Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This post is a public invitation for encouragement from anyone reading this. I grew up not liking my body a lot. From my weight, to my skin, to even my penis size when I was younger, I looked in the mirror with disgust. It wasn't a matter of comparing myself to others, just random self-hatred that I've learned over the years to combat. This summer I slipped into a brief depression, which brought on major weight gain. Then, with the help of my loved ones, I was steered on a path of self affirmation. I have worth, my life has value, and my body has amazing features that I am going to learn to embrace. Every body can be beautiful. That said, I'm embarking on a journey to shape my body into something I can truly be proud of. This mission isn't about my weight or how other people see me. It's about looking in the mirror one day and seeing, "You did this amazing thing," and being proud of myself. I ask for your encouragement because it is truly difficult for me to stick to the gym and, though I am in a good place rightnow, to continue on this positive path. From now, until I feel like it, I'll be posting regular updates on my body journey. Thank you for reading, and I hope I'll have your support along the way!

August 2, 2019
Weight: 235 lbs
Skin: Acceptable
Mood: jolly ;)
20190802_165133.jpg

Thenialrivera91

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Can you a provide a link for your smart scale? I may be interested in purchasing one.

Sure! There are others out there but a brother has bills so I found a cheaper one lol

RENPHO Bluetooth Body Fat Scale Smart BMI Scale Digital Bathroom Wireless Weight Scale, Body Composition Analyzer with Smartphone App 396 lbs - Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N1UX8RW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_YG0tDbCZS2B4T

consistency is key. keep up the hard work.

Thanks for the encouragement!

Thenialrivera91

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
So I realize I never did a September update...I'll just blame that on "Hurricane Dorian." I've been going to the gym and eating in moderation. I'll admit that I've stress-eaten twice in the past 2 months but that beats my precious 4 or 5 times a week. At the gym, I've been doing more weight training and devoting 15-20 minutes a day to my chest and arms, my core, and my legs/glutes. I do cardio each gym run but every other visit I do mostly cardio while my muscles relax. I can finally run a mile in under 10 minutes for the first time in months. I'm constantly celebrating the little things to keep me going. In want to update at the beginning of each month to track my own progress. Some of you have reached out with your own personal journey and I'm so proud of you guys. Keep going! I'll update again the weekend after next.

September 21, 2019
Weight: 230.2 lbs
Skin: Improving
Mood: Motivated

20190921_113658.jpg
IMG_20190921_114449_470.jpg

confidential36

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Good luck bro. I'm also on a weight loss journey. I when the running route and I'm down 35lb from my max weight off 250lb. Remember to be patient with the progress and yourself. It's taken me 10 months to get this far and I've got another 25lb to go.

Thenialrivera91

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Mini update: I'm up 2 lbs but I'm thinking it's muscle since I've been going to the gym regularly and eating (mostly) right lol. I'm feeling more comfortable with my body. I got a smart scale and I'll be using an app to track my progress. I have no idea what half of this stuff means but I'll take the time to research. My short-term goal is to be down 30 lbs and 5% body fat. Once I accomplish that, I'll go from there. It feels really good to remind myself that I am in control of my body :grinning:
Screenshot_20190810-181429_Gallery.jpg

Reactions: BillM and Gj816

TrueB2

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I wish you the best of luck, and hope you find comfort in your own skin! Reading your story, I can definitely relate to how you feel though my problem was always being too skinny. I believe in you and if you ever want someone to talk to you can message me!! :) Keep up the great work my friend!!!

Reactions: mikeblack and Gj816

Thenialrivera91

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I wish you the best of luck, and hope you find comfort in your own skin! Reading your story, I can definitely relate to how you feel though my problem was always being too skinny. I believe in you and if you ever want someone to talk to you can message me!! :) Keep up the great work my friend!!!

