My Penis Has Shrunk An Inch!! Please Help!!

Gnobe

Just Browsing
Media
Hi everyone,

I believe (infact I know) my Penis to have shrunk an inch flaccid size. I am normally 5.5 inches (14cm) but ever since friday morning at college I've noticed my wang had gotten a lot smaller than it normally was, I put it down to the cold weather but it didn't go away the whole day, so I decided to measure when I got just incase it was in my head, and to my amazement it measured a measley 4.5 inches :frown1:. And not only that the girth has gotten frightently smaller too, infact the lack of girth would be more noticeble than the reduction in length. I would know this because I'm a bit obessional (like we all are) about measuring my penis, almost every other day (since I'm still growing) and it has NEVER come anything less than 5 inches in it's flaccid state.

Just a bit of background here, I am on this hairloss drug called Propecia (finasteride 1mg; a hormone inhibitor, have been on it for 11 days). I am aware of the side affects, mainly loss of libido, sperm reduction, tits etc. However I was told all these were very rare, (occuring in only 2-3% of users), I didn't really care about having one or two of them, like loss of libido, but under any circumstances, DO NOT SHRINK MY DICK.

I know my willy hasn't actually shrunken in theory, but there's no blood in it. The back of my cock feels extremely flat, especially just where the dick and testicles meet. I walk around all day trying to stretch my penis just to try and get it back to normal size, but it remains skinny.:frown1:

I've been masturbating quite a lot recently (like twice a day), and so perhaps in combination with finasteride, this could be the reason why this has occured. I spoke to my dad about and he laughed at the idea and he said it was all in my head, but honestly I know my dick well and it has never been ever like this.

Please help, is there anything I can do? L'arginine or something?

Elmer Gantry

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I believe (infact I know) my Penis to have shrunk an inch flaccid size. I am normally 5.5 inches (14cm) but ever since friday morning at college I've noticed my wang had gotten a lot smaller than it normally was, I put it down to the cold weather but it didn't go away the whole day,

Welcome to Melbourne!

Riven650

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
masturbating is bad....cut down on it and it will be back to normal

Rubbish! Since when has masturbation been bad?

The drug is affecting your libido, and you are probably not having many nocturnal erections - if any. Without frequent erections your cock will lose size - flaccid and erect. Frequent masturbation will counteract this to some degree so long as you get a good erection. But even with very low testosterone a man can often be brought to orgasm (or bring himself to orgasm) without getting much of an erection. This might explain why masturbation might not be helping you.

I question the wisdom of your using this drug. Why are you on a drug at all? Hair loss is normal for most men. I think you should accept male pattern baldness, quit the drug, and get your cock back.

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
OK--since nobody else has asked, has your ERECT measurement decreased any? THAT is what I would be concerned about, if anything. Your flaccid measurement means basically nothing--it is so variable depending on many circumstances and time of day, that it is a complete variable. If you erect measurement has decreased, talk to your doctor. If yo are concerend about the drugs side effects, talk to your doctor.

Gnobe

Just Browsing
Media
My optimum erection length is 8.5x 5.75 (although even at 20 it's still growing!), but I only appear to be getting that if I force myself nowadays and not only that, it doesn't stay for very long. My morning boner's don't seem to be quite as big and I would be only maybe an 8 if I'm lucky. So it's like my recent natural erections having been quite as big.

The problem seems to be at the back my cock, i.e. the channel where the blood fills up, it doesn't seem to be quite as full as it used to be, nothing to do with the actual skin. When it's flaccid it feels like there's nothing in it.

I don't want to quit the hairloss drug yet so if there's any supplements that may counteract this problem I would be greatful if anyone could tell me of any.

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I have a feeling, (note--this is a feeling, NOT a diagonosos) that you are suffering from the lowered testosterone levels that Propecia and other hair loss drugs tend to promote--remember, in men that suffer from hair loss, it is the testosterone that is the main hormonal trigger. Talk to the doctor that prescribed it. Usually, from what I understand about Propecia, you have to always take it to maintain the effect. If it is detrimental to your sex life, you have to consider whcih is worse. Consider alternatives. But most of all, talk to your doctor about it--this is a side effect, and you are supposed to report side effects to your doctor!

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My optimum erection length is 8.5x 5.75 (although even at 20 it's still growing!), but I only appear to be getting that if I force myself nowadays and not only that, it doesn't stay for very long. My morning boner's don't seem to be quite as big and I would be only maybe an 8 if I'm lucky. So it's like my recent natural erections having been quite as big.

The problem seems to be at the back my cock, i.e. the channel where the blood fills up, it doesn't seem to be quite as full as it used to be, nothing to do with the actual skin. When it's flaccid it feels like there's nothing in it.

