My Life as a Post Whore

D

deleted3782

In the three years I've been here, I've tried to contribute to this site on a thoughtful and deliberate basis. I've carefully weighed whether I really needed to respond to a post or not, and would choose to not add my thoughts if my perspective had generally been covered by someone else. Quality over quantity! Silly counting theads and smiley faces? bah!

Recent announcements here have encouraged me to look at the forum in a new way. The reward system is set up to ecourage three kinds of citizens. First is a paying citizens, who has long been recognized as a Gold Member. Second is a posting citizen, rewarding "all members with 1,000 to reward those who contribute the most to LPSG." Third is photo/video citizen, rewarding "those who verify their identity with a photo or video." All good stuff and all very generous of Rob!

So I want to be a good citizen! Since I'm not a paying member, and since I'm not willing to have a clear image of myself holding a mugshot sign in front of me, nor do I want to show my dick...then I have become a temporary post whore.

Some observations:
1. Its a lot of work to be a post whore! I have a newfound respect for the amount of time it takes to keep up with the "Count to 25,000" thread and others like it.
2. I enjoyed interaction with folks I don't normally interact with in the chat room or in Etc Etc. Some nice people, glad to be having fun on threads that I normally dont frequent.
3. I've made a point to welcome new members. We all should do that more often.
4. I've gotten a few recent friends requests from total strangers. Getting my name out there has been good for making new friends.
5. I've gotten a little bit of pushback on being a post whore, but I think most realize I've been here for years, and know this is a temporary position. It does give me some insights to the flack real post whores must get...

Those are my observations for the short term, maybe more later. Gotta run, a whore's work is never done...:cool:

D_Roland_D_Hay

Account Disabled
Media
I gotta agree with rec...a post whore does not waste time on threads like this...now are we gonna continue counting to 25K or post the first word that comes to mind?

BTW..someone made me aware that I am close to 5k posts the other day-however, i am denial about being a post whore!

D

deleted3782

I always appreciate advice from two experts! I strive to be temporarily as whorish as either of you! :rolleyes:

D

deleted3782

Rec...sure. But you seem to be the man to beat, at 4,804 posts... ouch!

D

deleted3782

Are you Queen of de Nile? Does numbers taunt you? Whats his post count?

B_dumbcow

Experimental Member
Media
MoooOOOoooOove aside - post-whore coming through :tongue:

:redface: Why can't I freeze the post count

You can get to 1000! Just over 100 to go :dance:

D

deleted3782

MoooOOOoooOove aside - post-whore coming through :tongue:

:redface: Why can't I freeze the post count

You can get to 1000! Just over 100 to go :dance:
The counter is certainly mooovin' on up!

D

deleted3782

No queen here...his post count is over 4k (but he hasn't been a member for as long as I have)

Hmm, well then we can tell where the whoredom comes from in that family :smile: