My MSN Hacked!?

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't know WTF is going on but I was on MSN just now. A message came up 'you have signed into MSN from another location'. I hadn't. I signed back in. Then it signed me out.

Now its saying my password is incorrect; its been changed!

So I'm really pissed off. Anyone know what it is? I have no idea how anyone could know my MSN password and there are no viruses or spyware or anything on teh computer.

Has this happened to anyone else!?

Thanks...I#'m really :mad::mad:

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Can you still log into your hotmail account of the same addy? If so you might be able to slide into your messenger through that method.

I have heard of this happening before. Try to get into contact with MSN if you can and see if they can help you iron this out.

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I can't login to the MSN site either. I tried to reset my password but my 'secret question' is my favourite teacher and he has a funny name that I've forgotten how to spell :mad:

I emailed MSN ten minutes ago, no reply.

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No I think the name is the same. I just can't spell it lol. It wasn't changed I don't think. Maybe its an error with MSN...

I'll tell them to check IP addresses anyway I've been on this one for a long time (at least this range)...that should tell them if anyone else is on my MSN.

I just changed all my other passwords now too :mad:

Now I'm off to get drunk. More input please? I can't be the only one...lol

Pumblechook

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Did you log on at a different location before and accidentally save the password there? library, computer lab, friend's house, etc? I've seen that happen to people before.

Since you already contacted MSN, that's the best route if it is a true hack attempt against you. If you can't (or MSN refuses to) recover it, you should be able to have the account completely deleted at least.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i never like MSN. Its garbage. The IM never worked well for me even on my new computer. Im thinking getting rid of windows completely. This will take some time. It can be done and will be done.:wink:

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
I agree with uncut and No_Strings - MSN is a piece of shit a real security questions are stupid. This used to happened to me from time to time when I used a work PC and a home PC - have you logged on anywhere else - work, friend's house, internet cafe and had a connection freeze or any reason to suspect you didn't log out fully. The most obvious explanation is that your account was logged on somewhere else - by you.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I agree with uncut and No_Strings - MSN is a piece of shit a real security questions are stupid. This used to happened to me from time to time when I used a work PC and a home PC - have you logged on anywhere else - work, friend's house, internet cafe and had a connection freeze or any reason to suspect you didn't log out fully. The most obvious explanation is that your account was logged on somewhere else - by you.
If Bill gates werent so fuckin' ugly i'd tell to suck my dick.:biggrin1:

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
You may have 2 versions of MSN Messenger running at the same time. If you've updated to a new version and did not delete the older version, that could be your problem.

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've uninstalled Messenger...or just deleted it from Program Files. I did check Task Manager and it wasn't running.

Anyway, its sorted now. My 'friend' (lol) knew the answer to my security question (high school) then changed my password to...COCKSMOKER. Classy...

I changed the security question to Favourite Historical Person. No one will ever get it.

Stupid security question! You should all change them :tongue:

At least it was a friend and not an..enemy :smile: