am unable to use certain detergents due to allergies-my skin will break out. The same happens with certain soaps.

If all of this fails, visit a doctor and have them run some tests. If the problem only occurs when wearing clothes, you may want to consider a naturist lifestyle. Seriously, I wish you luck on figuring this one out.

SpeedoMike

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
seems like you've done the right things. are you wearing cotton underwear? it's better than synthetics which don't wick the moisture away. may be worth seeing your doctor. you may need a prescription strength medication.

hope you get it cleared up real soon.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You seem to have ruled out all but the most obvious...GO TO A DOCTOR!!! It's probably a surface yeast or bacterial infection which will need to be treated with an antibiotic. :cool:

Do try and remember everything you're using from soaps and conditioners to detergents and lubes.

When I was a kid the people who make Tide changed something in it and I developed an allergy to it. Since then, I've had to use hypoallergenic detergents with no dyes/perfumes. It's kinder to my boys and the clothes.

I'd also suggest using a very gentle body wash rather than soap. MSNBC held a physician panel where they looked for the best skin products on the market and they found these products were superior. You may want to try those. The Dove body wash is wonderful stuff.

Gold Bond medicated powder is good for after showers but make sure you're completely dry down there before you apply it. Use a handheld hair dryer on low/no heat and be sure to get in all the crevices. Refrain from shaving your pubes if you do that. Shaving's very irritating even under the best of circumstances.

Good luck with this! Itchy nads are awful.

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A lot of dudes have itchy pubes man. It's nothing abnormal. In the summer my junk itches all the time, especially when i've been outside playing sports, i know some of my friends are the same way. The trick is not scrathing it because then it only itches more. Try buying looser pants. A doctor probably isn't going to tell you much except to stop scratching it and possibly offer you some overpriced cream or lotion that probably won't work all that great...but if it's so bad as to where you're irritating your skin, maybe you should see a doc and see if there is actually something wrong.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I get itchy in the summer as well. I went to a doctor and he gave some stuff that didn't help at all. Then I remembered what we used on our daughter to cure and prevent diaper rash. Penaten cream with zinc oxide clears it right up. If it's gentle enough of a baby, I don't think it's going to harm your junk.

You can get it or a similar product at drug stores.

D_Harvey_Dipstique

Experimental Member
Media
some good advice so far, thanks. would an allergin to detergent or soap not cause the same effect on other places of my body? sometimes it feels very uncomforable...almost a raw feeling. do you think shaving or not shaving would have any effect?

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
shaving will make it worse, and it probably feels raw because you scratch it so much. just keep your hands off your junk for a few days, and make sure you shower when you wake up

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
hey guys...this is prolly a stupid post, but i have a question. do any of you suffer from a very itchy pubic region?

You may have a mild fungal infection -- the same common fungus is responsible for a number of medical conditions including jock itch (which you've said you've ruled out) but also folliculitis, dermatophytosis, and fungal nail infection.

If that's the case, the good news is that it's easily treated, but that traditional over-the-counter medications aren't likely to do the job well. If you can't bring yourself to seek professional medical advice, consider at least applying tea tree oil full strength to the region (be careful not to let it near the urethra), before you change clothes. Tea tree oil is a natural antifungal agent that's usually well-tolerated.

cjsport

Just Browsing
Media
A lot of dudes have itchy pubes man. It's nothing abnormal. In the summer my junk itches all the time, especially when i've been outside playing sports, i know some of my friends are the same way. The trick is not scrathing it because then it only itches more. Try buying looser pants. A doctor probably isn't going to tell you much except to stop scratching it and possibly offer you some overpriced cream or lotion that probably won't work all that great...but if it's so bad as to where you're irritating your skin, maybe you should see a doc and see if there is actually something wrong.

Agree!

BiItalianBro

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I get that too during the summer. Don't have much to add other than the advice listed above other than put some unscented gold bond powder down there before you play outdoors....it helps with my itching allot.

Grindin

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was about to shave my pubes but decided against it because of how bad it would itch. Just trimming around my pubes makes me constantly itch, it's ridiculous