My new hobby...

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sweet looking ride! You said it's a hobby . . . what work does it need? I ask because the body looks like it just rolled off the assembly line.

Dorian_Gray

Cherished Member
Media
Sweet looking ride! You said it's a hobby . . . what work does it need? I ask because the body looks like it just rolled off the assembly line.

It needs a few interior trim pieces and some new leather seats. About 12-1500 bucks and it'll be 'vette show ready. I just got some new chrome valve covers from "Ecklers", so there's a start.

Reactions: GranadaGhia
M

Mr Ed in Mass

WOW, beautiful car!! good luck with it.

Honey123

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I recently came into some luck in finding a classic car i've been looking for: A 1976 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray. And in pretty damn good condition might I add.

Oh that second pic made my heart skip a beat and my mind wonder...

He was 6'7" tall, sweetest man ever, and he had a powder blue 72 stingray, and one night he let me drive under the condition I never tell any of our friends.

hypoc8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Nice car, best way to go, finding one that someone else has restored, a lot cheaper in the long run.

I still kick myself for selling my toy several years ago, '66 Impala SS convertible.

Dorian_Gray

Cherished Member
Media
Cool looking car, X. How's the engine?

It's like new. I pulled the valve covers this morning to inspect and to install the new ones and it looks like a new engine in there. Everything under the hood is all original/factory. The only thing is... I have to replace a universal joint. I was thinking maybe later I'd install some competition cams and some roller lifters and it'd put out a hell of a lot more power, but then it wouldn't be factory anymore. Would you do it?

hypoc8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've always kept things as close to stock as possible, but it is your car after all do with it what you want. I would keep anything you replace just in case you decide down the road to sell or want to put it back original. Just enjoy it!!

D_Chocho_Lippz

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's like new. I pulled the valve covers this morning to inspect and to install the new ones and it looks like a new engine in there. Everything under the hood is all original/factory. The only thing is... I have to replace a universal joint. I was thinking maybe later I'd install some competition cams and some roller lifters and it'd put out a hell of a lot more power, but then it wouldn't be factory anymore. Would you do it?
Do you want to....

keep it restored stock for nostalgia purposes....

have it tear the road up and make your passengers poop their pants....

take it up to the car show and open the engine and have people go, damn that is a sweet looking engine....

... etc...

Dorian_Gray

Cherished Member
Media
I just had a find today... It still has the factory original Firestone spare... probably dry-rotten as hell but, hey, it's OEM. The one thing I AM going to do is to replace the radio and speakers with a new receiver and pioneer speakers. I'll be saving the "Corvette 2-Knob" of course. I'll have to get some interior shots up for you guys.