My move...

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Where do I start.

I am moving to South Florida in two weeks and everything is a mess. I am so far behind where I should be. Today I am taking some clothing over to my parents house so they can donate it to a church.

Two weeks and I still may have to paint the apartment. It was painted about 3 years ago by the landlord, but I may have to paint it again according to my lease.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm sure it will all come together Mem. Make your self a list of everything that needs doing. Once you start ticking them all off then you'll get a boost and more inspiration.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm sure it will all come together Mem. Make your self a list of everything that needs doing. Once you start ticking them all off then you'll get a boost and more inspiration.

I already quit my job, so I have two full weeks to get my shit together.

The only time I ever moved before was out of my parents house, so it will be a big deal, but worth it.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Best of everything in the move Mem and remember to drive safely.

Thanks, the trailer information says that I should only go 45 MPH, but I doubt that I will go any slower than 55.

I have some things accomplished. I have a storage space reserved to put my stuff in when I get there. I also got a Mail Boxes Etc. address to have my mail forwarded.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
If I am permanently gone from here, I say goodbye and I will miss many of you, and If I am banned I hope someone starts an "I miss Mem" thread.

Last edited:

You'll be fine Mem. I don't doubt it. You have too much practicality not to land on your feet.

Have a great trip down and don't forget to look us up when you get there. It's nice to have someone familiar to talk to when you're in a new place.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You'll be fine Mem. I don't doubt it. You have too much practicality not to land on your feet.

Have a great trip down and don't forget to look us up when you get there. It's nice to have someone familiar to talk to when you're in a new place.

Thanks, I'm sure I'll be fine. At least that the story I'm sticking with.

Oh now why did you have to go and do that?? I just saw it. Honestly! :censored: Now you've gone and gotten yourself in trouble. I hope it's just a temp ban.

Yes you're practical but you also need to learn to know when to hang it up. And I mean that with all sincerity.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Oh now why did you have to go and do that?? I just saw it. Honestly! :censored: Now you've gone and gotten yourself in trouble. I hope it's just a temp ban.

Yes you're practical but you also need to learn to know when to hang it up. And I mean that with all sincerity.

I know, all for a joke. I even posted in the Pup thread that I did not want her to leave, I was just busting her chops. I know some people may dislike her, but I don't. I don't like her politics and I'm sure she does not like mine, and that's cool.

I know, all for a joke. I even posted in the Pup thread that I did not want her to leave, I was just busting her chops. I know some people may dislike her, but I don't. I don't like her politics and I'm sure she does not like mine, and that's cool.

Given the current climate here, you couldn't have picked a worse time for your alleged joke. THINK before you post. Now go get on with the packing and painting. As to that trailer speed limit, that's a liability thing. I would, however, stick with 55mph if you can to help with fuel economy. Don't go over 60 if you can help it.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have been very busy getting ready for my move. That is one of the reasons why I have not been posting much here, the other being the change in open discussion and freedom of expression.

Right now I am lying down on an air mattress. I have the computer hooked up to my LCD TV as a monitor. I have a mouse and keyboard attached so that I can do everything from here. Last night I threw out my bed and sofa, and an entertainment unit. This morning was bulk garbage pick up day.

I plan to leave Sunday morning and head for the Fort Lauderdale area. I plan on making it in two days. I will have a Uhaul trailer so I can't drive 80 MPH. I still have a lot of packing and cleaning to do.

I probably won't be posting much once my move starts. I think that Ft. Laud. has public Wifi. I used my laptop on the beach once, I don't know if the whole city is able to get it.

Last edited: