My long time best friend

Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Yeah, I knew what I wanted, I knew how to get it - but I was afraid I would be rejected. You see, I had known Cara since I was five years old. We had gone through pre-school, elementary, middle and high school together. We built a friendship that not even the biggest shard of glass could deflate. Cara, had always been there for me - she had been there when I was in my ups, and my downs. I, being the nerdy kid in the school, was always picked on - quite naturally, and Cara had stood up for me everytime I was being treated as an inferrior classmate. Eventually, she and I would loose touch because of college.

All my years in college I spent wondering how my best friend was doing - I wondered what ran through her head as she studied. I remembered of all the fun and bonding we had experienced. I remembered that after our high school graduation she had been invited to a kick-ass party - but I, of course, was not invited. She said we would just say we were dating each other, so that I could attend the party with her. The party was such a great experience, you see, I never knew what went on at a party full of the "cool" kids. Cara and I had a few drinks that day, but not enough to get us drunk...just tipsy. On the walk home, she revealed to me about her going to another college. She said that she did not tell me earlier because she was afraid that she would hurt me - but of course I did not make her believe that; even though, deep down inside, I was crying. As our walk home continued, we spoke of all the fun time we had together; and how much we would miss each other. As we both reached the midpoint between her house and mine; we said our goodbyes. As I stood there watching her walk away from me, I wish I had told her that I had been in love with her for the longest time. As her figured dissapeared into the darkness, I knew I would never find someone as amazing as she.

On the day of her departure, I had promised to see her at the airport. Of course, I would fail at accomplishing my promise. I was engaged in this project I had been working for a long time; and lost track of time. By the time I arrived at the airport, her plane had already departed. I gave her a call to her cell, but my call was never returned - I assumed that I had hurt her, and she did not wish to hear from me again.

I had finally graduated college, and my hope of ever seeing Cara was lost; I knew I would never see her again. I would eventually get married, and have but one child. As the years passed by, my wife would die of a stroke; and my son would die in a car accident - I was now the lonely man I had been destined to be ever since I was young. I missed my wife, I missed my son - I had nothing to live for. This all happened when I was forty-five years old.

Ten years had passed, and I had been on many dates since I wanted to re-start my life - I wanted to meet another Cara. Of course, being the old man I was then, I had no luck. I had finally given up, there was no reason to try and find a woman if I knew my chances were slim. I felt good though, I had accomplished much more than I had expected.

Over the years I had become an avid photographer. I had made some friends at the local photo store. My friend Bob and I had made plans to throw this party for New Years one day when I was up in the store. Everything sounded great! I was rather excited to throw a New Years party with him and friends. Once we had concluded our conversation, I had to leave to finish some extra chores. As I exited the photo store, I saw a face I recognized. The face looked at me, and smiled - it was Cara. We ran towards each other and huged - and kissed each other on the cheek. In the spot, we made plans to have lunch to catch up.

Over lunch, we spoke of the stuff we had experienced, and how life was going for each other. Appearantly, Cara had been married to a guy she had been dating ever since the night after the graduation party. She told me of how great a guy he was, and how he missed him so. I then brought up that I had called her the day she left, becuse I had missed her flight. She did not recall of me calling her, she told me she never heard the phone ring, or the message I had left her. With that, we both wondered what could've happened. I had then invited her to the New Years party that Bob and I had been planning, and she agreed to attend. I was overly excited that I was going to have my best friend, and lost love, with me again! I could hardly wait to see her again.

The night of the party had arrived, and I waited for Cara to show up. As I waited, I told Bob all about her, and about how much I had wished I had told her how I felt about her. Bob told me that I should tell her now, if I stil have feeling for her of course, that it is never too late to pursue a lost love. The doorbell rang, and as I opened the door there stood Cara. She was wearing a black dress, with a steep V-neck and spagehtti straps. The dress was adorned with texturized fabric that gave the dress elegance. Her eyes had a tin line of eye line and her hair was up in a elegant looking bun. Her lips were a red that only a few women could get away with. The rest was natural - and rather astonishing.

