My New Aparment Photos

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_Austin Blue, Dec 9, 2008.

1. B_Austin Blue

B_Austin Blue New Member

Come see my new apartment. I saw the display suite back in late August and fell in love immediately with it and knew I had to live in this Italian inspired new complex.

My New Apartment. - a set on Flickr

2. CALAMBO

Gold Member

Albums:
    austin...great looking place in a high rise...very cool....may i ask the rent?....and are utiltys included?...and are the neighbors loud??//

3. B_Austin Blue

B_Austin Blue New Member

There's no rent because I'm a trust fund boy. I own it. But i know that similar size aparments in the complex rent for about CDN$1,200 per month without the utilities included. No my neighbours are great - there's a gay couple to my right who are wonderful and a single older korean suit and tie guy to my left.

4. B_Austin Blue

B_Austin Blue New Member

I'd never be able to afford to buy a place in Vancouver on my own. We have some of the most expensive real estate in the entire world!

I live in Coquitlam, right by Burnaby and I'm still a 30 minute train ride or drive into Vancouver downtown.

My apartment costs CDN$235,000 or about $640 per square foot based on 350 sq.feet of total living space.

Apartments in downtown Vancouver will cost an average of about $1,000 per sq. foot of living space. This is on par with London, Paris, New York, Milan etc.

5. CALAMBO

Gold Member

Albums:
    damn...very glad you are a trust fund guy...lucky for u...have been to VANCOUVER, several times, it is a heavenly place even in off season, this must be one of the most expensive city's in CANADA.

6. exwhyzee

Gold Member

Looks very hip and trendy. I wish folks would design stylish buildings like that around here...

7. Nala

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Looks like a real nice home. I like your pets as well, they look adorable. :wink:

8. Xcuze

Gold Member

Well it looks quite stylish but it doesnt look very homely. All that clear spacing, easy clean surfaces & simple furniture just reminds me of waiting rooms!

Shame your boyfriend doesnt share it with you, Austin. Is he still choosing to live 30km from you?

Thats one helluva hint! :wink:

cheers

9. B_Austin Blue

B_Austin Blue New Member

We're best apart. As you can maybe tell, I'm not an easy person to get along with, living with me isn't any easier. :tongue:

10. B_Austin Blue

B_Austin Blue New Member

BOFF Danish wall furniture systems is the system with the dark wood finish and the wall bed that folds up into the system during the day. Inform in Gastown, a store that sells mostly Italian furniture supplied the lighting fixtures, the wood floors are from Austria and are engineered hardwood Maple. The dining set is IKEA of Sweden.

I love modernist European design in both architecture and furnishings. I don't for the typical huge, heavy overstuffed sofas most stores sell, instead opting for clean lines, simple timeless design. Afterall good design is forever eternal, while bad design just stinks.:cool:

11. B_Austin Blue

B_Austin Blue New Member

I was reading in 'Vancouver' magazine Dec/08 issue that Vancouver has become a 'model city' for many who appreciate how well we have done it here. The complex I live in has nature walk areas thru the gardens and it has a real sense of purpose in design. Not just a huge building just shoved into the area and left to fend for itself.

It's the duty of the city you live in to take the time to plan communities that serve their citizens well so they can have a decent quality of life. Surrey, a city about 30 minutes from here is an example of bad urban planning, miles and miles of houses with no clear design concept in place, strip malls all over the place and you have to drive to get anywhere.

Draft saved Draft deleted