I don't want to quit the hairloss drug yet so if there's any supplements that may counteract this problem I would be greatful if anyone could tell me of any.

Maybe your penis has grown afraid of the "daily ruler treatment" and is hiding in your abdomen.

The tone of your post and the way you describe how you think about/act with your penis sound unhealthy and obsessive. Go see your doctor if it's bothering you as much as it seems to be.

Gnobe

Just Browsing
Media
Ok thanks davidjh7, I think I will speak to my doctor.

What I want to try first is not to masturbate for a few days and see what happens, because I haven't not masturbated for more than about 12-18 hours in ages and in combination with Propecia might not help. But regardless I think a doctor's appointment is round the corner anyway, because I've been told that only 2-3% of Propecia users suffer from sides while the rest are just normal (because after all it is only 1mg dose a day).

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Good man! He will be able to give you your best information, and suggest viable alternatives. He may reccomend you go a couple of weeks without the propecia, even though the hair loss will come back, to test the theory tat it is the propecia. Medicine, as amazing as much of it is, is still a case of trying different things until you find what works best for you overall. Good luck, and let us know how it turns out.

incher2

Just Browsing
Media
I would discuss the potential drug side effects with your Dr.

YOu can always go off the drug and then later start it back up with medical oversight.

If for some reason you find it a reaction to hair meds. keep your penis, you will loose the hair eventually anyway, but getting your penis back might not be an option. LOL

DadsAreUs

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Dear Gnobe,

Well, you seem to be dealing with two really tough issues, which you probably make harder by being too tough on yourself. It is not a happy situation for a guy your age to start losing his hair. If you are experiencing rapid hair loss at age 20 there is a very good chance that propecia won't work. That will be a hard thing for you to accept but the faster you do accept it and move on the better. There are a lot of sexy bald guys, who stay in shape and project a confidence that is undeniably attractive. So if the medicine doesn't work, cut yourself a break.

With regards to your penis size, I can't imagine that the drug is causing this problem but if you want to find out, go off it for two weeks. This won't cause any radical hair loss and will be enough time to get the stuff out of your system. If things improve the drug may be the culprit.

On the other hand, the cause may be psychological. If you just started taking Propecia, there is a good chance you are feeling kind of bad about yourself. This might be slowing down both your metabolism and your sex drive and could be, through your own self doubt, causing you to have trouble getting completely hard. Again, cut yourself a break. You've obviously got a great cock. enjoy it and the self assurance that should go with it.

Also, if you are jerking off a lot, your dick might just be tired. Did you try taking a break? did that help?

johnPNY

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
...even at 20...

How come you are using a hair-loss drug at 20 years old? Unless you have some genetic disorder or medical condition, you shouldn't have to worry about that for at least another 10-15 years.

I'd have to agree with the others and chalk it up to the side effects of this drug. And as you are quite young and I can't possibly imagine you having to worry about losing your hair more than losing your manhood I would say you need to look at what's really going on there promptly.

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
...I've noticed that my flaccid wang had gotten smaller than it normally was, ...it is now a measley 4.5 inches :frown1:. ... I would know this because I'm a bit obessional (like we all are) about measuring my penis, almost every other day (since I'm still growing) and it has NEVER come anything less than 5 inches in it's flaccid state.

I know my willy hasn't actually shrunken in theory.
... I walk around all day trying to stretch my penis just to tryand get it back to normal size, but it remains skinny.:frown1:

To say that you are a bit obsessed, Gnobe, is an understatement. You are TOO obsessed with the flaccid hang of your penis. Let it hang, LEAVE IT ALONE and study something else. One should not be expecting a flaccid penis to be lengthy, thick, or full of blood. That you can get erections is what is important and shows that your penis is still functioning well.

Gnobe

Just Browsing
Media
Hi people,

I decided to go off the drug just over two weeks ago and my cock has just recently gone back to normal.

The only thing is I've noticed my hairloss is beginning to pick up again, so I'm going to have to strike a deal between preventing hairloss and yet keeping my cock at the same time.

As one person told me "Propecia does not shrink penises. Your just dealing with decreased libido which causes decreased bloodflow and virility overall. This can decrease the percieved size"

I guess he's right because if anything my penis seems to have increased during that 3 month period (I was going through a little growth spurt before taking the drug).

So that's great, hitting just over 8.5 now and (5.5-6 flaccid) as oppose to the 4.5-5 flaccid and under 8" one during the time i took the drug.

Maybe I should contemplate taking it at a smaller dose or something.

Just thought I'd let you all know anyway!

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Losing hair is a normal part of life for any man, for some it comes sooner rather than later, do what many other guys do, accept it and shave your head. It seems a little extreme taking a drug you'll need to take for the rest of your life to put off what most men accept fairly easily. Lots of women like bald guys we see it as a sign of virility.