my mom had a heart attack this morning

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
mahalo kris. luckily, i take things like this well. it hasn't bothered me or anything. but i am gonna get my cholesterol checked. high cholesterol runs in her side of the family. it has nothing to do with their diet, it's all genetics. so i'm hoping i'll be fine.

but fuck, i don't have insurance cause my boss is a dick...is there anywhere that'll check that for like, free or way cheap?

D

deleted3782

I'm glad they caught it early. My mom came close to having a heart attack while on a treadmill as they measured her heart health. They asked her to step off the machine, and immediately prepped her for a triple bypass, which she had an hour later. But she got 110% better, just like I'm sure your mom will. Its scary, but at least they caught it. My family is highly prone to heart attacks, all my uncles were dead before they hit 50.

Baseballfan155

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Man, that is a scary feeling. My mom thought she had a stroke once because she had such severe migranes for a long time. Like...to the point she couldn't blink it was so bad.

Anyway, glad to hear she is going to be fine.

camper joe

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
mahalo kris. luckily, i take things like this well. it hasn't bothered me or anything. but i am gonna get my cholesterol checked. high cholesterol runs in her side of the family. it has nothing to do with their diet, it's all genetics. so i'm hoping i'll be fine.

but fuck, i don't have insurance cause my boss is a dick...is there anywhere that'll check that for like, free or way cheap?

First I am glad your mom is ok.

If you check with your local health dept. they often provide such services for free or at least at a discount price.

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
mahalo for the love guys! i just got back from visiting her. they don't know when she'll released for sure. they're checking her cardio enzymes every 2-3 hours.

also, i found out i can get a check up on campus for only 5 dollars

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
mahalo for more love peoples! aloha pecker and naughty! glad to see familiar face. i'm handling it well. i dunno about my brother chad though. he's never been the kine guy to share anything. i mean, i know she's not his biological mom and all, but i know he considers her to be his real mom.

i think what made me the most mad was how my boss reacted. first i called my store, yah? my big boss wasn't there, so i spoke to the second in command. i told him how my mom had a heart attack and, as next of kin, i had to be available. i called out at 11am, and wasn't due for work until 4pm. so, mr. jennings was all "no, i'm not dealing with this. you have to call mr. m on his cell"

so, i call mr. m (my big boss) on his cell. i told him i couldn't make it to work because my mom had a heart attack. his first reaction was "call the store, i'm not working today" i told him jennings tol me to call him. then, mr. m was all "you've been calling out a lot lately"

well, yes, i did call out two days like, 2-3 weeks ago. but i had larengitis (i killed that word...) i came in that wednesday with no voice and a nasty cough. they made me go inside the cooler and freezer multiple times, which gave me a fever. before i left that night, i was told, word for word, "you are not allowed to call out tomorrow. we need you here," which i believe is illegal. so, i called out thursday and friday since i still had a fever friday. it would have been nice to be able to see a doctor, but my old boss took away my benefits, and my new boss, mr. m, did nothing to help restore them. i don't mind working when i'm sick, but i refuse to work with a fever. when i was 6, i had a fever spike to 107 and i went through a seizure.

but, i digress. so, i told him that i'm next of kin, and i just can't make it to work today in case, god forbid, something goes wrong, yah? he then had the audacity to say "look, i know you said your mom had a heart attack, but you really need to think about the store"

first off, in my opinion, he's saying he doesn't believe me when i said my mom had a heart attack. and, more importantly, how the fuck you gonna tell me that the fucking store is more important than my mother? and this company has been dicking me around all fucking year. this tuesday, i'm not only calling corporate, i'm going to call one of my old customers who used to be the assistant state attorney.

sorry for the novel haha. just wanted to vent a bit. any advice or comments about what has been happening with soviet walgreens will be much appreciated in addition to well wishings for my mom

got_lost

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have no idea about Walgreens but your boss is certainly a dick!

I'm so glad she got the stents in quickly and I am positive she'll make a speedy recovery!

Best wishes to you both!

And yes... call corporate about that dickhead!