My sex drive is way higher then my mans, this sucks.

Bert_13

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My wife and I had a great sex life until we got married. Now she's put on weight and her sex drive has plummeted. I'm ready to go several times a week but she's only into it once a month or so, sometimes less. So goddamn frustrating to jerk off in bed next to her while she's sleeping.

Attila the Hung

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I`d say me and my gf are pretty well matched as far as our sex drives go, she wants it every other day so we end up having sex anywhere between 4-6 times a week on average, sometimes more if I`m not having a stressful week at work.

Stress is a major sex drive killer I have come to realise over the past year, and I agree with one of the other posters who mentioned that as men get older we need a bit more foreplay to get to full attention, at least in my case I`ve noticed it and I`m only 28.

B_Yeah69

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've been in a few relationships where I had the higher sex drive. People have different levels of sexual desire. It doesn't mean that one of you is abnormal. You may simply be incompatible in that way.

I am very sad to report that nothing ever changed in any of those relationships, and I tried a lot of different tactics. Nothing I did made those men desire sex more frequently. They were stuck at the level they were at, and so was I.

The only one I was in a long term relationship with, I think I could have lived with the differences in our sex drives if the other problems could have been worked out, because the good parts of that relationship were just so good and so satisfying. We regularly had sex 3x a week, and I think that would have been enough for me, but only because of how good the companionship aspect of our relationship was. When I broke up with him, it was over a serious issue unrelated to sex.

I'm not saying that your guy is like any of them, but just know that it's a possibility that you can't change how frequently he wants to have sex with you, or his sexual tastes, or anything else, and that doesn't make either of you abnormal, just different from one another.

This all goes back to Testosterone levels in a mans body. If the guy is 35 for example and has Testosterone levels of a 60 year old...libido is the first sign to show. I'm not saying they can't function but the virility and stamina are not there. Many a times these low T issues go undiagnosed and doctors don't give the time of day checking for low T and often prescribe harmful anti depressant drugs which are not the answer at the root of the problem.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh, I completely disagree with that! You can't presume that someone who desires sex a lot just needs "attention." :rolleyes:

While "validation issues" might be some people's reason for desiring sex a lot, other people are just hornier than others. You can't ascribe a single motivation to a single type of behavior. That motivation is just one possible reason why someone might behave that way.

Look at me. The fact that birth control pills dampens or completely kills that desire in a lot of women like me just goes to show that women like me have a naturally higher level of desire and that has nothing to do with immature psychological issues like a need for "validation," it's just how our hormones affect us. When I went on birth control pills, it was so effective at killing my sex drive that I called it "chemical castration." Now if I just needed "validation" then I would have continued to seek sex as much as before despite my own lack of desire for sex, because birth control pills aren't a substitute for validation.

I actually do think I have some combination of validation issues AND just a higher than average sex drive. The same thing happened to me when I was on the pill - had no sex drive at all. Yet, I do have the validation issues in other ways because I've had instances where several guys I was with didn't want sex as often as I did, or had ED problems (my head tells me that their ED problems are due to their chronic health problems, but that pesky inner voice says to me that maybe if I was slimmer and had bigger boobs that he wouldn't have that problem...)

My wife and I had a great sex life until we got married. Now she's put on weight and her sex drive has plummeted. I'm ready to go several times a week but she's only into it once a month or so, sometimes less. So goddamn frustrating to jerk off in bed next to her while she's sleeping.

It could be that she feels self conscious about the weight gain. I have gained quite a bit of weight in recent years, and have some self-consciousness about it, but I've always been self-conscious about my body, even when I was slimmer, so I don't think in my case it's made a whole lot of difference. But it may have in her case.

dandelion

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Its true enough men get less interested and less capable as they get older. A mate of mine used to be very accommodating that I wanted sex more than him, and was happy spending a weekend getting me to come as much as he could and him holding off. Great fun and much appreciated. fifteen years later I got to thinking about it, because it wasnt so much fun. Doing the same I was getting to feeling I was performing just to keep up appearances and it was seriously hard work. Experience tells me different guys have wide ranging stamina when it comes to sex. With the benefit of time, I have experienced both sides of this, so I can confidently say if you are feeling horny its just fun to fuck and fuck without a thought for anything else. If your not, then it isnt fun at all. A horny guy ( and presumably woman, not being experienced about that myself) is just there for the sex. A not horny guy has time to think about other stuff, like whether he likes the person he is with.

oh, and bear in mind most people here probably have higher than average sex drive, or they wouldnt be here.

Last edited:

MoneyForNothing

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Long term stress decreases the effect of testosterone. However, short term stress increases testosterone. That is something often overlooked.

I remember having some intense experiences in the past and feeling fairly horny afterward. Ever heard of couples that fight and then end up fucking?