Thank you so much for your encouragement! I just got back from the gym haha. I think you look great but what truly matters is that you can appreciate your body :heart:

Reactions: TrueB2 and Gj816

antonio

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I already don't eat a lot of meat and carbs is a nonnegotiable in my life lol.
Oh okay. So meat isn't a bad thing for people is all I wanted to say. It will provide the most bioavailable forms of iron and vitamin A, and protein in the best proportions as well. Carbohydrates are of course best in their natural form, and never too much fruit at once as you don't want to drive up your blood sugar. I actually think sugar is the source of most people's weight problems, even if they don't think so. Since refined carbohydrates pretty much convert quickly to glucose in the body, your body just keeps functioning as though it were being fed table sugar. Which leads to insulin resistance, pancreas problems and eventually Type 2 diabetes. My favorite T-shirt is the one that says, "Ask Steve Jobs about his Fruitarian Diet. Oh wait, you can't."
;)

Mantel

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I have to say, that your body type is the kind that any personal trainer would love to have as a client. Your weight "problem" is nothing that a good diet and a few months of resistance training can't fix. Cutting back on high-carb, starchy foods, and eating lots of high quality meats and fibrous and nutrient-dense vegetables will result in substantial fat loss. It's clear by your picture that your muscles haven't seen any resistance training in a long time. Gaining more muscle through weight training will accelerate your fat loss... since muscle tissue burns more calories than the same amount of fat does. Breaking down your muscle fibers through weight training, then allowing the muscle tissue to repair itself by feeding it with high quality nutrient dense food will help your muscles to grow quickly. And shrinking the fat cells through a controlled diet will allow your muscles to show. I found Thomas DeLauer videos on Youtube to be very helpful. Keep posting your progress. Good luck!

Jacob24

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Mini update: I'm up 2 lbs but I'm thinking it's muscle since I've been going to the gym regularly and eating (mostly) right lol. I'm feeling more comfortable with my body. I got a smart scale and I'll be using an app to track my progress. I have no idea what half of this stuff means but I'll take the time to research. My short-term goal is to be down 30 lbs and 5% body fat. Once I accomplish that, I'll go from there. It feels really good to remind myself that I am in control of my body :grinning:
View attachment 5744701

Can you a provide a link for your smart scale? I may be interested in purchasing one.

Reactions: Thenialrivera91

antonio

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've been going to the gym regularly and eating (mostly) right
Just checking in on one part of this: where are you in your definition of what eating right is? I think what we eat is at least 80% of the total weight loss formula. We've been told from bad studies/poor science that eating right means to avoid meat and to gobble down as many carbohydrates as possible. But there is a strong counter-cultural movement (low-carb/paleo/keto) that has pushed back against this approach, because people have had much better luck training their bodies to burn fat as its primary fuel instead of glucose/carbs. It is a big changeover though, teaching yourself to avoid all sugar/bread/rice/potatoes/grains.

Thenialrivera91

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hi. Well done for keeping up with this. It certainly must help to keep a blog about your journey.

Would you mind be asking your height and age?

Keep going!

Hi,

The blogging definitely does keep me more aware and making sure I track everything. I feel that I won't notice the change unless I have these snapshots. I am 6 ft and 26 years old.

Reactions: cumalloverme

RATA1988

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hello,

I haven't been that light since middle school! I don't want to fall below the 190-200 lbs range. I didn't do too much research on the scale. I'm not on any specific diet or exercise program. Learning as I go :relieved:
one of the key is to prepare your food and not buy anything transformed/prepared ( no ready-made meals or refined food).

RATA1988

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hello,

I haven't been that light since middle school! I don't want to fall below the 190-200 lbs range.
We don't have the same morphology, or the same size. You're tall with long legs. your morphology is very good in my opinion. The thickness won't fit on you in my opinion.

palmer

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Just saw your post.
Keep up the hard work and keep posting updates!
I'm 6'2 and currently 223-225 and several years ago was 240-250 and definitely had body image issues when I was in my 20s.
I got a job that kept me on my feet and cut our soda but still enjoy something sweet every now and then.
And if you're looking to drink more water, try it super cold, it almost tastes sweet.

Thenialrivera91

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I hope your journey ia still continuing to flourish.
Thanks for your encouragement! In 2022 I made the choice to take on a personal trainer. I'm learning a lot and am finally seeing results. However, this is after the shut down brought on a lot of new challenges (and weight) that I am slowly working off. I was about 260 four months ago. I am now 245. Hoping to strengthen my core and chest areas, while building my stamina.

• Love
Reactions: Christopher_James