As the party begun, we all had the food we had prepared, had our drinks, and did the countdown to the new year. We all celebrated until three in the morning. As Bob left, he gave me a wink and told me to go get her - I winked back. Cara and I were now alone, and I could not keep my eyes off hers. I could no longer take it, but I had to take it easy - so I did. We both sat in my living room and spoke of how great the party was, and I told her a little about the guests she had meet. After two and half hours of chit chat, she told me that she had to retire herself from my house. As she was about to exit, I took grasp of her arm and told her I wanted to tell her something. She looked at me with a surprised and confused look, and agreed to stay a while longer. I took her to my back porch, as the sun was starting to rise. We both admirred the warm, orangy glow the sun gave as it awakened. I swallowed all my fears in, and I finally told her the following:

"Cara, for as long as I could remember I have found you to be the most wonderful woman that God has ever created. I admire his craftmanship when he shaped your face. I admire the delicate nose he gave you, your deep honey eyes that change color when you are about to cry. I admire the way your cheeks rise up, and form a little ball when you laugh. I admire the way your hair is caressed by the wind. Oh, and your breath the perfumes the air with the scent of sweet apples. How one of Solomon's songs would express "Thy breasts, clusters of grapes". Your divine elegance, that makes the moon envy you. Your curves, that only Poseidon wishes he could create. I love the way you passyourself around - so true, so real. Your anger, so raw - yet so right. Your intelligence, that even your Creator can't understand. I dream about you and I being one. I dream about you and sharing our heartbeat. As a poet once said, I feel so close to you that when you close your eyes, I fall asleep. You are what every man wishes a woman could be - you are the woman that no one thought could exist. Hades would not dare set a finger on you; you are much to grand. The bottomline, Cara, is that I love you."

As tears rolled down her face, with the smallest hint of a smile she leaned onto me, and kissed me. We looked at each other and kissed once more. She told me that she wished I had told her this earlier, for she too felt the same about me. She had fallen in love with me the second we meet. And she told me, that she did recieve my phone call, but that she was afraid she would blurt out her true feelings and I would abandon her. As her tears keept on running I ever so softly wiped them off her pretty face. We kissed passionately. As we headed inside we both started taking each other's clothes off until we were in our birth suit. She lay on the coffee table, as I gazed into her - and as I made my way inside her. Her eyes widened and her body trembled as I penetrated her. I then kissed her eyes, and worked myself down to her breasts, wich I kissed all around. As I started penetrating her faster and faster she let out moans and tiny "I love you"'s. Our bodies caressed each other as our minds were in pure ecstasy and passion. Our body's creted friction that we were both perspiring. As we both were about to reach Nirvana, we kissed - until finally we both let out cries of pleasure. We then retired to my bed and cuddled until we fell asleep.

Cara and I would get married three months later. We both had finally reached our high point in our lives. We both grew old, and we both would die together in each other's arms in our sleep.

mciguy78

Just Browsing
Media
Oh, barf !

Only kidding - very sweet and romantic.

You always hear or see situations where a disagreement or misunderstanding occurs, one person leaves, and an opportunity is lost. Does that happen in real life? If something is so important, wouldn't you think a person would make at least a couple of efforts to reach out again? Maybe it's just because it's fiction, and there often wouldn't be a story without that angst ...

Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Oh, barf !

Only kidding - very sweet and romantic.

You always hear or see situations where a disagreement or misunderstanding occurs, one person leaves, and an opportunity is lost. Does that happen in real life? If something is so important, wouldn't you think a person would make at least a couple of efforts to reach out again? Maybe it's just because it's fiction, and there often wouldn't be a story without that angst ...

I think that sometimes people are afraid of reaching out because of rejectment. In the case of this story, Cara was already dating someone - and it was the begining of that relationship. So, if indeed she had reached out, not only would she have to deal with the idea of rejectment, but also with the guilt of reaching out whilst she was in a new relationship.

Anyway, thanks for the compliment!