my mom had a heart attack this morning

crescendo69

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm glad you have cheap health care at the college. Unfortunately, cholesterol-lowering medications, called statens, are not cheap. But many companies have programs for low-income families or individuals. I receive three medications free through the Mercke and Pfizer companies because I filled out some forms and sent financial statements and doctor's prescriptions. This saves me $1,000 a year.

I hope your mother gets well, soon, and your job situation clears up.

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I have no idea about Walgreens but your boss is certainly a dick!

I'm so glad she got the stents in quickly and I am positive she'll make a speedy recovery!

Best wishes to you both!

And yes... call corporate about that dickhead!

oh brah, it goes beyond this current boss. it started with a store manager that was switched out at my old store. every few years, store managers are rotated. now, we all knew that my new manager at my old store, carvajal, only received that store because he was good friends with the DM. he was "promoted" to a 24-hour store, which means his bonus would be bigger.

also, the doc was saying that she made it in the 3 hour time frame, so there was minimal damage, which is good.

if anyone wants to know how bad i've been dicked around by this company, send me a PM and i'll send you a convo i had with a friend detailing what i've been through since carcajal took over my old store.

I'm glad you have cheap health care at the college. Unfortunately, cholesterol-lowering medications, called statens, are not cheap. But many companies have programs for low-income families or individuals. I receive three medications free through the Mercke and Pfizer companies because I filled out some forms and sent financial statements and doctor's prescriptions. This saves me $1,000 a year.

I hope your mother gets well, soon, and your job situation clears up.

mahalo for the well wishes! if, on the off-chance i do have elevated cholesterol, i prolly won't need the meds. i could lower it through natural means. green tea (my grandma was born in okinawa, and she can get me the real stuff. she just sent me a case of bancha, which is the tea that japanese drink during autumn.) and oatmeal is also very good for lowering cholesterol. luckily, my mom's mom's family doesn't have high cholesterol, they actually have very low. and my biological dad and his entire family have extremely strong cardiovascular systems. so, even though it's possible, i don't think i'm gonna have heart issues. but i am gonna get checked just in case

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Nothing minor about a heart attack. I hope everything will be okay for you. That realy sucks. I hope for the best for you and your family. :wink:

well, i mean like, as minor as it can be. she made it in that time frame (that i didn't even know existed) so the damage was minimal according to the doc. and thanks for the well wishes :smile:

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
Check around. There are free or reduced price screenings offered several times a year around here. Check and see if any of the hospitals have health fairs with screenings. Check and see if the local health clinic does them.

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
i just got back home a little while ago from visiting my mom. she's still in ICU. her cardiac enzymes are starting to go down, which is a good sign. however, her white blood count is 14,000 and she has a fever of 104. so, that means she's either fighting an infection she got at the hospital, or she's fighting the stents that were put inside her

nakedwally

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
it was very minor. they had to put two stents in her arteries, but she'll be fine. they said she'll be home in about 3-4 days
Oh I am sorry to hear, my prayers and thoughts go out to you and your mother I hope she recovers soon, take good care of her

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
she's only 48 brah. she's way sketched, along with her sister and her mother, because women in her family don't live very long. her mom seems to be an exception. my grandma is turning 69 in january. but my grandma's sister died kinda young too. as did her mom. so they're all really sketched. my aunt was so upset that she had to get my cousin to drive her to the hospital.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
she's only 48 brah. she's way sketched, along with her sister and her mother, because women in her family don't live very long. her mom seems to be an exception. my grandma is turning 69 in january. but my grandma's sister died kinda young too. as did her mom. so they're all really sketched. my aunt was so upset that she had to get my cousin to drive her to the hospital.

That's very young as far as moms go. Hopefully they will fix her up and she will be well soon.

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
mahalo for all the love guys!

and yah, i hope they fix her up quickly, too. my grandma said that the doc said if she had gotten to the hospital like, 10-12 minutes later, she would have died.

also, when she gets out, she's gonna have to go on this medication for at least a year. if she doesn't take it, or takes it improperly, something will happen with the stents and the artery will close, causing a massive heart attack. the doc is getting the family some literature that i can scope out tomorrow when i visit her after work.

speakin of work, i don't give a shit if my relief doesn't get there on time, i'm leaving at 4pm on the dot. i'm sick of being the one who alway comes in on time (actually, i usually get there 15 minutes early) and everyone else can just fuckin leave. but when i work my morning shift on sunday (i'm supposed to be working just mornings...like i said, my company has been fuckin dicking with me really bad) people fuckin come in whenever they want, and i'm usually leaving around 4:45, which is not fair to me

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
i wish i could update you guys tonight, but my fuckin manager is a fuckin prick.

i asked to leave 15 minutes early because visiting hours end at 4:30 on sundays, yah? he said no, because there were boxes left from the truck that needed to go up. so, 4 rolls around, which was when i was supposed to leave. i asked to go, but he said no because regina hadn't come in yet. it's fucked up, everyone else gets to duck out before i get there when i close. but if i'm opening (which, in all honesty, i should be doing every day i work since i'm the head of my department) i have to fuckin wait for them. so, regina gets there about 4:15. and the hospital is like, 20 minutes from where i work, yah?. well, i ended up missing visiting hours

rickygNOLA

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
i really hope your mom is doing better.

i am a former employee of the american heart association. i workded in health initiatives at the time and we had several free screenings per year throughout the region. call your local AHA office. i think probably the closest for you is ft lauderdale @ (954) 772-8100‎. they should be happy to tell you about the next screening healthfair. and they usually cover all your risk factors and best of all, as i said earlier, it's FREE!

Last edited:

college777

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Coventry, Rhode Island, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
i bet your mom will end up having to take a medication called plavix for a year. It is simple to take 1 tab per day if that is the one. If she follows the doctors orders I am sure she will be fine. You are absolutely smart to get checked early, I developed high blood pressure at an early age from genetics

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
my dad said my mom said the doctor might let her come home tomorrow. her G.I. was concerned she's not eating, so they need to monitor that. i talked to her today. she was alert and had her normal voice back, so i'm glad