My moan about LPSG

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
But before I continue, allow me to explain that whenever there's an argument about LPSG's devotion to principles and to freedom, all one has to do is point out that when someone bends knee to LPSG's non-negotiable demands, it pushes and pushes for more. That should settle the argument pretty quickly.

DaveyR would have us believe that unfounded attacks on character, loads of hyperbole, and fallacious information are the best way to make a point. Not surprisingly, his evidence for that absolutely overweening claim is top-heavy with anonymous sources and, to put it mildly, he has a checkered track record for accuracy. I assert it would be more accurate for DaveyR to say that he is typical of viperine blowhards in his wild invocations to the irrational, the magic, and the fantastic to dramatize his hastily mounted campaigns. He says he's not virulent but he's indeed selfish and that's essentially the same thing. If you think about it, there is no doubt that DaveyR will paralyze any serious or firm decision and thereby become responsible for the weak and half-hearted execution of even the most necessary measures sooner or later. Believe me, I would give everything I own to be wrong on that point, but the truth is that if you look back over some of my older posts, you'll see that I predicted that DaveyR would quote me out of context.

Trapped by the cognitive dissonance engendered by hard evidence and common sense, LPSG feels obligated to destroy our moral fiber in an audacious attempt to justify its grievances. [...] So, sorry for being so long-winded in this letter, but LPSG is willing -- even eager -- to jettison its scruples in order to stay ahead of the pack.

Fortunately, most readers don't fall for this fraud because they know that DaveyR's bruta fulmina can be subtle. They can be so subtle that many people never realize they're being influenced by them. That's why we must proactively notify humanity that perhaps one day we will live in a world where good people are not troubled by fear of uneducated insurrectionists. Until that day arrives, however, we must spread the word that I want to take stock of what we know, identify areas for further research, and provide a useful starting point for debate on DaveyR's wrongheaded convictions. That may seem simple enough, but we can and we must protect ourselves by any means necessary against the malign bestiality of wicked whiners. The sooner he comes to grips with that reality, the better for all of us.

If you want to get more insight into DaveyR's mentality, though, then study the details of his ebullitions. Try to see the big picture: It will amaze you. It will take your breath away. And it will convince you that no one -- except DaveyR, so high on his own hallucinations that he believes them to be real -- can seriously believe that those who disagree with him should be cast into the outer darkness, should be shunned, should starve.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
DaveyR would have us believe that unfounded attacks on character, loads of hyperbole, and fallacious information are the best way to make a point. Not surprisingly, his evidence for that absolutely overweening claim is top-heavy with anonymous sources and, to put it mildly, he has a checkered track record for accuracy. I assert it would be more accurate for DaveyR to say that he is typical of viperine blowhards in his wild invocations to the irrational, the magic, and the fantastic to dramatize his hastily mounted campaigns. He says he's not virulent but he's indeed selfish and that's essentially the same thing. If you think about it, there is no doubt that DaveyR will paralyze any serious or firm decision and thereby become responsible for the weak and half-hearted execution of even the most necessary measures sooner or later. Believe me, I would give everything I own to be wrong on that point, but the truth is that if you look back over some of my older posts, you'll see that I predicted that DaveyR would quote me out of context.

Fortunately, most readers don't fall for this fraud because they know that DaveyR's bruta fulmina can be subtle. They can be so subtle that many people never realize they're being influenced by them. That's why we must proactively notify humanity that perhaps one day we will live in a world where good people are not troubled by fear of uneducated insurrectionists. Until that day arrives, however, we must spread the word that I want to take stock of what we know, identify areas for further research, and provide a useful starting point for debate on DaveyR's wrongheaded convictions. That may seem simple enough, but we can and we must protect ourselves by any means necessary against the malign bestiality of wicked whiners. The sooner he comes to grips with that reality, the better for all of us.

If you want to get more insight into DaveyR's mentality, though, then study the details of his ebullitions. Try to see the big picture: It will amaze you. It will take your breath away. And it will convince you that no one -- except DaveyR, so high on his own hallucinations that he believes them to be real -- can seriously believe that those who disagree with him should be cast into the outer darkness, should be shunned, should starve.

How very dare you? :eek:

To my many friends, both known and unknown, wherever you may be, I submit these thoughts for your consideration. Read on, gentle reader, and hear what I have to say. We cannot allow subhuman, flagitious twaddlers to pass unnoticed. I'll probably devote a separate letter to that topic alone, but for now, I'll simply summarize by stating that Mindseye is right about one thing, namely that fear is what motivates us. Fear of what it means when raffish, stinking brutes play fast and loose with the truth. Fear of what it says about our society when we teach our children that there should be publicly financed centers of heathenism. And fear of childish mouthpieces for licentious sensationalism like Mindseye who promote neopaganism's traits as normative values to be embraced.
To be honest, Mindseye has spent untold hours trying to reinforce the concept of collective guilt that is the root of all prejudice. During that time, did it ever once occur to it that its favorite scapegoats are the government, the economy, the environment, society, parents, teachers, and just about everything else? The best answer comes from Mindseye itself. That is, if you pay attention to its harebrained ultimata you'll indubitably notice that all Mindseye really wants is to hang onto the perks it's getting from the system. That's all it really cares about.
Shame on Mindseye for thinking that people like you and me are infantile! Mindseye has already begun giving rise to insecure pompous-types. I wish I were joking but I'm not. What's more, Mindseye managed to convince a bunch of shabby, conceited lowlifes to help it achieve total world domination. What was the quid pro quo there? If you need help in answering that question, you may note that today, we might have let it make it virtually impossible to fire incompetent workers. Tomorrow, we won't. Instead, we will shatter the illusion that ebola, AIDS, mad-cow disease, and the hantavirus were intentionally bioengineered by ornery scroungers for the purpose of population reduction. Now that this letter is over, I pray that my logic and passion have convinced you that Mindseye's brinkmanship and tin-rattling is aimed at prodding the government into sanctioning its attempts to marginalize dissident voices.

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
...all Mindseye really wants is to hang onto the perks it's getting from the system. That's all it really cares about.

If there's one thing that can be said about the mods at this site, it's that they have a distinct lack of gender. :rolleyes: