my mom's status

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'm glad to hear that she is well enough to come home. I'm gonna send some good vibes thru the Florida air so that she is 100% well soon.

I'm so happy that she was home for Thanksgiving. :biggrin1:

mahalo bruddah, but you know that nothing positive can go through the air down here :biggrin1:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm glad she's home after such a harrowing experience. :smile: I think I'll hedge my bets and keep praying for her just a little while longer though.

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'm glad she's home after such a harrowing experience. :smile: I think I'll hedge my bets and keep praying for her just a little while longer though.

mahalo auntie :smile:

Glad to hear that she is better and back home. I hope she will continue
to improve and be completely well soon.......Good thoughts and prayers
for you both....

mahalo brah. it means a lot to me. she's starting for walk around the development we live in

Glad to hear that she is back home again and doing better.

mahalo to you too, auntie nala

much ohana, bro

mahalo, i think? i'm trying for figure out why you're saying much family?

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
mahalo, i think? i'm trying for figure out why you're saying much family?

much family love, energy, joy -- the way I understood the word, it refers to the radiant energy and well-being of and warmth of family love

so, yes, it means family, but not as restricted as the English word does

(and I may be wrong; one of my first nights there, the roomies asked me to go the nearest food market with a grocery list that included "hana butter":mad:)

so what I'm saying is much family love and joy

Last edited:

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
much family love, energy, joy -- the way I understood the word, it refers to the radiant energy and well-being of and warmth of family love

so, yes, it means family, but not as restricted as the English word does

(and I may be wrong; one of my first nights there, the roomies asked me to go the nearest food market with a grocery list that included "hana butter":mad:)

so what I'm saying is much family love and joy

ohana and hana are two different words brah. but, mahalo for the thoughts :biggrin1: aloha nui loa (basically can mean "much love")

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
yah, brah!

the "hana butter" was the joke they (my roomies) pulled on me as a dumb haole

what I was saying is, I may have misunderstood the "ohana" thing, and the way that was explained to me (by one of the hot babes I dated)

but, cool

bombei!

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Like Northland says... insurance companies try to get you out of the hospital fast because statistics show that the longer you are in the hospital, the higher the likelihood of you getting some kind of infection or other complication. ( which costs them more )

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Like Northland says... insurance companies try to get you out of the hospital fast because statistics show that the longer you are in the hospital, the higher the likelihood of you getting some kind of infection or other complication. ( which costs them more )

insurance companies disgust me. at my old store, i'd work in the pharmacy for cover some peoples. i'd have for deal with them sometimes, and they piss me off thinking they are docs and being all "we don't feel this drug is necessary"

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
insurance companies disgust me. at my old store, i'd work in the pharmacy for cover some peoples. i'd have for deal with them sometimes, and they piss me off thinking they are docs and being all "we don't feel this drug is necessary"

Insurance companies don't care about the patients, only how much money they can make off of the patients. I had to switch blood pressure medication because my insurance would no longer cover the medicine I was on. Luckily, there is a very similar drug (in the same drug class) made by another company that the insurance would cover.

I have a lot of problems with my back because of a car accident I was in a few years ago. I was having problems that flared up, I went back to my spine doctor who wanted an MRI and a CT scan. The insurance would cover the MRI, but not the CT. The doctor finally got the insurance to cover the CT scan, but it took over a month for them to get permission to do the test.

Insurance is a total scam!

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Insurance is a total scam!

they are bruddah! and it's sad, and it's disgusting. like i said, they have peoples whose only education were the GED classes they took before getting their GED, yah? yet these peoples are "qualified" for making medical decisions by having the nerve for say "we don't think john doe really needs this medication/CT scan/whatever other medical thing you can put here"

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
she's doing really well bruddah. and please peoples, call me nix or nixxy :biggrin1: no need for being way formal, yah?

shes only 116 lbs. right now though. and that's extremely low for her, because she's got big bones and she used for be muscle. she used for be one gymnast before she hurt her back like, 10 years ago or so. as thin as she stay right now, she keep eating everything. which is good, but it's the steroids making her eat like that. she's on a lot of medications. even better news, as bummer as it is, they believe she has something called addson's disease. i say it's good because all year she's been in and out of the hospital (which lead to my suspension back in february..fuckin bastards...get this! we have this walgreens zine that comes every 2 months, yah? this one has an article on how good this company is for giving you time off when something happens to a family member haha...anyways!) and no one knew what was wrong. so it's nice for know they're goin in the right direction.

her doc found out the preliminary diagnosis from the hospital and was all "it all makes sense, everything fits!" i thought i was watching an episode of house haha. the only thing i'm pissed at is that she's smoking. i'm pissed because she shouldn't be, and also pissed because i hate smelling like it.

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
nix - that's great news that there is a diagnosis and now they can move forward with treatment specific to that. That's a good sign that she has an appetite and is eating.
The smoking thing though...not a good idea. Sorry to hear that. But thanks for the update and keep up posted.