My mom and son were in a car accident this afternoon(m)

MidwestGal

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
talk about making my heart jump out of my chest. They are both okay.

Some idiot behind my mom tried to pass her on the right shoulder of a highway in a rural town, she had slowed down because the person in front of her was turning left. They were maybe hit at 25-30 mph on the passenger side of the car. Only damage was to the door. She said it didn't even jar the car hardly.

They were on their way to visit my mom's best friend. I am just thankful they are okay. Other than the annoyance to my mom for getting her car fixed!

I also did sign up for internet when I move so, I will be around for a while longer!

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Glad everybody's okay, dear. Last month my son and his wife were rear-ended on the way home from a NASCAR race and their minivan was totalled. They, too, were uninjured.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
talk about making my heart jump out of my chest. They are both okay.

Some idiot behind my mom tried to pass her on the right shoulder of a highway in a rural town, she had slowed down because the person in front of her was turning left. They were maybe hit at 25-30 mph on the passenger side of the car. Only damage was to the door. She said it didn't even jar the car hardly.

They were on their way to visit my mom's best friend. I am just thankful they are okay. Other than the annoyance to my mom for getting her car fixed!

I also did sign up for internet when I move so, I will be around for a while longer!
TG, I'm glad it didn't injure anyone. I'm sorry your family had to deal with the stress (and expense) of some idiot's bad judgement!

PaulF

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Pleased your family are ok! someone must have been watching over them :smile:

MidwestGal

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
thanks for all of the concern. My mom has all their information/insurance and police report. I got a call back from her best friend which they were going to visit for the weekend and she talked to me until they arrived.

I could hear my son telling her the car was hit, they had to wait for the police man and stuff. LOL, he was excited telling her all this. Only damage is to the door and mom's friend said it didn't look that bad, just doesn't open!

I'm just happy they are okay and my son didn't seem shaken up at all. He is a happy go lucky kid always has been.

Tank30

Expert Member
Media
Glad to know they are ok. They have that saying "things come in 3" Well one time my Dad, my Sis, and me all were involved in seperate car accidents all in the same week. Kind of freaky.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Glad everybody's okay, dear. Last month my son and his wife were rear-ended on the way home from a NASCAR race and their minivan was totalled. They, too, were uninjured.
Yikes! I'm glad they were uninjured, but it's scary being in an accident where your car is totalled.

PHEW!!!
My heart was thumping when I read the title!!! :eek:
Glad everyone is OK!!:smile:
Bloody scary though :cool:
My heart was in my throat as well I can't believe I missed this last week. I'm just glad everyone is okay. Little kids are so resilient . . thank God! He probably thought it was a neat adventure.